:superman: Superman & Lois Season 3 Discussion Thread :superman:

Thank you, as well.

I don’t think this was a particular concern as far as being a public figure; it’s part and parcel of an on-line effort that you can see amongst comic and genre fandom about diversity and inclusion, and these types of attacks are made off social networks as well (You Tube is full of them, unless you consider YT a social network?) and they include the beliefs you mentioned - and were directed at, for example, Natalie Portman for the most recent Thor movie, even if any previous complaints might have been about, let’s say chemistry with her love interest, her looks, or just her acting, as to the previous Thor films she was in. Sadly, some actors are aware of this crap, but I suspect most of them are not.

I’m also aware, and it would be pretty evident to anyone, that Tyler gets a lot of praise specifically for his portrayal as both Clark and Superman, and I’m sure that extends to the number of in-person appearances he makes.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m aware, generally speaking, of the trollish behavior, you speak of. Word gets out through other mediums. And fans (or fanatics) depending on how deeply down the “rabbit hole” one tends to go, can easily wind up seeing only that which supports their own views on things, or people. Comic fans are no different.

Ben Franklin, when asked by a woman in 1787, on the last day of the Constitutional Convention being held in Philadelphia, Pa. " Well Dr. Franklin, what have we got, a monarchy or a republic?" To which he responded, " A Republic, if you can keep it." Seems to me right now, the stresses and strains on that Republic haven’t been tested like this, since the Civil War of 1861. We’re still a young country (relatively speaking) who also happen to have the power to destroy the world. I don’t know how Franklin would respond to the world we live in. But maybe, as Teddy Roosevelt once said, “speak softly, but carry a big stick.” Franklin might’ve added " and tread, carefully."

2 Likes

it’s back for Season Four!

it’s only 10 episodes and there will be budget cuts and some cast members will leave, but it’s a fourth season

6 Likes

YES!!! I was so stoked to see this. I’ll take ten episodes and a reduced budget to wrap things up. I’ll gladly take four quality seasons. That’s about the same as The Adventures of Superboy and Lois &Clark: The New Adventures of Superboy had. And with this season ending on a cliffhanger, knowing it’s not the end is wonderful, wonderful news!

4 Likes

Yay!

6 Likes

This is what drew me to S&L in the first place! I feel like S2 and S3 drifted from that and that’s why I still think S1 is my favorite season.

3 Likes

I hope we get more Lex next season. If the budget is gonna come down a little, he’d be the best choice for a season-long villain.

3 Likes

Awesome™:+1: news hopefully they can use it to wrap things up. Even though it doesn’t say final season I have strong feeling it will be but who knows. In the end great to see it continue.

2 Likes

Shorter season, tighter budget, smaller cast. Oh yeah, lotta’ support there. Still in all, they could’ve just given it the axe. So, a 4th season in and of-it-self, is a bit of a miracle. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

back to 1950s special effects we go!

3 Likes

Good news, indeed!

1 Like

Could be worse!

1 Like

CW bean counters going “Oh yeah, that’s the stuff!”

2 Likes

UPDATE

We’re trading everyone for Lex

4 Likes

That’s a lot of weight for one actor to carry on their shoulders. I sure hope his storyline is worth it. Hopefully, some of the others will still put in appearances, as warranted. I know we’d all like the show to go out strong. Just like Stargirl!

3 Likes

I hope the actors can still be on the show as a guest star or recurring.

If S&L wants to go back to being a family drama first and foremost, a smaller cast is better and more focused. Ideally, core family and friends as main characters plus a small number of supporting characters.

3 Likes

I think they can move back to Metropolis, at least part time. The only cast I would really miss would be the Irons and they don’t need to be in most of the episodes.

2 Likes

Whoa!

Really hoped the Irons wouldn’t of been the cut cast.

Must be bittersweet for the actors left not being able to (potentially wrap up the show) without the family they’ve build on set the past couple years.

Still looking forward to the 4th season just really curious at what we’ll get now. Like others said this could lead to a more focused show on the Kents. Admmitedly, there are times that I stare at my phone during certain scenes now :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Clark: Jordan I want you to go upstairs and read Invincible #13. Then think again if you want to try me.

OZ Lex does have a sense of humor, sort of. I think this version will do just fine.

Prediction for Season 4: Jordan is Lex’s Plan B

6 Likes

Fantastic episode. Without spoilers, this version of Lex is really good, loved the porch scene and I wanna smack Jordan.

That is all lol

6 Likes