Tech Tuesday: The Carnival. Which DC Universe Gadget Will Save You?

Welcome back to the next episode of Tech Tuesday ! The place to live out your own heroic fantasies with some of the coolest gadgets, weapons and gear available in the DC Universe.

The Setup

This week, you wanted to take your mind off of the doom and gloom of the world and you find yourself at the carnival. There’s a ton of rides and stands, duck galleries, cotton candy and hot dogs as far as the eye can see. You’re in the middle of inhaling your favorite snack, when you notice that the screams from the rollercoaster haven’t stopped after a few seconds like they normally would. You glance over and see that the rollercoaster is slowly gathering speed as it follows the track and no one is getting on or off. Maybe the engineer is asleep at the controls or maybe The Joker slipped him a $50 to take a nap. All you know is… you need to stop the ride!

How It Works

We need Kelex’s assistance! Use Kelex to roll for a random number out of 6. You can do this by commenting and saying “@Kelex roll 1d6”. Our friendly resident chatbot will then give you a number out of 6. This number indicates which Gadget you’ve received based on the list of gadgets below. If you’re unsure of how the gadget works, we’ve left a short description for each gadget to help you!

Now, all you need to do is take a look at the gadget and tell us how you would use it to save the day. You can be as creative as you like. I’ll be taking the best 5 answers in a poll and sharing them with you in the next installment of Tech Tuesday :slight_smile:

Gadgets Details

1. Batman’s Line Launcher - Launces a strong cable between point A and point B. Will definitely hold your weight! Might hold a roller coaster.

2. The HERO Dial - A handheld rotary telephone. Dial H-E-R-O for temporary hero powers!

3. Aquaman’s Hook - Controlled by your mind! Super strong and can reach skyscraper heights!

4. Batarang x3 - 3 bat-shaped throwing weapons. Super sharp, super bat-like.

5. Mr. Freeze’s Freeze Ray - Capable of producing ice at the pull of a trigger!

6. WILDCARD - You get to choose your own gadget!

7 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 6

4 Likes

Wild Card - The Atom’s Bio-Belt

I would shrink myself down as much as possible. Then, I would enhance my strength, and uproot the track slightly more every inch, causing more friction between the cart and the track, stopping the cart. Then, I would slip under the door of a bank vault, collect $5 million, give $100k to the owner of the park for the repairs, keep $4.5 million for myself, and give the rest to my friends on the DC Community!

YAY!

4 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 4

2 Likes

Seeing the guy was asleep at a switch, I’ve toss three Batarang at the guy to wake him up, he woke up with a bit of a headache and stop the Rollercoaster in Time!
The End…

Hey @Alec.Holland what did you think of my last new story for the blizzard story? Hope you like it, it’s right at the end of the thread.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 5

3 Likes

Mr Freeze’s Freeze Ray

I’d freeze the gears of wheels of the track slowly so no one is hurt. Once the cart (coaster?) is frozen in place I will create ice slides for people to slide down safely in a cool fun way.

6 Likes

@kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 6

3 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 2

2 Likes

(Continuing story from Blizzard)
After spending couple of nights at Bate’s Motel and having couple of scary adventures, I’ve decided to go to a carnival for fun,
Aw the joy of rides and happiness, went on Slingshot, ferris wheel, and train ride.
As I was about to order fresh BBQ pork sandwich with fries, I’d heard a scream on a Rollercoaster, there were scream for help! I pull out my cell phone and Dial H for hero, and got the power of Super strength! I soon ran in front of the Rollercoaster and pushing on the car back hard to stop it!
And soon it stop and thankfully everybody, is ok. I check on the ride operator, he was not breathing, I gently lay him on the ground to perform CPR on him, pressing his chest while singing ‘staying alive’ as a rhythm.
Soon the ambulance came and the man was breathing again. The poor guy had a heart attack.
Seeing that people wanted to thank me, I’ve decided to journey on. I did what needed to be done.
Who knows what the future may brings…
The End.

(Elsewhere)
Icicle turn on the TV and see Reaganfan78 on TV for saving a man’s life. A phone ring, Icicle answer, “Yeah I’m watching, Who knows where he’ll be next, and when we do, we’ll be ready.” And Icicle pick up his ice gun and froze the TV!

6 Likes

(I’m going to update this at some point so it’s more creative)

Wild Card!!! I choose my grappling hook

I went on a double date with Selina, Clark, and Lois once to a carnival…it was a surprising amount of fun

I quickly change into my suit…then use the grappling hook to catch up to the car…then hook on end to the car and the other end to the track so it forces it to stop

5 Likes

It’s CPR, not CBR :joy:

3 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 4

2 Likes

LOL! I wasn’t sure, Thanks, I’ll fix it!

4 Likes