Stargirl Season 3 Discussion Thread

No episode tonight. It comed on next week.

5 Likes

He treats Pat like crap and that’s not a new personality trait, he did it even way back when. His personality overall is not that of a role model.

6 Likes

Why was there a break anyway?

5 Likes

I do not know. Probably scheduling reasons with other shows.

5 Likes

Sylvester is so happy

5 Likes

We know from trailers Yolanda is in a fight in Cindy’s room. I am predicting another thing attacks her and beats her, and she thinks it is Cindy.

4 Likes

Okay, I think we can all agree that Sylvester has real issues with anger management…

Somehow I think Courtney’s romance with Cameron is going to end in tears. I think it is so funny that Mike and Jakeem tried to recruit Cindy into their new group (I cracked up at “The Young All-Stars”). I still can’t figure out who killed The Gambler…

5 Likes

Is Young All-Stars from the comics?

4 Likes

This was one heck of an episode, it got me to absolutely hate Yolanda and Rick! Who’s Rick to talk about anger management?! I mean, Rick of all people! Then there’s Yolanda whose default setting this season is judge everyone when a hero is not supposed to do that.

They better not make Cameron a secret psychopath after that “art camp” discussion!

6 Likes

I think it means the JSA All-Stars from 2009.

4 Likes

Actually, there was a 1987-1989 series called Young All-Stars. After the original COIE erased Earth Two Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman writer Roy Thomas decided to create teen aged analogues of them. Besides the already existing Dan, the Dynamite, Neptune Perkins and Tsunami he introduced the Canadian Native American Flying Fox as a Batman substitute, the Greek heroine Fury and the American son of pulp hero and major influence on Superman Arn Munroe the Gladiator; Iron Munroe as Wonder Woman and Superman analogues.
The JSA All-Stars was partially a callback to that series.

5 Likes

Young All-Stars was indeed a DC title. It ran for 2 years, from '87 to '89, as @mercurie80 appears to know well. But, on to my own comments, as this was another great episode.

Beginning with the rehabilitation of Sylvester Pemberton (that I hoped was in the works), which has led to his proper mentoring of the Jr.JSAers. And Courtney was right on the money when she called out her judgemental teammates. Cindy certainly had her share of screen time last night. Appearing to show an honest concern for “new girl’s” welfare. We also got a hilarious scene of Mike and Jakeem with Ms. Burman.

Wow. Talk about a flashback to my “much” younger years (high school, to be exact), I remember asking out a real pretty senior who I’d had my eye on for awhile. Me being a sophomore back then, and sooo full of myself. It was the first time I ever tried to date an “older woman.” Like Cindy, she let me down easy. Had she chosen to be a real b—h about it, she could have crushed my fragile young ego with just a few words. I’ll always be grateful, she didn’t. But, I digress.

Cindy might’ve made an interesting addition to these fledgling “Young All-Stars” that our Jr. varsity wannabees are looking to start up. It’ll be interesting to see who else they try to recruit. Loving the Crocks more 'n more. But I have a feeling it wouldn’t take much for them to again, find the “darkside.” And let’s not forget, they’ve still never paid in full, for their parts in the deaths of JSA members.

All in all, a pretty good hour of storytelling, minus action scenes. Can’t wait until Wildcat confronts Shiv, and the action kicks into high gear! Well, that’s my 2 dents. Over 'n out!

5 Likes

Last week Crusher said they got out of prison on a loophole so as far as the state is concerned they may be all squared up.Sylvester may be a different story.

7 Likes

I think he may have been referring to their actions in Blue Valley. Not the much earlier final confrontation with the JSA. But, my memory could be wrong on that.

5 Likes

A fun callback, nice. The so-called redemption of Starman is so not lasting, but it was good what he said about Courtney and Cameron.

6 Likes

Don’t write him off so soon. The season’s not over, yet. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Everybody, Has Secrets!
This Episode Should Have Been Called, “Secrets!”
Everybody, Has Something Too Hide!

The Crocodile King Could Still Be Alive!
People, are All Looking for Him!
Including His Daughter!

Terrific Episode!
Hopefully Next One Will Be Just as Good!
Great Detective Work!

4 Likes

For Rick he and Starman have on of the same problems, anger at the ISA for causing them so many problems. He seems to specifically take it on their leader’s son, but he was the one willing to actually get physical with Henry in public as well.

Then he made a friend in Grundy, and he is currently frustrated feeling like a failure unable to bring him back, fix his father’s greatest work, or reliably be Hourman. This is giving him many new problems.

I remember from the trailer thinking the hour of power scene would be a great triumphant scene for Rick. I was wrong.

4 Likes

Sylvester actually gave lots of good advice. He just gave it badly.

For Rick he should have described what the Limiter is for or at least made something up (thus guided him to what part was broken).

For Beth he does not understand healthy kid-parent relationships (early foreshadowed with the joke to the lizard). My advice would have been to give them a tiny job to keep them happy, since a parent must feel like they are protecting their children.

4 Likes

I see others have already answered, but, yes, it was a comic. I remember Young All-Stars pretty well, even if it didn’t last long.

3 Likes