:superman: Superman & Lois Season 3 Discussion Thread :superman:

CW still not making a decision on this or Gotham Knights.

3 Likes

Maybe they’re waiting until the full season ratings come out for BOTH shows to make a decision. Don’t want to cut a higher rater show in favor of a lower rated show. Or vice versa.

2 Likes

I think it’s a given that they’re going to put Gotham Knights on the chopping block

3 Likes

Superman & Lois probably has a higher cost per episode and they may care about that. They may also be using all of this to argue and negotiate more favorable rates with WB Television Studios and Berlanti over the costs of the licensing of the shows for broadcast. Because S&L is clearly the higher rated show which makes a decision easy.

@TheMidnightGhost I don’t think so, necessarily. It would be cheap to continue.

2 Likes

S3 E9

Hug. It. Out.

I’ll keep this short and spoiler-free.

I don’t believe a man can fly. Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch would not be my first casting choices for Superman & Lois, respectively. But darn it all to heck, they sell this show. It hits me in the feels every time.

The whole cast sells the emotional beats perfectly.

Great episode. Good show.

2 Likes

Loved the episode. It’s weird seeing John Henry going this route, especially with what happened with Miller.

Loved the flashbacks at the Planet and the limo ride. That ending was amazing.

2 Likes

E9

Great episode.

The kids help nat with Mateo. They work things out. And so do the Kent brothers. Nice group hug.

John is not taking Manheim well. Going darker and aggressive. Pushing people. The fear of loss has a hood on him I think. Hopefully he can come back from it.

Clark and Lois have nice flashback scenes. While he deals with Bruno and John lip deals with her surgery. Nice stuff there and a very sweet ending.

What’s Bruno doing with Bizarro? What’s John’s next move? What’s Clark’s? All this and more Same :superman:uper Time Same :superman:uper Channel

1 Like

E10

Crazy episode

The kids go to the party and push Clark away. Jon gets to see Candice. Sara and Jordan fight. And then the crash.

Lana dealing with the terrible Governor. Feel bad for Lana there.

Lois tries to connect with pea and get the truth. So close but Bruno always a step ahead and now Mateo is involved.

Also Kyle thought it was Jon the finds out.

How will Kyle react? What’s Mannheim’s next move? What’s next for our heroes? All this and more Same :superman:uper Time Same :superman:uper Channel

1 Like

This my first time chiming in here, so I’ll try to avoid what I imagine has already been said by everybody else. Still not a big fan of the 5 O’clock shadow. That just strikes me as wrong on too many levels. But, personal feelings aside on that issue, with everything else going on, nothing has been as well handled as Lois’ Cancer.

I’ve experienced that kind of loss, more than once in my family. Most recently a first cousin, who passed last month. I suspect that some of the show writers are likewise no strangers to the big “C” that’s always been with us. Other characters have experienced sickness and death on television before. For as long as there have been Doctor shows, anyway. But I can’t say that I’ve ever really had any long term feelings about them. They’re great melodrama for the most part. But not my cup of tea.

Only one other character on TV (that I can recall), has moved me like the Kent family drama playing out for us every Tuesday night. That was on Battlestar Galactica 2.0. It ran from 2004 -'09. I’d stack #6 up against 7 of 9, any day. Light years ahead of the original on so many levels, I couldn’t help but fall in love with it. And eventually, come to morn the loss of a major character who passes from Cancer.I won’t reveal that here, for any of you out there who might want to check it out. It’s a great series and I recommend it. Sorry, got a little sidetracked there.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll repeat it here. This show feels like a followup to Lois & Clark, in their later years. Now, with kids and a relocation to Smallville, and more grounded story telling. I think this is the best live-action Superman on television, I’ve ever seen. And I don’t say that lightly. If they can keep up the overall quality of the show (I mean, this whole Bruno Mannheim thing, who ever saw that coming?), they’ll continue to rate high praise from fans and critics alike! 'Nuff Said!

3 Likes

I just wanted to say I’m really sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

Thank you. The only real solace for me, that comes from such loss, is knowing that a loved one has moved on from the pain and suffering tied to the physical world, to a better place, without it.

2 Likes

I’m sorry for loss.
Wishing you and your family the best.

3 Likes

S3 E10

I tried to post this last night but, for reasons beyond my ability to fathom, I couldn’t get the “blur spoilers” thing to work on my tablet.

This was a decent episode and certainly sets us up for E11.

I loved Chrissy going to bat for Lana. Nice moment in a difficult relationship.

I totally saw Peia’s recovery coming. Chekov’s cufflink anyone?

Jon’s behavior was surprisingly mature.

I’m looking forward to whatever comes next.

1 Like

E11

Crazy episode.

A fun celebration then to surgery.

Jordan and Sarah still upset with each other. Then Jordan gets a new power. Nice brother moment there.

Sarah is dealing with a lot. Nice moments at the diner with Kyle and Lana. And Kyle patches it up with Crissy.

