Welcome back to the next episode of Tech Tuesday ! The place to live out your own heroic fantasies with some of the coolest gadgets, weapons and gear available in the DC Universe.
This week, you wanted to take your mind off of the doom and gloom of the world and you find yourself at the carnival. There’s a ton of rides and stands, duck galleries, cotton candy and hot dogs as far as the eye can see. You’re in the middle of inhaling your favorite snack, when you notice that the screams from the rollercoaster haven’t stopped after a few seconds like they normally would. You glance over and see that the rollercoaster is slowly gathering speed as it follows the track and no one is getting on or off. Maybe the engineer is asleep at the controls or maybe The Joker slipped him a $50 to take a nap. All you know is… you need to stop the ride!
We need Kelex’s assistance! Use Kelex to roll for a random number out of 6. You can do this by commenting and saying “@Kelex roll 1d6”. Our friendly resident chatbot will then give you a number out of 6. This number indicates which Gadget you’ve received based on the list of gadgets below. If you’re unsure of how the gadget works, we’ve left a short description for each gadget to help you!
Now, all you need to do is take a look at the gadget and tell us how you would use it to save the day. You can be as creative as you like. I’ll be taking the best 5 answers in a poll and sharing them with you in the next installment of Tech Tuesday
1. Batman’s Line Launcher - Launces a strong cable between point A and point B. Will definitely hold your weight! Might hold a roller coaster.
2. The HERO Dial - A handheld rotary telephone. Dial H-E-R-O for temporary hero powers!
3. Aquaman’s Hook - Controlled by your mind! Super strong and can reach skyscraper heights!
4. Batarang x3 - 3 bat-shaped throwing weapons. Super sharp, super bat-like.
5. Mr. Freeze’s Freeze Ray - Capable of producing ice at the pull of a trigger!
6. WILDCARD - You get to choose your own gadget!