Stargirl S1, E10 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

If dead that is the second most effecting character death on TV for me. Edgar Stiles on 24 is number 1. An excellent episode where the the final sequence is totally gut wrenching.

Love Barbara recording the Mahkents. Maybe that gives a clue to the final plan. The only part of the plan not known by the JSA is the satellite dish.

2 Likes

Did anyone catch this surprise cameo?

8 Likes

This show keeps getting better and better. Seeing Henry Jr (Indiana Jones anyone?) stand up to his father and make sure his new friends made it out safely especially throwing Court on the other side. I actually teared up at his sacrifice and we only have known him for a few episodes. That is some deep characterization there to make me feel for him.
Barbara figuring today record and translate was perfect.

Also I wanted to say I caught the Prez Easter egg on the movie posters outside the theater in the flashback.

5 Likes

Assuming Starman is her dad…hope they don’t drag that out too long

Holy cow. Amazing episode. I’m still in shock.

I liked how quickly things fell apart for Pat and Barbara. Well, maybe not liked but appreciated from a story perspective. I always thought she adjusted too easily in the comics, considering her husband had been lying to her and endangering her daughter. This was more realistic.

Loved the reference to Merry the Gimmick Girl! I was wondering if they were going to acknowledge that. Tying it in with the reveal of Brainwave’s dark secret was brilliant. Henry’s sacrifice was very moving. Brainwave Junior got be a hero after all.

We finally see the Dragon King without his mask! He looked suitably terrifying.

Someone said earlier that Sam Kurtis is Sylvester’s brother in the comics. That’s not the case. They may change things for TV though. That picture in Courtney’s locket sure looks a lot like Joel McHale. I still think Courtney is mistaken about her connection to Starman and she’s in for a rude awakening when the real Sam shows up. Pretty sure that’s what is being set up with the email.

5 Likes

That was so good, I wish this wasn’t on the CW and we’d get the new episode previews on here.

1 Like

Hello there @lilmrschatterbox. I actually have not read any comic about that. :thinking:
I was actually referencing something quite different. It is the final issue No. 14 of Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. It is a fun read through that I would recommend, but if you are okay with spoilers I can post some panels from it to give you a better reference to what I mentioned in my earlier post as to where they might go in Stargirl with Courtney’s father. :superman_hv_4:

AHHH Amaziong!

Did Brainwave kill Merry in the comics? Is Sam Kurtis related to Starman in the comics? Any intel is appreciated!!!

No on both counts. Sam is not related to Sylvester in the comics (Syl wasn’t Starman in the comics by the way. He was the Star-Spangled Kid and Skyman. The original Starman was his mentor. The show has streamlined things a bit).

Brainwave and Merry were married but he didn’t kill her in the comics. I believe they split up when she discovered his villainous past. She was still alive prior to DC’s big reboot but they haven’t used her in a while.

2 Likes

One of – love Doom Patrol.

But its Apples and Oranges .

This show is about legacy and family.
DP is about lunacy and family.

1 Like

Cant believe he’s out – why would Brainwave kill him that way . Did he collapse the tunnel under him as well which sent him to an underground chamber so Ito can hook him up to the machine ?

Yes Yes Yes !!!

Give her something to do.

Yes !!

I saw that – what was the Prez?

1 Like

Fuzzy Joel McHale but yeah

I was scared this show wouldn’t be able to keep up the standards it set for itself but it continues to shock me, holy ■■■■ that was amazing.

Of all the things I thought might happen with the Brainwave family, I was not expecting this. But in a good way.

There was a comic from the 70s called Prez the teenage president.

1 Like

Good episode! Can’t believe how cruel, Brainwave is. Absolutely love the comic book action in the underground lair. This is shaping up to be a terrific season if they can just stick the landing.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks

1 Like

I cant understand what Jorden has on him- usually the mind reader guy is the leader.

2 Likes