Tech Tuesday: The Flood. Which DC Universe Gadget Will Save You?

Welcome back to the next episode of Tech Tuesday! The place to live out your own heroic fantasies with some of the coolest gadgets, weapons and gear available in the DC Universe.

The Setup

This week, things are a little miserable. It’s been raining for several days with no signs of stopping. You’re planning out a long day of doing absolutely nothing when the flood alerts come through to your phone. It’s time to evacuate to higher ground! On your way out and across the street, you notice a van stranded off the side of the road with a newly formed river between you and it. It’s a humane society van and the sounds of kittens and puppies can be heard from inside. You know deep down inside that you’re the only one who can save them. Get to it!

How it works

We need Kelex’s assistance! Use Kelex to roll for a random number out of 6. You can do this by commenting and saying “@Kelex roll 1d6”. Our friendly resident chatbot will then give you a number out of 6. This number indicates which Gadget you’ve received based on the list of gadgets below. If you’re unsure of how the gadget works, we’ve left a short description for each gadget as well as an image to help you!

Now, all you need to do is take a look at the gadget and tell us how you would use it to save the day. You can be as creative as you like. I’ll be taking the best 5 answers in a poll and sharing them with you in the next installment of Tech Tuesday :slight_smile:

Gadgets Details

1. Captain Cold’s Cold Gun - Has the power to drop objects to absolute zero, completely stopping all molecular movement. (It’s not freezing, he’s very particular about that!)

2. Batman’s Freeze Grenades - Explode on impact and freeze the surrounding area. Super effective on water!

3. Minister Blizzard’s Ice Gun - Capable of creating ice AND controlling minds. Use wisely! :wink:

4. Aquaman’s Hook - The 2nd edition. As long as a skyscraper is tall and controlled by your mind. Extremely strong and versatile!

5. Batman’s Line Launcher - Shoots a strong steel line between 2 points to make a tightrope or a zip line.

6. WILDCARD - You choose your gadget!

9 Likes

No poll? Ok. :slightly_smiling_face:
@Kelex roll 1d6

4 Likes

:game_die: 4

4 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

4 Likes

:game_die: 2

4 Likes

I would throw the freeze grenades at the van. Once the grenades explode, the van is encased in thick ice, protecting it from the water and impact. Then, I would break a fire hydrant and throw another ice grenade at it, freezing the water that erupts from it, allowing me to get to higher ground and flee!

5 Likes

As I stare in horror, I hurry put on my hook and yell, “AQUAMAN” And change into the 90s Aquaman with long blonde hair, had a beard, hook and the Armor!
I dove into the rushing water to the lightpole and hold on to it as I shoot my hook to grab hold to the van and pull it out of the flood for safety to safe the driver and the animals.
The End.
:00_aquaman:

6 Likes

@Alec.Holland is there a poll this week?

5 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d8

4 Likes

:game_die: 6

3 Likes

Whoops

@kelex roll 1d6

4 Likes

:game_die: 1

3 Likes

Not on the poll… again :cry:

4 Likes

Ok so I have Captain Cold’s Cold Gun…Apparently I confiscated it from him when he tried to rob a bank in Gotham…I guess he wanted a change of scenery

I should probably help as many citizens of Gotham first before making sure I’m safe…

Whelp at least I’m helping innocent kittens and puppies…

Ok so I use the Cold Gun to make a solid pathway. I then use my BatIceSkates to skate across the river to reach the van and rescue the poor animals. Once I get them to safety I go back and help rescue as many people as possible.

Edit: I should probably explain that I use the BatSled to get the puppies and kitties to safety

4 Likes

@kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 5

2 Likes

Batman’s line launcher! One of the best gadgets in the Batman: Arkham series, which can move Batman across large distances as he hangs onto the line. This one is simple enough – all I need to to do is take a basket from my home large enough to carry the puppies and kitties, attach one end to the roof of the van, and another to the top of a nearby building. By moving up the line and then attaching the basket, I can send it back and forth to retrieve the animals in danger.

5 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 4

2 Likes

Aquaman’s hook? Here we go again

4 Likes