Tech Tuesday: The Carnival. Which DC Universe Gadget Will Save You?

Alllllllllllllrighty. Looks like some pretty good answers so far, so let’s get to it!

@Jurisdiction

Interesting choice!

I’d like to think that gravity will help a lot here too!

Very philanthropic of you! I approve. :moneybag:

@Reaganfan78

Are you sure it’s just a headache and not a pretty severe head injury? :joy:

This was so simple, I’m giggling.

I didn’t get to it yet! I’ve been super busy behind the scenes. Will read as soon as I’m done here!

@NYJt3

Easy does it!

I think either/or is acceptable :slight_smile:

Did you just make a pun? +5 points, purely for that. This put a pretty funny image on my head of people jumping onto the slides like they’re exiting a plane! :joy:

@Reaganfan78 #2

I just ate several pounds of home made chicken tenders and this still made me hungry…

This gave me an image of that scene from Hancock… :eyes:

Hancock Train

Pro tip for everyone reading - The chorus for ‘Stayin’ Alive’ by the Bee Gees is the correct tempo for chest compressions during CPR :chart_with_upwards_trend: :hospital:

takes note for future episodes

@THE_OneAndOnly_Official_Batman

(Same)

Sick.

Nice.

GG. Well played. :white_check_mark:

@DCrookie - Welcome to Tech Tuesday! I get so excited when we get new players :smiley:

Oh man, we got a writer here!

This is exactly what I had in mind when I wrote the scenario.

This was not what I had in mind. Great thinking!

And a sweet ending to boot! Although I’m not sure that you’re supposed to give sharp objects to small children… I guess it’s the parent’s problem now :grimacing:

@Row.Harper

This seems to happen a lot. Kelex wants you to learn! :smiley:

10/10 pet ownership. :cat2:

It sure does!

Let’s take a moment for our fallen friend. :neutral_face:

I have had nightmares where they’re not labelled. Thank goodness for organisation!

A little unceremonious. I think he might be upset about recent events :eyes:

There it is.

Bonus points for continuing the story! I love it.

@RexRebel

So much food going uneaten this week, I’m so sorry!

Always aim for the big red button!

Well… nevermind I guess :joy:

But you have a bright future in some sort of object throwing related sport!

Dare I say… this whole story has been a rollercoaster? :smirk:

Time to send The Joker back to Arkham where he’ll inevitably escape come Sunday evening :roll_eyes:

@MantaStroke - Welcome to Tech Tuesday! It’s a fun time when we have 2 newcomers in one week!

Don’t worry. The hook is controlled with your mind and it’s super strong. You’ll get the job done :slight_smile:

Nope. That’s absolutely illegal here :x:

@jbuneo.94562 - First off, a warm, warm welcome to the community and to Tech Tuesday! :fire: It’s a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

As Jurisdiction mentioned, the Wildcard means that you can use ANY item in the DC Universe. I’ll make it a little more obvious next week! :slight_smile:

With that said, I love that you went through methodically to choose the right item!

It’s always just in the nick of time!

Just like a Helter Skelter!

Woah, plot twist! I absolutely did not have this in mind when I wrote this scenario :joy:

Got 'em!

Swoopy Slide :white_check_mark:
Caught the bad guy :white_check_mark:
Good food :white_check_mark:
Saved the day :white_check_mark:

Thanks for all the entries so far! There’s still plenty of time before next Tuesday. Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with! :blue_heart:

9 Likes

Thank you - I think…

5 Likes

@Alec.Holland I just wanted to let you know that this has been my favorite thing on DC Community since you started it. I wait every week (but this week I never got notified - stupid technology) and I just wanted to say you’re doing an amazing job with it!

5 Likes

I learn from Inside Editon that a guy did a cpr by doing 'staying Alive, from remembering the episode of The Office, and save a person’s life. So I learn it from it.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

You’re gonna have me start taking notes soon. I almost forgot about my house from a couple weeks ago and nearly didn’t put it in. But this is so much fun! Thanks again for doing this!

5 Likes

Thanks so much! I appreciate it. It’s been a nice little pet project and it’s truly heartwarming to hear how people are enjoying it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Haha, I love that episode of The Office!

They ran an advert in the UK (where I grew up) that taught you to do it to Stayin’ Alive, so I’ve known ever since!

4 Likes

I’m keeping notes in case you aren’t, don’t worry!

Thank you for taking part! It’s only as good as everyone’s creativity. So far, everyone is killing it!

5 Likes

You lived in the UK?

I thought that DC Community is an American site (although it’s cool to know and meet others that are from other countries)

4 Likes

Lived, past tense :slight_smile:

5 Likes

oh. Wait so DC Community is or isn’t an international site? Now I’m confused lol

4 Likes

I moved to the US :slight_smile:

It’s currently US only with plans to be international in the future. Hopefully towards the end of this year!

6 Likes

:joy: that’s how I thought of it.

The Freeze Ray. It changes you. :joy:

5 Likes

My favorite scenario so far!

5 Likes

My favorite line ever in Tech Tuesday!^

5 Likes

Didn’t know that was in town :grinning:

Right…
A “$50”…

Now, on to business:

@Kelex roll 1d6

4 Likes

:game_die: 3

3 Likes

After spewing out a couple of Aquaman jokes, I try bashing a bunch of the roller coaster controls like a kid at an arcade game.
That did not work.

I use the hook to latch on to the back of the speeding rollercoaster. Miscalculating the velocity of the ride, I hold up a small sign that says “Yipe” into the camera.

Dangling like a kite along the back of the ride, I eventually use the hook to connect the back of the rollercoaster to a lamppost. This allows the rollercoaster to decelerate once it reaches the end of the ride (and, at the dame time, causes my arms to be very, very sore). Delirious from the physical stress of the situation, I tell everyone to depart from the rollercoaster in an orderly fashion as if I were an airplane pilot.

Next time, I’ll try the circus.

7 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 3

2 Likes