Supergirl Ending With Season Six 😭

she is also having a baby! :white_heart: :purple_heart: :black_heart:

6 Likes

Not surprising SG is ending, all of the shows that air on Netflix will probably end in the next few years. It makes no sense to produce shows that you can’t air on HBO Max

1 Like

I thought it was a weird day to do it :smile:

2 Likes

Another point I don’t see mentioned here is that Melissa’s contract is expiring and that’s likely true for the remaining original cast, so reuppimg these actors may have been more expensive. Add to that the time and energy it takes to headline a show like this. Listen to a Stephen Amell interview when he was finished or that Ruby Rose walked away after a year.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to see Supergirl go. It’s not my favourite Arrowverse show, but I think it had more left in the tank than The Flash. I’d like to see CW renew Green Arrow & The Canaries to take its place so we still have a series with a female lead and perspective.

3 Likes

It’s very rare to see shows ended with 6 season, I think ‘I Love Lucy’ was the first to do that. Best of luck to the cast!

4 Likes

Smart then cw would have 3 shows going to hbo max batwoman superman if green arrow and canaries get picked up

1 Like

We still have Batwoman, Stargirl and Legends with female leads.

Re Green Arrow and the Canaries, I liked the Mia Smoak character, but the storyline set in 2040 wasn’t doing it for me.

A live action Batman Beyond would be awesome. And maybe Swamp Thing will draw enough fans on the CW to be extended (I wish).

You know, there’s only so many hours in the day to watch this stuff. We’re not exactly starving for DC programming. Fans used to think seeing Batman twice a week, George Reeves’ Superman weekday afternoons, and DC cartoons on Saturday mornings in 1966 were the “good times”.

1 Like

The flashforwards the last two seasons killed the momentum of the show. Whenever the story was getting good, we had to take a break from it to spend time in the future.

I think the most aggravating thing about it was how obvious they were trying to set up a spin off. Now, mind you, having a spin off isn’t bad. But from day one this didn’t feel organic; it felt so engineered. Even a majority of Arrow’s last episode was set up for the potential spin off.

There’s nothing wrong with the idea of Green Arrow and the Canaries…it all boils down to the execution and for me, it just wasn’t good.

3 Likes

I agree that the flash forward scenes were overly contrived in addition to being overdone. Maybe they thought it would work as well as the 5 years of Oliver’s flashbacks at the beginning of Arrow. But Oliver’s journey from the Queen’s Gambit was a much more interesting tapestry of experiences.

2 Likes

I would imagine SG characters would make Many cameo’s in Superman and Lois and at least SG herself once or twice a season if Melissa Herself is up for it. The SG series may be ending BUUUTTTT it’s not the end of SG in the Arrowverse!

3 Likes

Same. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Legends is FUN, and occasionally hilarious. I miss the show it used to be when they fought Vandal Savage. But I love how they don’t take themselves seriously while they battle evildoers from different eras and genres.

The ensemble cast allows for characters to added and dropped, and this may be how they can stay in production with declining ratings. There’s also very little of that expensive super powered action now.

All that said, I won’t be surprised if Legends ends this season or next, when the CW comes up with a more promising replacement series.

4 Likes

I don’t EVER want legends to end! :joy:… I like having at least 1 live action show set in that universe that’s pure Bonkers with a wide ranged cast! Stargirl is also a lot more loose but Legends is just to much fun for me to not have.

7 Likes

Yeah, Legends was more fun when it was carefully-laid plans instantly devolving into Firestorm Atom freeze ray heat gun chaos, interspersed with Dr. Who and BTTF references. It’s still chaotic and fun, but it’s not quite the same type of chaos.

2 Likes

I wasn’t sold on the idea of a future-set show based on the flash forwards, but bringing those characters into the present really made me like them and the back door pilot won me over. That’s why I’m still hoping the show gets picked up.

4 Likes

Once it became apparent what they were trying to do in pushing a spin-off and the fact they took up valuable time in the final season, I wasn’t on board for Green Arrow and the Canaries at all. Funny enough, I started gaining some interest with the backdoor pilot…and then the final episode happened.

I’m still open to the idea of a spin off but my interest for it and the characters has long since vanished. It doesn’t help that even pre-pandemic, the CW didn’t rush it into production.

There is some hope, though:

1. If they’re truly committed to the idea of Green Arrow and the Canaries, they’ll find a way to get it done. It’s not an effects-heavy show, so it’s entirely possible.

2. The cast still seems interested in doing it. If schedules line up, that’s an excellent sign.

3. With some time and distance with the pandemic, the writers have a chance to look at what worked, what didn’t work and try to give us the best presentation possible.

If it does end up happening, I’ll be more than happy to give it a try.

3 Likes

In the show’s (kind of mean) “defense,” after the first or second season, that was true of the flashbacks, too. It quickly became “would you like to see exactly the same situation, but at a different time?” If the flash-forwards were about the kids dealing with the consequences of Oliver’s actions (like the first season used them to show Oliver’s motivation), it would’ve been better…well, at least from the perspective of Arrow. As an ongoing backdoor pilot, it’s less good, but we didn’t know that’s where it was heading…

1 Like

It def. has started evolving into something more and more different each season. It always (for the most part) ESPECIALLY now embraced the weirdness/comedy. I’ll keep with it until it gets lazy uninspired and less entertaining! :joy:

1 Like

Six Seasons and a Movie???

6 Likes