:superman: Superman & Lois Season 3 Discussion Thread :superman:

News about Superman & Lois:

The CW Sets Season Finale Dates for Superman & Lois and All American

6 Likes

E6

Great episode

Rusty working hard helps the Kushing’s. Kyle gets caught but seems to want to be better. Nice moment with Crissy. John has a nice moment with the sister.

Jordan working out heroing. Cool seeing atomic skull again. But helps Supes seems to be immune ish to kryptonite.

Supes cool fight and deal with his fear of being powerless. Sad but nice scene too. And I knew she was onimontaphea. Seems like Bruno’s plan revealed.

What’s next for the team? Will Lana and Kyle work it out? What will happen with Bruno and Onomontaphea? All this and more Same :superman:uper Time Same :superman:uper Channel

4 Likes

S3 E6

Overall good episode. The big reveal at the end…I should have seen it coming.

But this episode brings into focus something I’ve thought for a long time. Superman & Lois has a Sophie problem.

You know, Sophie? Sarah’s little sister? She exists, sometimes. She is rarely given much to do and only seems to be brought onstage when she is needed to advance the plot. Otherwise she is rarely seen.

She is something like Joe and Cecille’s baby on The Flash. A character who is ignored most of the time but occasionally trotted out as a storytelling convenience.

It’s no wonder Sophie ran away

If I were in the S & L writer’s room, I would pitch a Sophie-centric story. She finds a mysterious glowing rock. (There are, after all, lots of mysterious glowing rocks in Supes’ World). She picks it up. The glow from the rock passes into her body. Sophie vanishes. The rock falls to the ground, no longer glowing.

The rock has granted Sophie the powers of invisibility and incorporality. Gradually, she learns to master her new powers and becomes the useful, youngest member of Team Supes.

It’s probably a good thing I’m not in the writer’s room.

3 Likes

E6, good episode! I should’ve seen the ending coming, wow just wow. They could do something more with Sophie, like her finding out Clark is Superman, idk, but overall a really good episode! :+1:

4 Likes

I love the show, been following it all along.

The highlights for me were last season with the Bizarro Superman story with that incredible music.

While I’m extremely tired of seeing our Superman pummeled by mere ray guns and Kryptonite daggers, which you would never see in the comics, I would love to see Bizarro Superman really brought back to life accidentally by the villain, have a great battle with Superman that would be worth the wait, and have him go back to his world, sanity restored.

3 Likes

Amazing episode! I think we all kind of saw the reveal coming but it didn’t make it any less impactful.

Plus, I love what they did with Sophie. The poor girl hasn’t been in the show much and having her feel abandoned works on two fronts. I love how Jonathan saw what she was going through and connected with her, letting her know her family loves her. Even when he does something that heroic, the poor guy still can’t catch a break at home.

4 Likes

I just caught up.

I’m fascinated by all the comments about people saying they saw the reveal coming. But I did not see it coming until right before it was shown. It was very well done.

I liked the Sophie storyline. It’s nice that they give that actress some screen time. I just assume she is usually babysitting Jenna from The Flash. Since neither of them are ever on screen.

Everything with Lois continues to make me emotional, and it is just so well done. I am so interested to so how this will continue.

2 Likes

Another good episode, I said to myself half way through that the kid who’s smitten with Nat is Bruno’s kid and when the reveal happens I was like nailed it. Also is it just me or is anyone else starting to get annoyed with Sarah’s behavior, the way she treats and talks to Lana, Sophie and Chrissy is really starting to make me dislike her.

2 Likes

Yes! This is exactly what I was talking about.

S3 E7 just illustrates the Sophie problem all over again. She appeared briefly in an early scene but didn’t have a line of dialogue. Later, when Lana and Sarah run out to set off fireworks where is she?

Overall, though, nice character beats per usual. The “reveal” at the end was a little overwrought, especially considering a similar plot point last week. But good stuff overall.

I like that Mannheim is given relatable, human motivations. I like that Clark is powerless in the face of Lois’s illness.

1 Like

E7

Great episode

Sarah dealing with her dads new girlfriend. But her and Chrissy work it out nice. Lana dealing with the same and seems to be going well with some fireworks.

Steel dealing with being a dad but seems to work it out for now. But knew Mateo was Bruno’s kid. Wonder how that will play out :thinking:.

Clark and Lois learn the big secret. Things are complex for Bruno’s plan. Nice moments though. And the kids with the potential end too. Nice stuff all around.

What’s next for Bruno’s plans? Will Lois beat this? What’s next for our heroes? All this and more Same :superman:uper Time Same :superman:uper Channel

1 Like

Episodes like this (7) exemplifies the shows greatest strengths in character work. Was engaged with every bit of it!

1 Like

Deleted scene of Sophie watching Lana and Sarah at the end

3 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

I actually started watching Superman and Lois which season is better

1 Like

In my not very humble and egotistical opinion, Season 1 started strong but had trouble finding its footing—probably because of covid.

Season 2 was weird, confusing and convoluted, but ended strong.

Season 3 has been great so far. The characters are well-established and the plot has been compelling.

It’s a good show, CW’s best DC property. Enjoy!

1 Like

Another great episode tonight with a lot to talk about later, but I’d kick myself if I didn’t mention the AWESOME use of “Lovesong” by The Cure in the closing moments. I’m gonna have that stuck in my head for weeks.

3 Likes

S3 E8

Darn this show to heck! This episode rocked hard. And I don’t just mean the soundtrack which was great.

I mean Superman being the Supermannest rushing Peia (sp?) to the hospital and the whole Romeo and Juliet thing.

Sublplots with Jon, Jordan, Lois, Lana & Sarah, Sam were all on point. Crissy provided some comic relief. The Luthor stuff and the last scene were intriguing. Where will this all go?

Best episode since S1 E1. Almost perfect.

No scratch that. Perfect. From the opening montage to the close credits…10/10.

But of course, Sophie was MIA.

3 Likes

E8

Awesome™:+1: episode

Lana dealing with some loneliness. Has a nice chat with Sam. Sam’s date though has me curious. Is she a Superman villain, hero, Lois mom. Don’t think they’d make her just an everyday person but they could with his twist this show can be :sweat_smile:.

Jon gets his promotion but all come crashing down with Jordan. They hash it out but seem to make up but now Kyle is in to Jordan :thinking:.

Supes and Crissy continue the investigation. Lois pops back in. Then it’s revealed Lex is innocent. The Steel in trouble with the date. It all goes sideways but he helps her and cares but Jon doesn’t so much. Wonder what could happen there :thinking:.

Will Peia make it? Will Lex go free? What’s Bruno’s next move? All this and more Same :superman:uper Time Same :superman:uper Channel

4 Likes

Another great episode. Favorite bits:

• Jon on his journey to become his own everyday hero.
  • Clark saving Peia. That moment with Bruno was something.
  • Clark being an investigative reporter and working with Lois.
  • The faceoff between Bruno and John at the restaurant.
  • The score. Release the soundtrack already!

Need to see:
More Superman in action.

3 Likes

I agree on the soundtrack. They released the first season, but I’m hoping we get the scores for seasons two and three soon.

2 Likes