Superboy (Conner Kent/Kon-El) Appreciation Thread

5 Likes

So where are these from?

2 Likes

The 3 are variant covers for the 2nd issue of superboy man of tomorrow,and the 2 are covers to thst same months action comics issue.

It’s great seeing kon covers where it looks like fun for us fans,just from the covers.

4 Likes

Wasn’t really happy with the way Conner was used last week in titans together,and not happy with this week’s action comics either. He is used as the ultimate backup character,or the one the villain beats down.rather him be on one panel in a whole issue looking good and being awesome,than a lot of panels throughout issues or whole storylines doing nothing,but looking bad ugh

1 Like

That’s all they ever do with him when he’s not in his own book. It’s honestly ridiculous at this point. I think his last team up with the Legion was legitimately the last and only time he didn’t get done dirty outside of his own book.

3 Likes

Which was the last Legion team up you talking about?

More reason thst we need to support the round robin mini,and hope that leads to a full series

1 Like

The one that took place during his run with the Titans. Wound up throwing hands with a young Darkseid.

2 Likes

Oh yeah got pulled.to the future,while on a date with wonder girl,then next time they saw him he was wearing Clark’s hand me downs and even had his haircut.
He used his TTK for a second in the crossover too.
Led right into titans of tomorrow to meet his older (more powerful and evil) version of himself

2 Likes

I see it looks like you ended up buying this? Am still debating if I want to spend the money - I really loathe those stupid spikes and I’m glad they’ve been removed when they ported him over into Titans and the other mainline books outside Wonder Comics. What I would really like would be the white solar suit YJ figure, but those remain vastly overpriced.

krypto lick
And yeah, while I am still a big fan of Newton’s portrayal from the 1980s series, that show’s otherwise got a number of problems such that Joshua (and Krypto) are easily best boy(s) as far as Superboy in either live action or animation.

1 Like

You and me both, pal. I only really pay attention to the SB episodes but will likely end up having to watch this entire season.

@werewolfofdarkness He’s really very much a casual thing - and that’s only going gotten bigger because of the fact that the DC webtoons animation focused so much on him, especially having him become, contrary to canon, a ‘Wayne.’ Which I am sure irritates all the Harper and Cullen stans to no end!

Fun Flash Fact: Kon-El was just a way for a lazy writer to tar our lad with the KLONE label in perpetuity.

Blame Cereal Lord for Conner sticking, but I do like it. Also, good job on posting all the non-official stuff from tumblr. There’s some great images you’ve posted here that I likely would never have seen otherwise, which reminds me that there’s still a lot of great fan art that is no longer on Deviant Art and never makes it to fan forums or reddit subs (where they seem to think Jon is the only existing Superboy).

So not the Valor stuff from - 1995s, I think - but around 2000s something?

EVERYONE: Have some random, old Conner art (by people who get paid to draw), these were all sketches done, primarily at conventions I believe and owned by fans, so I suspect I get them from some of the auction sites:

Artist: Ed Benes

Artist: Leinil Francis Yu

Artist: Mike McKone

2 Likes

I read everything with him in it,watch everything with him on it,buy everything thst is available to buy,I am a die hard fan.
So you got Titans back half of season 4 coming at some point.
Superboy kon-el mcfarlane figure
Superboy statue
Titans united just ended
Action comics is running now
Superboy man of tomorrow is coming in april

Hope I didn’t forget anything

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Kind of surprised he made it on to the cover art.

1 Like

Yeah me 2,if he didn’t win the round robin all this wouldn’t be happening.he got his mini by actually winning,others promoted at this same time got theirs not cause fans wanted it,but because DC desires to push those characters.

2 Likes

I also forgot that the one issues he showed up in the more recent run of Suicide Squad was another example of him not jobing hard.

1 Like

Yep,outsmarted a enraged Match.match was able to take down ultraman and could use full TK throughout the series,so I would call kons taking down Match a “feat”

3 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes