Stargirl S1, E10 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

What did you think about the episode?

4 Likes

Just having a drink for Henry tonight

6 Likes

I thought they said they only had one banana left but it looked like there was two in the split

Having to relive your wife’s death twice is rough but I guess after that ending that part doesn’t hit as hard.

Barb contributing the team with her sneaky spy skills

I want more Solomon Grundy. I was getting so excited thinking we would get hour man vs Solomon

Loved the daddy please let me out I want to kill her part

I thought some choreography was off this episode not as clean as usual

Wow dragon king without a mask. We need a screenshot of that

I want to know what in the email

Jeez everything about that ending. It literally made me gasp. So much happened in those last few minutes

7 Likes

My thoughts: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

5 Likes

I thought it was really well paced! It felt like a finale, or at least mid-season finale, so excited to know we still have 3 episodes left.

4 Likes

Henry never got a break even once this whole show. Poor dude.

5 Likes

I was hoping for Henry to become like the 6th Power Ranger to the team.
So much potential for where his character could’ve gone. Still a great and SAD way to send him off.
Him getting angry and having the rocks rise around him reminded me of Goku too. SO COOL

I’m glad he got his redemption in the end. R.I.P.

What’s even sadder is with Henry gone that might be the last bloodline within Starman’s lineage gone (at least that we know of in the show, the show’s so heavy with Courtney claiming she’s the daughter that it seems she’s definitely not related)

9 Likes

I thought it was weird too that Barbara was going to pack up and leave town without even having a conversation with Pat. But I think she may have been in terrified parent mode at that point, and to be fair she does chill out towards the end.
Just have to keep in mind that Pat allowed her 16 year old daughter into life threatening situations and repeatedly lied to her face about it even after Courtney got hurt in one such situation. It’s always intense when the safety of your kid is in question.

3 Likes

At a Loss for words R.I.P. Although this is exactly what the JSA needed; no way Courtney is leaving Blue Valley now regardless of what Barb wants.

1 Like

Spoilers …
I don’t think Henry is dead. He’s the only one they’ve bothered to develop as a character. I hope they didn’t do it just to close out his story. None of the others have changed much. Beth is still meek Rick is still angry Courtney is still irresponsible to an almost comical degree all very one dimensional. Yolanda has developed a bit but they seem to be making her into a villain. Henry was awful to her but she straight up threatened to brutally murder him while he was visiting his dad in the hospital. And several other scenes where she just seems confrontational especially with Courtney. The ISA seems all over the place. Brainwave talks about what monsters people but then kills his own wife and son. Icicle wants to use the machine to create a better America based on family but the guy powering the machine killed his entire family.

2 Likes

eh if they brought him back in a future episode I would then dub the show as PC and probably lose interest.

:sob:HENRY!!!

2 Likes

What music that was played right after ‘Ain’t no mountain high enough’? The music is so familiar I still don’t know the name of the song. It was played when Pat and Barbara eating banana split Icecream.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Book of Love by The Monotones. Soundtrack on Stargirl has been amazing!

1 Like

Thankyou so much for your help. I’ll go ahead and listen to it on YouTube.:grinning:

2 Likes

Sooooo… I’m thinking he may not be dead, they showed Brainwave blocking objects throughout the episode. I’m hoping he may have learned this as well? Maybe he did small bubble for himself down there underneath the rocks. I really hope so :pray:t2: otherwise, this is definitely a rewatchable episode. Those last scenes were intense.

2 Likes

Also, when is Mike going to find out? Poor thing feels left out of everything :frowning_face:

1 Like

It wouldn’t be pc. Think about it he’s a straight white guy, who’s a member of a group that switched a bunch of white guys for a group of racially diverse mostly female team heroes. He’s the least pc one.

I mean his dad didn’t think twice about killing his mom so if he couldn’t succeed in killing his son it would just be a pc move by the writers. Although after reading touchofChaos’s theory about Henry potentially blocking objects maybe it wouldn’t be impossible. Either way I think they have more characters to introduce rather than continuing this one.

2 Likes

That’s an excellent point. I was hoping that since we didn’t see his body it meant he put up a psychic shield. But I’m a huge GL Kyle Rayner fan and Jade Allen Scott’s daughter was a major part of his story. I think she’s fit perfect on this show.

2 Likes