The Flash Trailer Is Out NOW. What Are Your Thoughts?

I am really excited to see it. I am not going to get too attached to Sasha Calle as Supergir, considering this might me her only movie.

Now Michael Keaton as Batman, when he said I am Batman, that got a cheer from me.

I am there for it!

6 Likes

Sounds like everybody agrees I am the best part because I’m Batman.

6 Likes

Love the trailer!

Let’s see if the movie can live up to it.

4 Likes

hair is too long needs a cut

3 Likes

Seeing Keaton in the suit again definitely gave me chills! I’m super excited, can’t wait to see what this movie brings–it already kinda feels like the start of a new exciting time for DC films!

6 Likes

Definitely seeing it in theaters (The Flash + Dolby Atmos=SCHWAY).

Definitely buying the toys.

Definitely reading the following mini before I see the movie in theaters:

Definitely buying the toys (yes, I said it before, but this is for extra emphasis).

7 Likes

I was really not interested in this movie before… Yet, they have done a very good job of making it look interesting.

Good Supergirl stuff. That alone makes me want to see it, but I’m still on the fence. Too many letdowns from that regime.

4 Likes

I was waiting for him to say it

3 Likes

Michael Keaton’s Batman wasn’t really my favorite, but I still got chills seeing him back in the suit. Who knew we were going to have two generations of Batman on the big screen

3 Likes

The helmet is too big compared to the rest of the suit. Reminds me of the Season 5 suit of The Flash. Cowl needed to be thinner

4 Likes

If you’d like to see my reaction to the trailer pleez click here:

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!! :smile:
:00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989:

8 Likes

Cowl. :wink:

sits back in his chair as the trailer plays nearby

So…you liked it, yeah?

5 Likes

OMGOMGOMGOMG!

:00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989:

:smile: :smiley:

5 Likes

It’s fine. I don’t hate it, it’s just difficult to muster much enthusiasm for DC in the last, well–decade.
Two things in particular I’ll note:

First, it looks like Flash’s suit is trying to have the “best of both worlds”. Mostly straight red like the classic version, but I guess lighting up to emulate the post-Flashpoint version. Though, I don’t think “best of both worlds” is an apt phrase, as I never cared for the “lightning lines” look, and here it just looks–not good.
Second, while I got so much nostalgia feels when that sweet, sweet Tim Burton score kicked in, I could’ve done without Bats mugging for the camera like a self-aware meme.

3 Likes

Anything to get people talking about this movie lmao

1 Like

Yeah, that part in the trailer definitely had a bit of a “Say the line Bart” energy, but I’m willing to bet that either it will work better in context of the movie, or it not even in the movie and it’s just something they shot for the trailer – lots of big blockbusters do that nowadays.

8 Likes

:smile: IDK…I mean, I don’t think you’re sufficiently enthusiastic enough to where I can really tell if you’re into the movie or not.

Tell you what…I’ll go get a cookie at the cookie stand o’er yonder…

points at said stand which, as we all know, is not part of the food court

…and while I do, you can gather up your feelings on the trailer for when I get back, so that we can really get into the heart of whether or not you’re excited for this movie.

Oh, BTW: Would you like a cookie? Chocolate-covered pretzels? Mooby Meal? Some tea? Livesavers? How about a nice hot dog and a beer? A Slurpee?

hums tunes from Planes, Trains and Automobiles to himself as he moseys over to the cookie stand

I love the smell of fresh-baked cookies (and commerce) in the morning!

4 Likes

Yeah, like ‘Freddy VS. JASON! Place your bets’ and Tarantino was all upset. Given, it made no sense in the context of the film. This woman would be too scared to be dropping some meme, lol

3 Likes

Reference your take (and a lot of other people’s, myself included), on the decision to cut the scenes with Cavill and Gadot, I agree 100%. If this is indeed a transitional, farewell film to the Snyderverse, then why not include them? Batman and General Zod are both major players in that universe. So we can get them, but not even farewell cameos or something, for Superman and Wonder Woman? I won’t say that’s as harsh as WB’s treatment of Cavill, but it is rather cold shouldered I think. Both they, and we, deserved a better send-off. That’s my 2 cents!

3 Likes

This is the only comic movie I am looking forward to and I think Shazam has to get me out of my house lol

6 Likes