Superboy (Conner Kent/Kon-El) Appreciation Thread

Not to mention the reactions we get to him from the rest of the family. Clark and Jon’s being the most but still incredibly short which is just surprise. Lois really only caring enough to ask who he is and why he kind of looks like Lex and then just brushing him off without a answer. Then we get Kara’s which is just bad.

1 Like

God I can’t wait for his mini, he needs some time away from the other YJers and the SUPER fam.

between generic character in the SUPER books and terrible characterizations in the YJ mini now, we need a writer to go all in with him

we need leather jacket and black tshirt, we need kryptonian powers with TTK powers, we need serious with cocky attitude, we need scrappy guy, with muscles that look like he was made to be the spitting image of a 6’3" 230lbs guy.

and let’s not forget he has way more friends than just who DC keeps putting him with.

3 Likes

I don’t know why they won’t combine both.
It’s smart to combine both the 90s rebel with that edge of t-shirt superboy with those occasional anger issues.
He definitely needs to have a unique ability like TTK as well.

3 Likes

Hell he isn’t even the generic guy in the Super family. He’s the one who gets knocked around by the villains in the Super family. Hell they do that in YJ too.

1 Like

it’s totally insane to me thst they haven’t put him in the black tshirt with the leather jacket yet, full time, it seems like a no brainer. same for all other media places, he should be doing both, combine the “visual fanbase” together.

He has 2 power sets, no matter how much they try to hide or squash the 1. all they need to do is figure out what power level for both sets they want at his beginning, present, and future fully grown.

as in weakest is YJ show, then all kryptonian powers MINUS flight in Smallville and Titans, then full kryptonian powers, but with a solar battery flaw, to full power, full powerset, no flaws.

And from 90s TTK, to Smallville season 11 /titans of tomorrow full TK, to new 52 full TK, and full touch TTK

figure that out DC and move forward with him.

BTW imo there is a way to make him full power and limited kryptonian powered and full TK and TTK all at the same time, and make it easy to understand.
=he has supeans full powerset at full power, BUT the aura that he totally controls (thst is still just supermans aura) is controlled completely by focus and thought. so he can be at supermans level, but also at a lower kryptonian power level depending on his minds focus. same aura would be full touch TTK, as in whatever 90s and new 52 SB could do “by contact” he can do, BUT he can expand his aura field for full TK too, but keep it limited, not pushing it away from him for whatever distance like a regular full TK user can do, instead let him expand it around 6 feet from him in any direction. thst way all the things you have seen titans of tomorrow, or Smallville season 11,or new 52 kon do, he can do, but only at a closer distance

simple… lol well after you think it thru it is.

1 Like
3 Likes

This is amazing and I need a version that goes for the full song.

2 Likes

isn’t it cool how the video makes all these different SBs feel like the same person?

3 Likes

Neat vid

2 Likes

It’d be nice if people stopped thinking that Kon can only exist if he’s around Tim.

3 Likes

THIS!!! ^^^^^ OMG someone who gets it

3 Likes

Look I’m all for TimKon but they’re different characters. Batman isn’t defined by his relationship with Catwoman. Superman isn’t defined by his relationship with Lois. Wonder Woman isn’t defined by her relationship with Steve. So why is it always that Tim and Kon are defined by their romantic relationship that isn’t even real?!

1 Like

It’s even worse if you’ve only read the Superboy comics and YJ because there really isn’t anything there between them. Hell I think Tim only shows up like twice in Kon’s comics.

2 Likes

Also god help you if you try to search for anything with Kon. If you filter out Tim you lose like 80% of the search results.

2 Likes

Exactly, I had almost no impression at all of Tim reading mostly superboy comics and a couple YJ/Titans comics here and there

3 Likes

Exactly

3 Likes

I think it’s a mix of writers who are lazy and unimaginable for the characters, and that time has passed when kon was at his peak popularity in the comics, same for Tim, so again they do the lady thing and shove them together.

Kon is well known as a character thst doesn’t need to latch on to another character, hell he went to Hawaii for that reason

3 Likes

Not to mention he has a bunch of his own characters he could hangout with as well.

2 Likes

his supporting cast if you added them all up from all his series would be huge

3 Likes

Pretty sure I’ve said it already but I’d be down for them letting him hangout with the Ravers again. Bonus points if they have the rest of YJ thinking he’s gone missing again. Freak out and go on a ridiculous search for him only to find him at the end chilling with the Ravers.

3 Likes