Stargirl Season 3 Discussion Thread

Ooh!!! Cool homage!

7 Likes

Humanite’s Plan Episode 4

Gave himself injury right where his scar to help keep it hidden in plain sight.

As a result of his injury Pat is calling him righteous and Star gives him more staff usage to keep it safe. Rick now wants to avenge him.

He subtly implies job is too dangerous for rookies and then calls her “kid.”

Hourman blamed Stargirl for them hitting a dead end. Seems it is working on him.

He tells Pat he, not Star, should be cleaning up his mess.

He got Chuck to come. He was needed for them go on a wild goose chase looking for Dragon King, which Humanite quickly ends up leading.

The movie watching scene is full of foreshadowing to episode 12, and again Humanite uses it to establish his dominance over Pat. He is clearly upset when Crusher interrupts it.

He uses reverse psychology on Pat (and appeals to his worry they are getting to old for superhero life) to make him 100% on him being Starman. Pat now comes up with nonsense good he does and suggests him for team mentor.

He gets to lead JSA in search through tunnels showing Hourman and Wildcat want him there.

He makes a big deal about the joy of retiring and passing on the mantle. He actually wants Stargirl to retire, and this is to help everybody accept it in the future.

5 Likes

I was happy with the finale. It wrapped things up, left threads open just in case and let us know the adventure continues.

Loved seeing The Shade again.

9 Likes

I caught that reference in a heartbeat

5 Likes

same

4 Likes

I ******* LOVE THIS SHOW!! What a way to tie everything together. So happy the cast & crew got the chance to make two endings and had time to tie everything together, instead of getting screwed over with a sudden cancelation and leaving questions. Finale was great. Final battle was awesome, and this may sound harsh, but grandma deserved that one. Glad to see Jakeem finally made a wish that wasn’t overly complicated and got what he wanted. The JSA has become more of a family rather than just the traditional superhero co-workers and I love it. My favorite part of this whole episode was Courtney vs Ultra-Humanite and that smirk she like she has control now, including that homage to the panel that @MatthewHecht pointed out, I thought, “Oh yeah, your my favorite now”. Nice to see Flash again, but the portal he came through made me question whether if he hopped through time or another universe because that was not the traditional portal we’ve seen from this Flash before. Like that they left a not-so-complete ending to the series, leaving some room for more adventures.

I personally give Stargirl a 5 star rating.

Never the End :00_stargirl:

9 Likes

:stargirl: :stargirl: :stargirl: :stargirl: :stargirl:

6 Likes

Humanite’s Plan Episode 5

He is upset at the meeting room he was not allowed to join. I think he is just roleplaying when he blasts the portrait.

It does make them see him as the aggressive leader they want.

His acting is now much more humble.

Implies to Mike he does not eat like a hero.

Gets Mike to go chasing after Dragon King to keep him out of the way. He probably knows what happened in season 1 episode 12.

Only he knew about the hidden laboratories.

He saw Star is focused on her personal life, and he takes advantage. He knows she will not join at that time allowing him to keep being Starman, leader of the JSA.

Subtly implies she is stupid instead of absent minded to Pat.

When he investigates the lab he keeps talking like this is his first time. He is having fun by himself.

Implies he once had a body with dust allergies.

His speech about sides is great. It presents himself as wise and humbled. He wants a united JSA to rule (probably to kill Icicle and Dragon King in the future). It also says to let Stargirl be with Cameron meaning he picks up the pieces.

Then previously mentioned things like go after Shiv, remove Limiter, and cut off parents.

He could not do the limiter suggestion until he knew Rick and Pat would follow him.

5 Likes

Humanite’s Plan Episode 6

He tells Barbara and Pat that Star is with Cameron. It results in mild problems for them.

He actually gives Star good advice (emotions speech in episode 2). I presume that is due to her not being in his long term plans, since he wants her to retire.

To discourage Wildcat, Hourman, and Dr. Mid-Nite from thinking this through he encourages quick actions.

Shiv is removed from area.

He wants Star to willingly retire instead of being kicked off team. He portrays himself as the forgiving and helpful teammate, and he emphasizes how similar they are.

He got there before Pat so he can handle the discussion with her.

His speech about Mary has a double meaning- this double life is hard. It is better to only live one, thus she should retire. There is plenty of flattery and understanding completely lacking from everybody else this episode.

He probably knew Beth would find cameras now that she has the laptop and is not distracted by the Cindy issue anymore. It lets him quickly become their triumphant leader before they can think this through.

6 Likes

It comes to HBO Max January 6th.

5 Likes

Can’t wait to see Velma flop lol

7 Likes

I’m Sorry Too See This Series End!
It’s A Great Series!
Full, of Twists and Turns!

Great Way Too End the Series!
Flash Jay Garrick Taking the Team On Another Great Adventure!
Great Cast and Crew!

6 Likes

3 seasons and none were a dud, incredible.

8 Likes

Broke the entire Arrowverse’s record lol

7 Likes

S129

6 Likes

That it did!!! Hahaha!!!

7 Likes

Fun fact: What is a connection between Stargirl Season 1 & Home Alone 2?
Answer: 2 same Christmas songs was played both in a series and the movie, ‘Alone on Christmas’ (First episode of Stargirl & Kevin exploring New York) & ‘Jingle Bell Rock.’ (Last episode of Stargirl Season 1 & Kevin goes swimming in a hotel pool). Merry Christmas. :grinning:

6 Likes

Oh nice! That’s a neat easter egg. Not sure if that was done on purpose, but still cool. Merry Christmas

6 Likes

Happy Holidays, Too the Cast and Crew of D.C.'s Star Girl and the D.C. Community!

6 Likes

Humanite’s Plan Episode 7

This was the hardest to tell what he was trying to do.

The actor is very critical of acting.

When removing cameras he gets to be the hero and, they are no longer needed.

He tells Wildcat she just needs to talk it out with Star. I guess he thinks this will help convince her to retire. Might be more about coming off as wise older hero, since he wants to stay leader of the JSA well into the future.

3 Likes