Tech Tuesday: The Work Disaster. Which DC Vehicle Can Save You?

Welcome back to the next episode of Tech Tuesday! The place to live out your own heroic fantasies with some of the coolest gadgets, weapons and gear available in the DC Universe.

The Setup:

This week, you’re late for work! You overslept. There was a power cut in the night and your alarm didn’t go off. Maybe your rooster was stolen by a jealous neighbour. It doesn’t really matter, all you know is that you’re late. You usually take the train, but it’s far too late for that. You hop in the shower and start rehearsing excuses to your boss when you hear a noise outside in the yard. Something fell from the skies and landed in your back yard. Roll Kelex to see what fell from the heavens!

How It Works:

We need Kelex’s assistance! Use Kelex to roll for a random number out of 8. You can do this by commenting and saying “@Kelex roll 1d8”. Our friendly resident chatbot will then give you a number out of 8. This number indicates which Gadget you’ve received based on the list of gadgets below. If you’re unsure of how the gadget works, we’ve left some details for each gadget to help you out!

Now, all you need to do is take a look at the gadget and tell us how you would use it to save the day. You can be as creative as you like. I’ll be taking the best 5 answers in a poll and sharing them with you in the next installment of Tech Tuesday :slight_smile:

Gadget Details

1. Batman’s Batpod - A Batcycle that ejects from the Tumbler (or Batmobile) in The Dark Knight series. Super agile, super cool!

2. Green Arrow’s Arrowcar - It’s not cool, but it’ll definitely get you where you need to go… and fast!

3. Lobo’s Spacehog - No need for roads with this thing. You’ll be at work in no time!

4. Tim Drake’s Motorcycle - With Batman’s resources behind him, this bike is faster and more well equipped than most you’ll find. A great gift!

5. The Teen Titan’s T-Car - Has rocket boosters AND cup holders. What more do you need?

6. The Joker’s Jokermobile - For when you want to pull up at work in style. Did I mention the machine guns?

7. Sam - Equipped with an electrical conductor and casters, you can still take the train line with this one!

8. Wildcard - Pick your own vehicle!

Last Week’s Best Solution?

0 voters

9 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d8

5 Likes

:game_die: 8

6 Likes

After taking a shower and got dress, knowing I was late, then in my back yard I see Stargirl and S.T.R.I.P.E landed!
Stargirl ask if I needed a ride to work, I said sure, then she told me to hop on the back of S.T.R.I.P.E and hang on tight! Before I could ask for seatbelt, we took off flying!
S.T.R.I.P.E finally got me to work, when I ask him if he’ll take me home later, he said in a robotic voice, “Get a taxi.”
Rude I thought and thank him.
Now I just hope my boss @Alec.Holland doesn’t fire me for being late!:grin:

10 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d8

5 Likes

D’oh!
@Kelex roll 1d8

5 Likes

:game_die: 5

6 Likes

Nice, the T-car!

Ok, let’s see…
I go outside to the yard and find the T-car!
I then decide to use the car to chase after the jealous neighbor who stole my rooster. I mean, come on, I suddenly have a super team’s vehicle and a rooster is in danger. Not a hard decision. So then, off I go, as I venture on to boldly save that rooster. The following tale is too epic to simply summarize here, so I won’t even attempt to. After the rooster is saved, I head to work late. Hopefully the boss likes roosters, maybe he’ll accept a… gift :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d8

5 Likes

:game_die: 4

5 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d8

5 Likes

6 Likes

It was Collapser! I latched onto him and told him to teleport me into the ocean and then to work. When I got to work, I said I accidentally drove off the bridge, and Collapser had to rescue me and bring me to work. Problem solved!

7 Likes

The “4” is for my cousin. She’s writing her response now.

5 Likes

She said “I will go from 0 to 180 mph on the bike in 6.9 seconds and be there on time and tell them I got an uber.”

6 Likes

I voted for @RexRebel’s idea because it involves me

9 Likes

Also @Kelex roll 1d8

6 Likes

5 Likes

Whelp…this is what I get for staying out all night fighting the Riddler

I bet it was the Penguin…he likes stealing birds :joy::joy::joy:

Seems unlikely…unless it is a private train…do I have a private train???

Are the members of the board really my boss…after all it is my company

I rolled an 8 and chose my batwing

I girl out side to find my Batwing landing on the back lawn of my estate…Alfred must have planned ahead and summoned it for me

I hope in the Batwing and fly to Wayne Towers were I just make it in time for the board meeting

7 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d8

5 Likes