Stargirl S1, E2 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

I just finished episode two. Great episode, lots of fun. There were some answers I wanted and the action was good.

Glad the battle ended the way it did.

I also like how Barbara seemed to wonder what was off the getting her suggestions shot down. Almost like she is going to start asking questions now. Just a thought.

I also love love love when Pat mentioned who created the Cosmic staff. I know I would have enjoyed the show no matter what but this one line gives me a thrill I was hoping for. :grinning:

6 Likes

Neil Hopkins posted on his Instagram custom made Sportmaster cookies he had made for the premiere last week. Ironic after Crusher’s interaction with Pat at the school open house. :cookie:

9 Likes

@DC_Community, this thread title doesn’t have the Season number. :wink:

I think that this show is still finding its groove, with a lot of jarring sequences and wooden acting. I keep finding myself challenging their actions like “a real person wouldn’t do that?!”. The best example is Pat and Courtney returning home in the middle of the night, discussing full volume, and then - :boom: montage - we are in a field practicing robot tactics. I really liked the Stargirl suit though. The relationship between Courtney and Pat is also growing stronger and more interesting so I am hopeful.

2 Likes

I want to say how cool it was that Shade was in the Injustice Society painting Shade is hopefully coming this season or next season. I also love Larr- sorry Crusher in this show he’s so fun and I think it’s obvious Pat joined the gym to keep watch on the Injustice Society (as the second he heard Larry’s name he had to know who it was) (thanks to the JSA classified) and he ends up not being aloud to eat sweets and he is like “what did I get myself into”.

4 Likes

@GetSnart where did you see shade at?

I just looked up a photo of the scene and wow what a spot. I do see a pair of goggles in the shadow. Great find!

I can’t say I know a ton about ISA but why isn’t Dragon King in the photos and who’s the person on the far right?

5 Likes

I am really enjoying Stargirl so far, can’t wait till next Monday’s episode!

3 Likes

You can see at least his glasses behind Sportsmaster and Tigress but he is mostly in Shadows

3 Likes
  1. I think from the trailer it seems it’s going to be something where the ISA and Dragon King team-up or he may be funding them he does believe in them as he says in the trailer(with Jordan Mahkent right behind him) 2. You are so right I believe that it’s the Fiddler/Principal and her son Isaac I believe is originally the first Fiddler in the comics with a female sort of taking up the role but it seems it is reversed with Issac’s mom/principal being the OG fiddler
1 Like

Awesome show and I’m hooked

3 Likes

I will make a high wager that those blue “lenses” are Solomon Grundy’s eyes.

Fiddler and Gambler hadn’t been identified pre-premiere as being part of the ISA in the show, but they were both introduced onscreen in the Pilot and we can identify the actors portraying them (Eric Goins and Hina Kahn, respectively).

If the Shade were part of the series, we would know about it, and absolutely nothing has been said or given to us to indicate that such is the case.

As an aside, I need to go back and revise my count of ‘junior’ ISA members to include Isaac Bowin now that his mom’s been sussed out to be Fiddler.

Your forgetting the giant shadow hand that dragged away Mid- Nite and they sure look like lenses to me!

You can even see the edge of a top hat. I have a feeling it’s Shade.

6 Likes

@DigificWriter I posted the photos above, in the Second pic you can see Grundys head is At the top of the frame, theres no way those lenses are his.

1 Like

I still maintain that we as an audience would know that The Shade is part of the series and be able to identify the actor playing him.

Also, just in case @reload is still wondering, the person standing next to Gambler in the painting is Anaya Bowin, AKA Fiddler, AKA the Principal of Blue Valley High School.

2 Likes

Maybe the reason we don’t know who’s playing him could be because he isn’t casted maybe he’s a villain who isn’t in Blue Valley they may be preparing to make him the villain or a supporting character next season.

2 Likes

Every other villain in the series has either been formally introduced already or will be formally introduced shortly. Not showing us The Shade onscreen or us being able to identify an actor associated with the role does not fit the way they are communicating the story to us.

1 Like

They aren’t trying to introduce the character it’s just foreSHADOWing

4 Likes

@DigificWriter I see what your saying but I’m leaning towards @GetSnart side he makes a great point with the giant black hand that took Dr.Midnite away.

2 Likes

After the Goonies screening at the drive-in last episode, seeing Solomon Grundy locked away underground can’t help but make me think he’s like Injustice Society’s own Chunk.

Love how Cindy’s mom doesn’t get any respect from her own daughter :joy:

6 Likes

We didn’t see Cindy’s parents in this episode

There are two different named Asian girls we’ve seen onscreen: Cindy Burman (Henry King Jr’s girlfriend and the captain of the Blue Valley Cheer squad) and Artemis (Crock), the daughter of Sportsmaster and Tigress, whom we saw with her parents during the Open House.

Did anyone else notice something glowing in the corner of the basement while Pat and Courtney were talking? I kept waiting for it to come into play, but it didn’t.

1 Like