The Flash Trailer Is Out NOW. What Are Your Thoughts?

Welcome back to the community, friend! This Flash movie really is looking spicy :fire:

6 Likes

I haven’t seen the trailer, not going to see the trailer, nor am I ever going to watch the movie.

The Only reason this movie has any hype what so ever is because of Michael Keaton.

An that alone should tell James Gunn, he should really think about making a solid movie that Keaton can come back to the big screen in either his own stand alone Batman movie, or along side other heros, in a Justice League Dark, Kingdom Come, Batman /Batman Beyond, Batman White Knight, there are many more movies for an older Michael Keaton to reprise the role and pull it off.

But I would watch Ezra Miller, if he just played himself, in a movie along side Ben Affleck playing himself, along side Alec Baldwin , an just give the three of them blue padded helmets to wear, and those big balloon bats, and just have them run around a park for an hour hitting each other with the balloon bats.

maybe have them take a nap in the middle of the park, sit around and have some pudding cups.

Will others enjoy the movie, sure, and other people enjoyed the Titanic, and it was blockbuster hit, that I never saw and never will either.

Mean while, B.G and Aquaman 2 get sacked, and James Gunn is running around like some mad scientist frothing at the mouth.

wow i am in a mood, , well mine as well top it off with James Gunn mine as well just make his DCU movies, all hand drawn by him, in stick figures, and have Michael Bay do the special affects, and go find Michael Winslow ( would that be too many Michaels working on a movie ? ) and have him do the fight scene noises or character voices.

No wait scrap that, ima do it instead. friggin put it on youtube an be a youtube millionaire.

2 Likes

I wasnt all that interested in the movie at first, but then my dad showed me the trailor and Im in. The blue/grey batman looks cool.

5 Likes

Yes it is

3 Likes

I don’t remember if I had seen that Big Game cut before tonight, but having just seen the full movie trailer once again last night, probably for the fourth or fifth time since it dropped but the first time since it dropped, I will say (a) the Big Game commercial was excellent and will probably be a bigger driver than the overall trailer. I hope the rest of the advertising is as well cut.

Technically, all the work on it looks pretty good; especially the action cuts. Unlike most people, my favorite part wasn’t any of the Keaton moment’s but this nifty reveal:

I had wondered why Miller’s hair was so long in the leaked photos but the rationale for that is a lot clearer now and my only real complaint (besides way too much batman in the story and the trailer) was that they lost Billy Crudup. I’m disappointed that, as with the non-sequel sequel to Man of Steel being turned into a team-up, this is not really a stand-alone Flash movie either - so meme’s sometimes are more right than not:

I will see this in theaters. It looks like, everything else being equal, it will be at least a better movie than other DC films I’ve sat through in theaters.

3 Likes

What can I say? I sell trailers.

3 Likes

Please feel free to ignore my post and pretend they don’t exist. And please definitely do not comment on them.

2 Likes

I wanna see Booyah Begins lmao

3 Likes

I think it’s kinda good they cut there scenes out WB needs to introduce new characters

4 Likes

Well I think since directors can legally disown a movie I think it’s ok to marry one

5 Likes

4 Likes

Since James gunn announced his 10 dc projects one of them include supergirl woman of tomorrow so it could depend if the performance of Sasha Calle’s Kara Danvers is good then he could maybe keep her like how he’s keeping John Cena and Viola Davis

4 Likes

His helmet looks stupid

4 Likes

That’s true it’s gonna make me sad when the flash restarts the whole DCEU I’m gonna cry when it happens and I’m gonna need a moment to say bye to the characters but not Jared Leto no one liked him

5 Likes

That’s an understatement.

Just kidding. But damn, dude, have some faith. I hate seeing that everybody’s is c**pping on James Gunn’s DCU when it hasn’t even started yet.

I agree that Michael Keaton is the main reason why many people are going to see The Flash and he should stick around for a while. The toy sales said it all. Batman clearly comes first before Flash. It’s the nostalgia factor, and DC should take advantage of that. It’s clearly working for them, grabbing everybody’s interest.

Aquaman & The Lost Kingdom, I’m not too excited for. The first one satisfied me enough to not want a sequel.

As far as making fun of James’s direction and any future VFX that we haven’t even seen yet… chill! One thing I’ve noticed a lot these days is that people are too quick to judge and condemn when something doesn’t go the way they plan or think. At least give the guy a chance. We only saw half of his first phase of films, so everybody needs to take a break and breath. Start making judgments when we’re the first few years into the plan and we’ve already seen Superman: Legacy, Creature Commandos, and etc.

I’m not taking sides with James Gunn, because I’m a bit nervous about that plan too, and he has made some confusing and contradicting stuff about where he’s going to take all this. I’m also not siding with those people who are already hating on him and his plan. I’m in a position where I’m just going to go with the flow, and after some years go by and the universe is already in effect, then I’ll judge.

1 Like

I honestly forgot that Gunn did Suicide Squad, so , it should be fine. But this Flash movie, I already saw one post that there is no Reverse Flash, that the title of the movie is just Flash or The Flash, not FlashPoint, and the bad guy is some vague character from the comics that I have never heard of, Dark Flash, which is supposed to be a Wally West character if it is from the comics, more over to confuse it more the color scheme is pretty much identical to Reverse Flash.

But Ezra Miller, man, what a mess. More over, remember Bill Cosby ? An how good the Cosby Show was ? Ya know where that show and his movies are now? In the trash.

This is all Michael Keaton, I’ll deff grab a Michael Keaton Batman figure at some point. But Ezra Miller is just dog food now.

I couldn’t see that movie even if i wanted to because in my mind I would just be heckling Ezra Miller, and me an mouth would probably slip at some point in the theater.

3 Likes

I don’t. I was born in '03 lol. Only thing I know about him is the accusations and his sentence

2 Likes

I keep needing to remind myself it’s just contingent of people who are overly active online but sure makes it feel like everyone when there’s so much hate being thrown left, right and center.

Just saw this from Shazam’s director and it’s very sad to see them walk away from the superhero genre with such a bitter experience in the online side of things.

https://twitter.com/ponysmasher/status/1637856222526476289?s=20

Hopefully The Flash really does knock it out the park and is financially successful. At least as a more casual theater goer out of all these last couple DCEU movies this year that one’s the most ‘must watch’ event kinda film for me personally.

3 Likes

Sandberg deserves to use his talent somewhere else where people can appreciate it anyway. He’ll likely be even happier. I’m noticing that comic book fans and some communities are becoming like the Star Wars fanbase. The smallest inkling of anything can make these people upset.

2 Likes

This movie looks like it is going to be so good. I cannot wait to see it!

7 Likes