Stupid Questions About DC

I was talking about Darkseid using his Omega Beams for lawn maintenance

5 Likes

I know. I was making a joke…

5 Likes

If the Wonder Twins can only fuse through direct contact, why do they wear gloves sometimes?

7 Likes

they just got back from the Mickey Mouse convention!

6 Likes

If everyone knows about Wonder Woman, Wonder Twins, Wonder Girl, and the Boy Wonder, why do they all have “wonder” in their name?

7 Likes

ok this is prob more scholarly than you want but black has a bit of negative symbolism to it in modern society, death, decay, war ect. which is funny in ancient egypt black actually symbolized life as it was associated with fertile soil, and you know food this kind of went on for while with black/brown associated with growth renewal no idea when the more negative connotation in society started though but I think it began in Europe, so could be related to beginging of modern racism.

7 Likes

well if atoms don’t touch maybe it burns nothing

6 Likes

I’m Jewish, so my people were enslaved in Ancient Egypt, so we were against them, so we think the opposite, so black is death! Wow! I am great at explaining stuff!

5 Likes

If anyone thinks of any stupid questions or answers (that were already posted) please dm me.

5 Likes

for the poll

5 Likes

if black is bad is tied to monotheism it would have spread into europe by the romans and Christian missionaries as well as Jewish people fleeing persecution so it would predate modern racism by a good bit, modern racism(there were other types but they had more to do with discrimination against ethnic groups than skin color) emerged around the industrial era as an excuse for imperialism

7 Likes

If Tommy Elliot is Hush, Tommy Merlin is an alternate version of Dark Archer, and Tommy Terror is a worker for Queen Bee, does that mean that all Tommy’s (in the DC Universe) are evil, including Tommy Tomorrow?!

5 Likes

I didn’t understand a word of that!

5 Likes

ok let me try to clarify Christianity took ideas/concept from Judaism, christian leaders in late roman and medieval times were very into making everyone christian this happened before europeans could travel well and europeans supierority complex against people with darker skin

7 Likes

@Izzy11 these questions aren’t supposed to be taken seriously; they are meant as jokes between the people of this community. Sorry for the misunderstanding

4 Likes

i know sorry, i just got excited symbolism and human history and stories is kind of a passion of mine

7 Likes

It’s fine! I’m glad you’re having a good time with it! That’s the point of this thread (having a good time)!

6 Likes

If Batman’s throwing star thingy is a batarang and Robin’s is a birdarang, what’s Nightwing’s throwing star thingy?

6 Likes

They are actually called Nightarangs

9 Likes

ahhh ok!

6 Likes