Stargirl Season 3 Discussion Thread

15 more minutes to go for the west side! Can’t wait!:star_struck:

6 Likes

:stargirl:

6 Likes

Good show but Johns is beginning to repeat himself. So Icicle’s plan was pretty much the plan his buddy James Robinson used for the Golden Age limited series. Second half of the show was basically a parallel of his New Golden Age JSA series. It was good but it looks like Johns is writing himself into a rut.

5 Likes

The Series Finale was awesome! That was 100% way better then Star Trek: Enterprise Series Finale! No hero has to die a idiotic death, (Take notes Enterprise producers, Oh wait, you’re 17 years too late, no wonder you made the final episode suck!)
Glad it ended on the good note, wish season 4 would happen, but with 39 episodes it had a good run. At least there’s Stargirl comics to read! :smiley:

:00_stargirl:

9 Likes

He is not repeating himself, he is adapting the comic that made him the writer he is.

7 Likes

This was such an incredible series finale and series to boot, I will always miss this show. I am so glad Cameron didn’t become evil and even joined the JSA!!! The time jump to the future was so cool, hearing that Cameron, Cindy AND Artemis joined the JSA was so epic.

I was worried Artemis would become a villain after killing Icicle but I’m so glad that wasn’t the case. I wanted a kiss between Cameron and Courtney though!!!

11 Likes

Loved the finale, but still heartbroken the jerks at Nexstar (the current owners of the CW) robbed it of a much deserved fourth season! But what we got was great! Stargirl will forever be one of my favorite DCTV shows, and once we get season 3 on DVD I plan to binge re-watch the whole thing!

11 Likes

From the interview
" There’s Wonder Woman and Supergirl and Batwoman and now Stargirl . That’s pretty awesome company to be in."
Even the supernerd forgets Naomi. Hehehe.

12 Likes

Such a wonderful finale!
Even wrapped up things I didn’t expect to wrap up or had forgotten about.

The time skip was a great button to put on the end of this show.

Just in general we got 3 great seasons that hold their own and leave a ‘legacy’ of it’s own on DC. :stargirl: :+1: :+1: - thoroughly satisfied

11 Likes

@MatthewHecht Thanks for posting the Geoff Johns interview, I had just read it and came here to post it - you did it first :+1:

Stargirl - yes very satisfying ending!

While I eventually realized that it was the Gambler’s daughter that Courtney was visiting - I knew there was a reason Courtney was tugging at a missing necklace but it didn’t register. Thanks to GJ for clearing that up - it was a nice touch.

While somewhat of a stretch, there are more DC female superheroes that have had their own show:

• iZombie
  • Isis (Yes I know she was a TV invention before she was a DC character :slight_smile:

That ending makes me wonder if we’ll see Jay Garrick and Courtney in the final season of The Flash…

9 Likes

Good finale, the cameo at the end was unexpected! I’ve enjoyed Stargirl altogether and it’s in my top 10 of best DC live-action shows!

11 Likes

It is in my top one.

7 Likes

I love the series finale of Stargirl. It only makes me all the more sadder that it won’t be coming back. It is honestly one of the best DC shows out there.

11 Likes

Wasn’t there the rumor that Stargirl was going to show up on Titans?

8 Likes

Naomi’s kinda forgettable. In my opinion

5 Likes

I second the comments made thus far (more or less) by our illustrious community. All to often, the parts of a story are better than the whole. Fortunately, the parts of “Reckoning” fit together pretty well. Johns knew what had to be done with his creation, to provide the satisfactory ending her fans needed. The little things that are sometimes overlooked or forgotten, were addressed or given closure.

Just as we all hoped (or suspected), Cameron eventually saw the light, and chose Courtney over his father. Pat came back (as we knew he would), in a big way. Having risen literally from “the grave” (could’ve come up with a better exit though), and then somehow, got back to the garage and got S.T.R.I.P.E. up 'n running (which as I recall was in awful shape from the previous episode), to a point where it held it’s own against Cosmo. None of which really bothered me at the time, fortunately. As our heroes were in the midst of a battle for their lives.

Figured that Grannie would finally have to face-off with Gramps. Kudos to Beth for making another convert for the good guys! Nice to see those crossbow lessons with Huntress weren’t wasted on Barbara. And we all knew Court would get the staff back, somehow. Which allowed Pat to successfully confront “Sylvester” man-to-man! Gotta’ admit, I really loved what Thunderbolt did to dear ole “daddy.” And when Artemis was conspicuously missing from the final showdown with the Mahkent family and their traitorous ally, I knew her day of “reckoning” with the Icicle was still to come. And man, did it ever! I wasn’t expecting anything quite so visually brutal and final. Still 'n all, a fitting end for the architect of so much misery.

The future time jumps and so much more, made for a satisfactory end to this chapter in Stargirl’s small screen career (at least for now). As has been mentioned, and as I understand it, she is (or some version thereof) still to appear with the Titans? Keeping my fingers crossed for that. So, our time with Ms. Whitmore may not be over, quite yet. Have a great night, everyone!

Stay safe, be well

7 Likes

According to rumors in episode 7.

4 Likes

E13

The grand finale

Kicks off with an epic battle. Great stuff all around. Pat v Humanite was great. The team v Icicles. The grandpa not wanting this. The grandma’s death was a surprise. The icicle seems to escape and the rest leaves.

Rick and Beth patch things up nicely. Yolanda attempts to do so with her mom. Cindy beets her dad with Jakeems help. And now buddy food. Mike get to known his mom. Sweet moment in the car. Pat and court have a sweet moment too. Courtney and Cameron patch thing up. And the Gamblers daughter scene was nice.

Artemis gets her just revenge. Great stuff.

The time jump with shade was great. The roster. Teases to future plans they had. Very cool then Jay shows up as it’s never the end. Will they appear in flash. :thinking:

This season was great. A slow start but really worth it. Great action adventure story and character moments. The show itself was amazing. Hope this isn’t the end for the JSA in stuff. Maybe a game in the future :thinking::sweat_smile:.

5 Likes

8 Likes

I really did love that pose from Stargirl as she’s ready to take action.:grinning:

6 Likes