:superman: Superman & Lois Season 3 Discussion Thread :superman:

Loved the episode! I gotta give kudos to the scene with John and his “sister”. The emotion there was amazing. Sure, it’s not her brother as he’s dead but imagine seeing someone who looks exactly like him and the memories that brings.

Good on Kyle trying to be the mediator, not taking sides. The Cushing family continues to grow.

Once I saw the goggles, I knew where they were going with Jordan and that was cool. And Jonathan has his girlfriend living in the house.

Lois will not let her illness define her.

But THE scene for me was Clark’s “HE’S not going!” I clapped cause hell yes, Clark!!

4 Likes

If scumbag comes back, Clark needs to go Golden Age on him and run along the powerlines.

As for this

Like much of that movie it debuted in the comic series Superman: American Alien.

3 Likes

Ok thanks

3 Likes

E4

Awesome™:+1: episode

Irons finds out and goes to meet his sis. Nice scene between the and a classic DC wonder Twins reference. Great stuff with Manhiem. Then he’s saves her. Nice stuff.

The Lang’s deal with the incident of last episode. Kyle being a good mediator and seem the family grows stronger. Nice.

Jordan deals with his identity with Sam. Clashes at first but nice stuff at the end and now a suit. Cool.

Supes and Lois trying to have a rest day then Jon gets hit. Lios not letting cancer stop her is great and Supes at the end even better. Nice stuff taking in Candice for a bit. And now they have a plan but Bruno always ahead.

Other thoughts I think Candice may have took the truck in an attempt to help the way could definitely be wrong but have a feeling there’s more or the story :thinking:. Also that Irons sister may be onomatopoeia. I know she was in trouble but I think they may have need something from irons and the bomb was the only way :thinking:.

Will there plan work? Will Bruno stop it? How will the new living arrangements work? Same :superman:uper Time Same :superman:uper Channel

3 Likes

E4

Superman and Lois has leaned hard into the family drama. And this is a good thing!

This week’s ep put a lump in my throat more than once!

3 Likes

Kyle’s “Dang, Kent!” was chef’s kiss

4 Likes

Unrelated to discussing the actual episodes, but in case folks missed it, the most recent reporting at TV Line, which is at least somewhat reputable where linear TV season renewals are concerned, appears to be that the PTB at Nextstar are leaning towards a Season 4.

4 Likes

Saw something along those lines. Hope it happens :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I was a bit behind and I just caught up to episode 4.

This show is easily the best live action DC show ever. The balance of superhero to family life is perfect and I am invested in every single plot line. Which almost never happens.

“He’s not going!” might be my favorite line ever, followed closely by “Dang, Kent.” Just beautiful. Everything about it was beautiful. Kyle trying to protect Sarah, and maybe back up Clark, and Lana just putting an arm out to him like, “Oh, just sit down and watch.” A+ characterization.

I’m nervous about the blood and everything else but I am also fascinated by the real possibility of Connor Kent becoming a thing on this show. Clark’s blood has been synthesized and we know Lex is showing up this season. I would love to see what could happen if they went that route and tried to clone Clark, and we get Connor instead. But, that might be too much for this season, and I’m not sure how much longer this show has. :cry:

Anyway, great season so far. I can’t wait for more.

4 Likes

I wonder how close Superman & Lois is going to get to that scene from Smallville:

Lex: “It’s our son Clark” :laughing:

Pin on My Saves

3 Likes

I don’t usually cuss but I just have to say d*rn this show. D-rn it to h-ck!

Okay. Honestly, I cuss a lot. More than I should. But d-rn this show anyway for giving me all the feels. All of them.

S3 E5 made me laugh. I mean out loud. And it brought honest tears to my eyes. Sometimes both at once. Jordan and Lois’s dance was perfection—absolute perfection.

The action sequences are good but its the emotional beats that make this show for me. Kudos to the writers.

D-rn this show!

4 Likes

E5

Great episode. Had it all.

Nat dealing with Matayo (butchered that​:sweat_smile:) (also still don’t trust him) and has a nice moment with Sam. John having to make a tough choices now a a complex long distance relationship. Jordan’s reaction at the start was fun​:laughing:. Nice moment with Sam too. Wonder if he’ll find Lois’ mom on there :thinking:.

