Tech Tuesday: The Carnival. Which DC Universe Gadget Will Save You?

Batman’s Batarang x3

The coaster car is gaining too much momentum. Sparks are flying as it makes its way away from my sight.
I reach into my bag and what do I find? Three batarangs curtesy of Bruce Wayne.
I think quick and send one flying to the engineer’s lever to halt the coaster, and send another towards a balloon next to the engineer to awaken him…

A little girl sees how quickly I reacted and is amazed and says “Those are Batman’s! He knows Batman!”. I give her the last batarang as a gift.

7 Likes

Your Welcome

6 Likes

@Kelex Roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 3

2 Likes

Aquaman’s hook!! (The one I know the least about on this list. Should be fun!)

After the last couple of weeks, I decided I needed some time to relax. I make sure my kitten has enough food and water, then I go out to the carnival for the day. Some funnel cake sounds good!

As I get my funnel cake I noticed the screams on the nearby rollercoaster sound off. I watch as the coaster gains more and more speed as the end of the track comes closer. My funnel cake hit the ground, not because I dropped it in shock, but because my left arm was now a giant hook!

Instinctively, I aimed the hook up to the controls where the operator was nowhere in sight. The hook shot out like a grappling hook and then pulled me up to the controls. Luckily, all the buttons were labelled and I was able to turn off the coaster without messing anything up.

I look around for the operator as the ride slows. But I don’t see them anywhere. Suddenly, Aquaman jumped out of the nearby water with the operator draped over his shoulder. He drops him on the ground next to me. The hook disappears and re-appears on Aquaman’s arm. He stares at me for a minute then jumps back into the water. I decided to leave too and get out of the way as the coaster comes to a slow stop back at it’s starting point.

“Shoot.” I think as I walk away, “I should have apologized for dropping my house into the ocean a couple weeks ago.”

7 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 4

3 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

4 Likes

:game_die: 6

3 Likes

A speeding rollercoaster, and I have only 3 batarangs to use.Oh this is easy except that, there is really no choice, but to toss the food in the nearest trash bin.
Then throw the the first one at the control box and hit the emergency stop button.
It doesn’t work, the Joker slipped the guy an extra 5, and he disabled the button. I quickly look around and see two other options, I throw the second one to trigger the emergency brake cord on the coaster, and despite the speed of the coaster make a perfect throw, but then I notice the cord is cut , so another wasted effort. I begin sweating a bit, not sure what option is left, then I see the power wires leading to the track and prepare to throw my last batarang, and throw it. It easily slices the line, but there is no slowing down of the coaster, I hear the Joker’s laughter, you have failed, however my last batarang continues and lands on the rail of the coaster and shorts it out. The coaster, begins to slow, I turn around and a biff pow later the Joker is unconscious on the ground and the coaster stops at the next up ramp.

8 Likes

you’re very humble, aren’t you?

lol jk jk

3 Likes

Well, I didn’t want to say by blind luck, I hit my targets, ruins the story.

4 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

4 Likes

:game_die: 3

3 Likes

I would just throw the hook onto the roller coaster and hold on and put my feeet dowwwwn? Um actually I would probably die

7 Likes

Ok Wildcard. Time is of the essence. My aim is not great, so batarangs and the Line Launcher are a no go. A rotary phone will take to long to dial, I am too easily distracted to use Aquaman’s hook, so I gotta go with the Freeze Ray. I can see where it shoots and control my aim to freeze the wheels of the coaster to the tracks just before a breakneck turn that would cause a derailment.
But now everyone is stuck high off the ground! I feel bad about stopping everybody’s ride, but I can make it up to them by creating a looping rescue slide.
As I start to make the slide, the Condiment King bursts out of a recess at the bottom of the ride bolting for the exit! I swing the Freeze Ray towards him and success! He is stuck just outside the exit right next to the hamburger stand. Cheers break out above me from the coaster.
I finish constructing the rescue slide and the passengers come down the loopty loops. Everyone loves it and a few mention to me that it was even better than the actual coaster. I decide to get myself a hamburger and garnish it with Condiment Kings precious ammo. All in all, not a bad day out at the carnival.

8 Likes

Wildcards don’t have to be chosen from the given list.

4 Likes

Nice use of the Freeze Ray! And welcome to the community!

6 Likes

Oh. That’s good to know. Thanks.

6 Likes

of course! WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY!!!

Lhz2NA7

5 Likes