Supergirl Ending With Season Six 😭

I’m Down! :+1::clap:

1 Like

If anyone is jonesing for some Supergirl content, Mike Maihack is doing Superbat for inktober.

3 Likes

The 1st 3 seasons of this show was great, but starting with season 4 it went downhill. 6 seasons is a good run for any show.
To tell the truth, the whole arrowverse is getting stale to me. The stories seem to be repeating themselves.

1 Like

Funny, I think season 4 is the best one they’ve done.

Six seasons is a pretty good run for a live action superhero show. Arrow did a lot to end on a quality note, and allow for the Arrow-verse to continue. I’m concerned with Supergirl and the Batwoman change that we may have more reactive writing that doesn’t allow for a clean continuity, going forward, but we’ll see how they wrap it up. If the character isn’t going to be a feature of the Arrowverse any longer, they’ll need to have a very good explanation for it, but I can’t see them killing off Supergirl, Martian Manhunter, and Dreamer, among others, so we’ll see how it goes.

Maybe they’ll all end up returning to the future with Brainiac 5 and Winn, and that’s how they’ll be written out of the setting?

Beating up others was something missing for much of the show. The Med did. But Super-girl nope.

I like how they had those small but noticeable comic references in every episode. It wasn’t much but going back and noticing them now is really neat. I like how they adapted characters like Rick Malverne and Dreamer is amazing. I think there should be more comics for Supergirl in the future, but I wouldn’t say there is none now. Her first suit looked like the one from the 1996 series and a couple characters from there appeared as well! We had villains we’ve seen a couple times in the comics like Silver Banshee and the worldkillers and the story with Red Daughter reminded me more of the first couple issues of the 2005 series with her evil darker side/clone thing that Lex Luthor brought out. I definitely see the similarities to Red Son too though.

I think it would be pretty neat to have that dynamic between Supergirl and Stargirl, even though there are some versions of the character who are older. Maybe we could get some 15 year old crash-landing on earth 2, who knows!

I’m really sad to see the show ending because there is a lot of other storylines to go off of and things to explore. I feel like this was one of the better Arrowverse shows, at least for me :slight_smile:

5 Likes

(Don’t mind me, just stopping in to give you a warm welcome to the community! Hope to see you around :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

Welcome to DCUI @gracebryce. :grinning: :+1:

3 Likes

ALL of the arrow verse shows will end in the next couple of years, as they go straight to Netflix at the end of their seasons. The CW will be replacing them all with shows that go to HBO Max, it’s a simple business decision, and not based on the quality of a given show. Legends will probably be the next to go as Heat Wave has announced season 7 is his last.

2 Likes

Once TV series that premiered prior to the dissolution of The CW’s deal with Netflix stop broadcasting new episodes, Netflix loses the rights to exclusively stream them and WarnerMedia is free to move them to other platforms, so Netflix exclusivity being a factor in the longevity of said series is only a factor if you believe that WarnerMedia can make more profit with said series being streamed on platforms other than Netflix.

2 Likes

The Netflix deal was rumored to be a billion dollar deal, so yes I expect Warner can make more money leaving those shows on Netflix and producing shows intended to end up on HBO Max

2 Likes

If the Netflix deal were that profitable, The CW wouldn’t have chosen to end it.

1 Like
4 Likes

I’ve stated in the recent episode posts that I really hope this season/show can go out with a bang. With the recent time travel episode, we got that fun element that’s been missing lately. And that’s what I want this show to go back to…being fun. Because if you’re going to have a final season, make it memorable.

4 Likes

While I’ve mostly enjoyed Supergirl’s run on the CW, I’d rather see shows featuring other major DC characters as opposed to spinning off anything from Supergirl. I do hope we get to see the Supergirl, J’onn J’onzz or Lex Luthor from this show again, in guest appearances on the other Arrowverse shows.

2 Likes

I would have loved a Midvale show.

Ideally the Supergirl show should have been evolving her age through the seasons and switching actresses and places.

Season 1-2 should have been Krypton
Season 3-4 should have been the orphanage years.
Season 5-6 Midvale.
Season 7-8 Stanhope
Season 9-10 National City
Season 11-12 Legion of Superheroes

This would have kept the show fresh and made use of her rich history.

4 Likes

This would have been a great idea! :bulb:

2 Likes