The Modern Age Superman Club Presents: Man of Steel Watch-Along, Sunday, October 10th at 1 PM Pacific/4 PM Eastern

See, that’s why it should be the basis for a future JL sequel.

I’ve already contacted Marketing and they’re going to call it…“Justice League: Doomsday”.

Now we just need to get McDonald’s on the line for Happy Meal toys and…oh, yes. They’ve shunned Happy Meal toys for PG-13 movies for the last near 30 years, now.

Stupid clown. Hamburgler, too. GD klepto, just buy a hamburger, already!

1 Like

I suspect that there’s a certain DC movie to blame…

1 Like

I suspect certain tight-*** parent’s groups were to blame, more than anything.

“Oh my gawd! There’s Happy Meal toys for a movie most of us probably haven’t even seen! Won’t someone please think of the kids whom likely don’t care and just want to enjoy the movie?!”

I didn’t see those groups protesting outside of my local Shopko, when they sold Kenner’s Batman Returns toys, but noooo, they were complaining to the house Ronald McDonald built.

I bet Ronald wanted to turn the hose on 'em. Clowns are mischiefy. :smiling_imp: :clown_face:

2 Likes

I’m ready!!

2 Likes

Two minutes!

2 Likes

30 seconds?

3 Likes

Play Time! :play_or_pause_button:

2 Likes

Up up and press play! :superman_hv_1:

2 Likes

And the logos begin…

3 Likes

That’s possibly my least-favorite DC logo.

3 Likes

The soundtrack of this movie is just spectacular

4 Likes

I thought the biggest beef with this flick was how Kal deals with Zod.

4 Likes

It is. Its one of my favorite LA DC scores, as well as a favorite Hans Zimmer score, in general.

2 Likes

An epic composer for an epic movie!

1 Like

This version of Krypton is kinda Silver Age-esque.

3 Likes

I always saw that as an impulsive decision that Superman made, then instantly regretted, hence his guttural “No!” afterward.

He has killed in the comics, Internet. He really has. Its just an absolute last resort for him to do so.

3 Likes

The culture’s attitudes are pure post-Crisis, though.

4 Likes

Yeah I feel like there was a better way to handle that situation.

2 Likes

It sets up BvS well though and the path Snyder was hoping to set up

2 Likes