Supes deal with pea. And he gives her someone to be with in the end. Sad stuff there. Looks like Bruno is ready to turn him self in for Mateo. Looks like he may be staying with the irons.

Then the end Bizarro is up with something strange going on.

What’s with Bizzaro? What about Lex? Will things be okay with Sarah? All this and more Same :superman:uper Time Same :superman:uper Channel.

3 Likes

S3 E11

Gosh darn this show. Gosh darn it to heck.

This season has been a ride and this may have been its Supermanliest episode. There may have been some big action moments but really it’s about people caring for one another.

And in the end, it’s not superpowers but kindness and compassion that win the day.

Of all the stuff that went on in this episode it was John Henry and Mannheim coming to terms with each other that was the best.

3 Likes

That scene where Jonathan tries to calm down Jordan was amazing. And I love the look Clark gives when he sees that. He doesn’t always get the credit he deserves from his parents or brother, but when push comes to shove, he’s always there for his family. I really hope by the end of the season he gets some recognition from his family.

3 Likes

Yes! That was a great moment between the two of them. Despite their differences, he still wants to help because he knows what that kind of loss is.

I love what they did with Mannheim this season. He could’ve easily been a generic crime boss, but you see why he did the things he did. Seeing him at his most vulnerable shows just how good Chad Coleman is.

3 Likes

There were clear echoes of the scene in Man of Steel where
Clark freaked out in elementary school and Ma Kent calmed him down.

2 Likes

I’m a fan of Tyler even before this take, he comes across as engaging with fans and interested in doing the other work besides the ‘actual’ acting that comes when you take on genre roles, he’s apparently very friendly and accessible at convention appearances, although he’s had the opportunity for that since surprisingly the Teen Wolf fandom apparently had a lot of convention appearance. Who knew teen girls were willing to spend their money like this? But that digression aside, even I would agree that I’m not a fan of a unshaven Clark. But I’d say that about any man; it’s become very common; I had lunch today and I sat at the bar, but the waiter who was nearest me was a young guy, probably early 30s, maybe very late 20s, who had a beard but we’re not talking a Roy Kent or the Punished Steve Roger’s beard, we’re talking something that look like a growth on his chin and lower face. And this was a chain casual restaurant. It’s just become common.

Tyler got away with not shaving on Teen Wolf, where it sorta made sense, even though he was clean shaven in the pilot and he’s done a few films where he was clean shaven by and large, but the filming of Superman & Lois apparently isn’t always convenient and once they let it slide the first time, on camera, it became readily easy to allow going forward. I’m a man. I hate shaving. It’s a waste of time, frankly. So I understand it.

Wrong is not the word I would use but I understand and respect this sentiments. It does, however, infuriate me that people use this to feed their racism when they inaccurately call Tyler a slur of, in their angry delusional thoughts, who reside south of the border of the USA.

Also, I agree, sorry for your loss, I know from losing a partner early in a relationship, and losing my older brother when I was still a kid, that those are loses that shape you - even when you are an adult.

I actually am not caught up on a bunch of this season, so I won’t make any specific comments. I did catch small bits of the show since I was letting it play from the CW application so that it would get measured for when Nextstars gets off their collective duffs and makes a decision.

I do have to add that the recent release of industry news that there is more social engagement on Gotham Knights doesn’t bode well, if the DISCO suits people do make the choice that if Nexstar doesn’t want to license Superman & Lois and no other broadcast or streamer readily wants to license it, that they have no interest in paying to keep it on for another season. Even though this news (on Gotham Knights) is based on nonsense factors like social media rankings (meaning how much people are screaming about it, even on new twitter, and the like, versus actual ratings, streams, reviews, etc.), this is actually something studios and license-holders (cable/broadcast/streaming networks) do take into account. It’s why some shows do manage, very rarely, to come back from cancellations.

2 Likes

Just came on-line and saw your response to my earlier post. Thanks for the condolences. Close to home losses, just make you realize the necessity to try and make the most of every day, with those you care about. Life doesn’t come with an expiration date, like a carton of milk. And too many of us living in comfort, forget that.

I have no social network beyond this site (which has excellent Mods), where I interact with others on subject matter of interest. The wild west of anonymous snipers that exist on many other sites (with to few guard rails) is not for me. Life’s to short to waste the time and energy engaging in the negative back 'n forth that some people live for. Especially those with racist, sexist, religious and homophobic beliefs, who look for echo chambers to prop themselves up.

Because of that, I’m totally unaware of any negativity Tyler is dealing with from these on-line trolls you speak of. An unfortunate circumstance that almost every celebrity faces at one time or another, by those jealous of their success. I’m sure he’s strong enough to weather any criticisms coming at him. If he takes nothing else away from playing Superman, let’s all hope it’s a degree of invulnerability from on-line trolls!

Take care, stay safe, be well.

2 Likes