Stargirl S1, E2 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

Love this show! So glad that Ted Knight made the cosmic staff. I can’t wait to hear the story behind that. Hopefully there were other Starmen besides Sylvester in this version. They got my hopes up for JSA survivors when they mentioned Hourman but apparently he died in an accident later (presumably. Seems more likely the ISA tracked him down).

I was geeking out at the PTA meeting and all the cameos by future super-villains. Definitely recognized a few people in there. The STRIPE training montage was hilarious, as was the choice of music.

5 Likes

This show is fantastic so far. So much better than the other shows on the CW.

2 Likes

The gym scene was great :joy:

RIPPED!

6 Likes

You forgot mr sharp barbras boss thats also a old time jsa villan

1 Like

Oops never mind others.mentioned him

1 Like

I really enjoyed the episode. People seem to forget that James Robinson is also working closely with the show. Geoff has mentioned it many times. I’m sure the Shade hasn’t shown up in the present since he’s living peacefully in Opal City, and with the Ted Knight reference, I’m sure much more will be revealed. I’m loving the direction of the episodes each week so far. I’m feeling a bit of the Runaways vibe with some of the villains’ kids becoming heroes.

5 Likes

Great episode I loved The battle between brainwave and stargirl best part of the episode I think.

5 Likes

I enjoyed the episode and it is quite action-packed. I think it’s fascinating that Brec doesn’t exude that youthful arrogance that is shown in the comics. At the end of E2, she is really kind and empathetic towards Pat and it just threw me off from what I read in the comics. Still waiting to see Lady Shiv and “Justin” make an appearance but S.T.R.I.P.E.'s robot is super awesome and authentic. That scene of Pat working on the detachable fist was quite funny.

4 Likes

I like the show a lot and I hope it doesn’t get cancelled like Swamp Thing did.

4 Likes

I haven’t read much on Stargirl comics but Brec Bassinger as Courtney Whitmore/Stargirl is def adorable.

4 Likes

Where in the show does it say shade is in opal city.living peacefully. This is two different worlds

Icicle is the man.

6 Likes

I like how they are slowly building things up, but I didn’t like how they had Brain Wave figure out who Stargirl was, but they wrote it as he could easily forget who she is as well. They are setting up the Injustice Society of America well, creating a new society as their grand scheme is a good explanation as to why they have all settled down and started families. I hope that Stargirl somehow befriends Grundy after his team locked him away for almost a decade. During the Animated Justice League. One of my favorite story arcs was with Hawkgirl and Grundy, where they search for Grundy’s soul.

Only two things. I hate when the villain learns the hero’s secret identity shortly after meeting. Ya, I know he has mind powers, but still, it means you have to come up with more convoluted ways for him to not go after the hero, or take away the knowledge. How heavy is that dog to cause that much creaking in the house by walking around?

1 Like

It doesn’t say it anywhere… I was just thinking of Shade relaxing in Opal City. I wasn’t trying to make a statement. Just an opinion. He may very well be hiding in the shadows in Nebraska ready to attack.

1 Like

Super Excited for the Crock family!!

4 Likes

I am loving this show! I am watching it with my 9yr old niece + older brother, and we are all loving it. It’s for everyone!
As a huge Young Justice fan, I am loving seeing Artemis!!

2 Likes

Definitely got a sinister vibe after watching this episode, and with the reformation of the Injustice Society happening could it just be a coincidence? I think not! :smile:

It was interesting that Pat revealed to Courtney that Hourman actually survived the attack shown in the pilot. It would be interesting if we also find out later that others also did survive that haven’t been mentioned yet (Jay Garrick, and Alan Scott are two that come to mind). Seems with the hawks also being revealed as out of the picture for now, maybe they’ll also reincarnate later in the season or possibly for season 2? I’m sure they will have worked out something better for their wings as I remember talk in the Absolute Justice episode of Smallville how tedious it was having those wings for Hawkman work. :thinking:

Courtney’s costume making montage was fun and definitely enjoyed Pat’s “training” with Crusher and working out the kinks with S.T.R.I.P.E. :superman_hv_4:

It was also interesting having Brainwave test Junior for powers, the cat and mouse search in the gym during open house, and what a battle it was between him and Courtney and S.T.R.I.P.E. :sunglasses: :+1:

Also enjoyed the shout out to Ted Knight in making the cosmic staff as we will hopefully get to meet him down the road and have a possible similar interaction as they did in the Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. comics. :grin:

Now, bring on Icicle again and the rest of the Injustice Society as we head into episode 3! :smile:

5 Likes

Swamp Thing was cancelled because it blew its massive budget.

I don’t think there’s any danger of Stargirl having that problem.

2 Likes

I just hope if Stargirl gets a second season, the current pandemic doesn’t delay production too much making the wait for Season 2 even longer!

5 Likes

Thanks for another great addition folks (ya know, everyone involved in bringing me my dose of entertainment)!

I almost skipped this one because I’m not really familiar with any of the characters and the protagonist was a bit younger, plus the JSA wasn’t really on my radar… That being said, I’m REALLY glad that I didn’t. There is a lot of love here and it’s great to see the wonderful talent settle into their roles as well as watch the characters themselves develop. I admit to a bit of cheating since hey, you folks at DC did provide a convenient Glossary function, but for the most part this is a completely fresh super hero experience for me, and it’s a really good show to boot, so it’s almost got that, “Saturday morning cartoon” feeling you know?

Thanks again y’all!

I love how along with the origin story of our heros and villians we also get the equally important costume origin montage! I wonder how many sewing machines will have to be sacrificed for the next one? :smiley: And Frost-cicle or whatever his name is… that intro music video strut, just…loved it! This is going to be fun!

3 Likes