Kyle and Beppo seem more together. Fun dance seem :laughing:. And nice moments with Lana at the end. Also nice scene with Sarah and the son too.

Lois investigates whole Clark is listen. Emotional scenes. Greta stuff and the end when he brought the dance to here very sweet.

The battle with Dealine was cool. But now Bruno has Bizzaro. Interesting :thinking:.

And now the first break.

What will happen with Bizzaro’s body? Can Jon and Candice make it work? What’s next for our heroes? All this and more Same :superman:uper Time Same :superman:uper Channel

3 Likes

My favorite moments this week:

• Clark talking to the cancer patients in the hospital. There was something potent about seeing this man that can move mountains just sitting there vulnerable and taking in whatever those nice ladies have to say.
  • The fight with Deadline. I didn’t know about this villain before I watched this episode, or maybe I did & I forgot. Clark not being able to get a handle on him reminded me a bit of his encounters with Red Cloud in the comics.
  • Bruno’s talk with Lois. Chad Coleman continues to impress me. A scene stealer for sure. He’s one of those villains one hates to like.
  • The impromptu family dance at the end. Very heartwarming scene.
  • The Bizarro reveal at the end. Did not see that coming.

Overall an episode light on Superman action, but heavy on drama, but still a great one that builds on previous themes and events. Itching to see Supes let loose a little bit in coming episodes.

And a short hiatus. Hopefully we don’t have too many of those this year like we did last season.

3 Likes

Clark talking with the two patients really hit me. I’ve said before, my sister is going through chemo for the same breast cancer Lois has and this week–on Tuesday, oddly enough–I got to sit down with her and see the process first hand. My sister is handling it well, but seeing the two patients Clark was hanging out with really hit home that everyone’s experience is different. Knowing that it could come back like the one lady had, while the other lady, who was older going through it and lost her daughter to it, who is around the same age as my sister kind of freaked me out. Still, seeing them sit in the chair and go through chemo with hope made me feel better. And I love that Clark pulled up a chair to talk with both of them.

Manheim’s monologue to Lois about why he does what he does really made me feel for Bruno. He really feels like no one’s gonna help his neighborhood and community, especially with what he went through as a child with his mother’s illness. I was almost on his side…right up until that shocking final scene. I had a feeling Bizarro’s body was somewhere, as we never saw it after he died but now that Manheim and Intergang have it, things are about to get a hell of a lot more interesting!

Can Jonathan ever catch a freaking break?! This poor kid.

One thing I will totally give the writers credit for…the Lana and Sarah scene. When she saw the flask, I was thinking “Oh crap, here we go again!” On any other show they might’ve taken that route to destroy any goodwill they built up with each other and drag out their problems for another few episodes. Nope! Both mother and daughter learned from their experiences and worked through the issue.

I don’t mind the short hiatus. We’ve been lucky that we haven’t had one so far. They were so prevalent last season and it hurt the momentum.

3 Likes

I am so sorry to hear that. I hope your sister is okay and she will be in my thoughts.

5 Likes

It was a powerful scene. More powerful for you, I’m sure. For all they are worth, you have my prayers.

5 Likes

Nice episode! :+1: seriously this show is just freaking amazing, one of the bests :sparkles:

4 Likes

All I can say is that I love this show. They really know how to balance out the action, the drama, and the story.

One of my favorite parts of this episode is Clark talking to the two cancer patients. @superby1 prayers go to your sister, and the whole family

Another one is the final few minutes. Everybody coming home and having their own little dance, since Lois couldn’t make it, was really heartwarming. As each episode goes by, they’re digging a little deeper in the different areas of Lois’s cancer, and one of these days man, I can feel it’s gonna make me cry lol.

Superman & Lois is truly one of the best DCU (and just comic book shows in general) I have ever watched. Nothing feels rushed, the action isn’t too much or too little. The drama and emotion is fleshed out really well. Every comic book show needs to follow this formula

5 Likes

Thank you @TheMidnightGhost @ProfessorMustache and @Huntress_Helena for the kind words!

5 Likes

Superman & Lois is an Excellent series that should be kept on air as long as Possible! Doing Great! I love it! Greatest Celebration of 85 years!

4 Likes