Stargirl S1, E2 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

You may want to watch the episode @DigificWriter again.

Cindy’s mom played by Lesa Wilson appears at the open house. Cindy tells her to “stop talking” :joy:

Think they misspelled character’s last name in the credits. Should be Burman

4 Likes

Incidentally, Lesa Wilson played Rhea Jones in Doom Patrol last year!

5 Likes

@TaimurDar Ok. I somehow completely missed that, so thanks for the clarification.

3 Likes

Love the part where he kept Pat from eating snack, and Pat said that guy is nuts! LOL! That was funny. Can’t wait to see ‘Crusher’ as Sportmaster soon.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Think Grundy might wear a Superman shirt? It would be funny if he did.:grin:

5 Likes

I am loving this show! It flew by left me wanting more. The part were Brainwave corners Courtney at Blue Valley High School and threatens to kill here mother, whoa! My fave show right now.

3 Likes

This is a great show.
I really enjoyed this episode. I’m going to watch it again when my toddler children are not around.
With a 13 episode schedule I’m glad we are not wasting time into getting right into the action.

4 Likes

Love the show. First show that is on CW that I like. I know it’s more of a DCU show. I hope it stays this entertaining. It’s the first of the new shows I feel safe watching with my daughter. She is only 7 and is into gymnastics, so she jumps around while Courtney/Stargirl is doing her thing. I hope they do a good job with Grundy and the rest of the Injustice League. Brainwave has been cool so far. Thanks to G.J. and the rest of the team at D.C.W.B.

5 Likes

Great find dude. I rewind that part a few times trying to see if I could see anyone else in the photo.
It has to be Shade. The massive ink like construct last week and with him looking like he showed up in the picture.

3 Likes

Just watched this with my wife. We both enjoyed it. Looking forward to next week.

4 Likes

I am right there with you! Hoping to see Ted and always have an outside hope for Jack. Considering they have James Robinson listed as a producer makes it a definite possibility!

5 Likes

Loved the episode-- and Luke Wilson was awesome as Pat . The foot down scene was great.
I did have a problem with Courtney’s disappearing bruises in that scene - I believe she can fly with the cosmic staff, but the bruises appear and disappearing…oh well .
Still a cool robot made from car parts. And I also like the handles for Courtney to hold as she rides Stripe .

4 Likes

Wow…totally did not see Shade in that picture, but yup, I totally believe that’s him!

4 Likes

If Ted Knight is mentioned then we can get an origin story for the staff…sure looked like it was having an effect on gravity didn’t it?

6 Likes

Another great episode! This series is looking good so far!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. Have fun.

I was a little skeptical after the first episode, but this one has done a lot to assuage my doubts.

I’m a little surprised that Hourman lived, since the Wizard’s blast looked pretty fatal, but I guess there wasn’t much other explanation for Rick being around.

4 Likes

I think my favorite scene from this episode is Stripe in the cornfield

7 Likes

No Sir Justin, so it automatically loses a few points on principle. (I kid… mostly)
The scene with the sewing machines where she was working on the Starman costume was an excellent moment.
I’m glad this episode clarified her reasons for beign so invested in using the staff- in the first episode they definitely mentioned the “Starman is my dad” angle but it felt like she’d kinda dropped it after Pat contradicted her. Clearly not the case here.
I’ve forgotten what it’s like to have to wait for new episodes. Oh well, it builds character!

2 Likes

“The tip of the iceberg of many great things to come”-Shows to Watch with your Father Monthly.

1 Like