Superboy (Conner Kent/Kon-El) Appreciation Thread

Anyone else wondering what happened to Kon in the House of El stuff? Like he should probably still be around if Kara and Clark are.

3 Likes

Iā€™m a bit out of touch with whatā€™s going on rn

Been mainly reading pre rebirth and post crisis stuff

2 Likes

If you havenā€™t started reading Dark Crisis Young Justice Iā€™m going to heavily recommend you donā€™t start reading it. Iā€™m pretty sure the writer has only read bad fanfiction of these characters at this point. Also they do seem to be aware that Conner was trapped on Gemworld but they think it was for years. Which is weird because it really couldnā€™t have been for more than a few months considering how old that baby was. Also from some reason they think that everyone thought he was dead during that time which is weird because we know they all just forgot about him.

3 Likes

Okay thanks for the heads up, I saw some panels online and was really weary of them. Superboy man of tomorrow from the round robin canā€™t come fast enough

4 Likes

I think Conner in space is a great idea. Not having other SUPERs around that he has to compete with, plus he can let loose up there, let all his kryptonian /TTK powers out.

Plus the Ravers is ready for a comeback, I think ppl would love thst type of book now, WITH Conner on it of course.

4 Likes

Oh DC would love to just act like he died years before that stuff, like he didnā€™t matter, only the golden child and the full bloods matter,but I donā€™t see dying like a normal human would, he has kryptonian DNA in him, which probably, like viltrumites will take over the DNA of the species they meet with and be just as kryptonian as a full blood.

3 Likes

Honestly would love for another run of Superboy and the Ravers sooo much. Extra points if at the end of it we have a issue showing his earth friends freaking out thinking he got sent to another earth again or something and proceeds to go on a crazy journey before finally either finding him at the Rave chilling with his friends there or he just walks back into where they all are with a pizza asking why they all look so exhausted.

2 Likes

That sounds like a lot of fun lol

3 Likes

Joke/kinda serious pitch

For an arc in a new run of Superboy an the ravers Itā€™s Conner teaming up with Jon and Various other alt reality SBs and itā€™s got the ravers crossed out and reads ā€œSuperboy and Superboysā€ as they fight against full blooded kryptonians in the arc

2 Likes

That could be cool

2 Likes

That happened twice in the comics ,once in hypertime against black zero,and another during the new 52 when the other Jon lane Kent became to big for his britches and tons of his alternates was there.

Now combine those ,and bring in all the cool alternate versions we have seen thru the years and that would be awesome.

I wonder if the Ravers would work without a actual race?

3 Likes

Yeah I remember the new 52 jon Kon stuff that led directly into Futures end being all depressing with the other reality SBs hunting Kon for the cure and then it ends with ā€œthere isnā€™t a cure there never wasā€, they fused into body horror monstrosities twas a weird time. (I actually started N52 Right as Jon and Kon fused to Create that pocket dimension and had to Fight off control of the Other Evil Jon also inside them)

But Iā€™m talking like Post crisis Conner, N52 Connor, Jonathan Lane Kent & Jonathan Samuel Kent. Just going all in on the Half-Kyrptonians for a fun crossover.

2 Likes

So DC is doing a 90ā€™s throwback type thing. Both Jon and Clark is going to be apart of it. While the only thing we have for Kon is Dark Crisis Young Justice. At least until Superboy: Man of Tomorrow comes out. Well I see you DC.

3 Likes

We got
Young Justice targets
Young Justice dark crisis
Action comics
Right now for where to see kon.
Sept 20th we will have titans united
And later in December or early next year we will have superboy man of tomorrow

It seems like a lot ,but none of these go together ,they are all using a separate version of Conner or doing its own thing .

2 Likes

Heā€™s also probably not going to do much of anything in any of them. Or his character is going to be so different it may as well not even be him.

3 Likes

I was kinda shocked how much PKG gave kon in personality in his backup in the AC book though ,I was really expecting genric character

3 Likes

Same.

2 Likes

whats pkg?

2 Likes

Phillip Kennedy Gohnson

or Johnson

3 Likes

oh thanks!

1 Like