Welcome back to the next episode of Tech Tuesday! The place to live out your own heroic fantasies with some of the coolest gadgets, weapons and gear available in the DC Universe.
This week, things are a little miserable. It’s been raining for several days with no signs of stopping. You’re planning out a long day of doing absolutely nothing when the flood alerts come through to your phone. It’s time to evacuate to higher ground! On your way out and across the street, you notice a van stranded off the side of the road with a newly formed river between you and it. It’s a humane society van and the sounds of kittens and puppies can be heard from inside. You know deep down inside that you’re the only one who can save them. Get to it!
How it works
We need Kelex’s assistance! Use Kelex to roll for a random number out of 6. You can do this by commenting and saying “@Kelex roll 1d6”. Our friendly resident chatbot will then give you a number out of 6. This number indicates which Gadget you’ve received based on the list of gadgets below. If you’re unsure of how the gadget works, we’ve left a short description for each gadget as well as an image to help you!
Now, all you need to do is take a look at the gadget and tell us how you would use it to save the day. You can be as creative as you like. I’ll be taking the best 5 answers in a poll and sharing them with you in the next installment of Tech Tuesday
1. Captain Cold’s Cold Gun - Has the power to drop objects to absolute zero, completely stopping all molecular movement. (It’s not freezing, he’s very particular about that!)
2. Batman’s Freeze Grenades - Explode on impact and freeze the surrounding area. Super effective on water!
3. Minister Blizzard’s Ice Gun - Capable of creating ice AND controlling minds. Use wisely!
4. Aquaman’s Hook - The 2nd edition. As long as a skyscraper is tall and controlled by your mind. Extremely strong and versatile!
5. Batman’s Line Launcher - Shoots a strong steel line between 2 points to make a tightrope or a zip line.
6. WILDCARD - You choose your gadget!