[Spoiler Zone 🚨] Swamp Thing Ep. #10 Open Discussion Thread

Bring this show back

4 Likes

Hey everyone! While I know we are all disappointed that Swamp Thing has come to an end, please remember to focus on the topic of the thread - the discussion of the show. However, we know that we all need a place to vent and share our feelings too, so we have created this thread for just that reason! https://www.dcuniverse.com/community/boards/betaparticipants/official-saveswampthing-ve

3 Likes

Personally I loved seeing the Phantom Stranger again and loved seeing the Blue Devil finally be the hero he was meant to be. I hope we see more of him in the 2nd season

1 Like

I can’t believe we had to wait until an after credits scene to see both Matt Cable finally “get his”, and the rise of Floronic Man! What a kick in the crotch! Not to mention Blue Devil being teased here and there. To me, the story fell apart after episode 6. Way too much time bs’n with Liz and Abby, and not enough villain development :sleeping:

1 Like

Having just finished the finale, I can now concretely say that the “stinger” of Floronic Woodrue killing Matt was entirely unnecessary and actually detracts from the satisfaction of the episode on the whole.

It is admittedly bittersweet to know that these 10 episodes are all that we’ll get to see if this world and these characters, but the writers did a commendable job of by-and-large wrapping up the story in a satisfactory way that paid off the major arcs that had been we up by the previous 9 episodes while simultaneously making it clear that the characters’ stories will continue on even if we as an audience never get to experience those journeys.

3 Likes

I loved everything about the 10 hour movie! :blush::+1:

If I were to complain about one thing was how the Phantom Stranger underwhelmed me. He is one of my favorite DC characters and to see him portrayed in a sort of half comical fashion was disappointing. I wished his portrayal had been more mysterious “film noir” from which the character arose.

But still, I very much enjoyed the series and am disappointed that it was cancelled.

6 Likes

remarkable … series-best performance from the entire cast in a single episode … what a run

can’t explain it, but the appearance of a Busey, the voice of Belinda Carlisle, and Ian Ziering in a horror show just makes me happy … so lucky to have experienced Swamp Thing in real time

only thing I would change is that we heard ‘swamp’ and ‘thing’ several times but never together

3 Likes

SAVE SWAMP THING!!
NEEDS A 2nd SEASON!!

7 Likes

All the originals are good. I signed up early for the promise of Titans and Swamp Thing. Swamp thing was the best. Doom Patrol was the worst. My confidence in the service is shaken. Just not a great service. There are other ways to read comics with a subscription.

1 Like

Great Series!

Swamp Thing will be on of my favorite Sci Fi “one hit” wonder along with Threshold and my favorite of all time Kolchak: The Night Stalker

1 Like

I was really worried going into this episode that it would not come to a proper conclusion to what we know is now a series finale, as opposed to a season finale. But I was quite impressed with how the “loose ends” got wrapped up. The only one that really felt too rushed was Blue Devil. For all the talk of his deal and needing to stay in Marais, the one instance of his saving Abby and Liz was enough to release him from the city? On the plus side, I would not be opposed to a Blue Devil spin-off. That actually seems kind of do-able as it could take place elsewhere and not need the expensive swamp sets that I hear were a big reason for the series cancellation. Overall, I am quite satisfied with this Swamp Thing series, and congratulate all those involved in making it.

It is once again mind boggling why WB Execs made the decision to cancel this series even before it had its moment.

It gave you Blue Devil & Phantom Stranger!!!

The DCU is filled with characters such as them … This show deserved a true chance to be!!!

6 Likes

I wanted to love this show, but Swamp Thing is a hard character. Even his own creators didn’t really know what to do with him. Clearly people worked hard on the show but Swamp Thing always felt shoehorned into it more than he did the star. I wish they had skipped the small town political intrigue and done a horror show with roots in the American Gothic story arc from the book.

2 Likes

Please Brind it back I wanna see Flouronic Man Fight Swamp Thing

6 Likes

Awesome show, awesome cast, but I am not fulfilled. I’m not happy with Phantom Stranger’s look. I though the was just projecting a more friendlier image. But, too many loose ends. No fulfillment. You f***ed us DC.

1 Like

Greatful that we were able to get a Swamp Thing and the awesomeness that the show created. Was happy that most of the main characters had a decent send off and that we finally got to see Floronic Man on screen. Looking forward to seeing the next original series even more.

2 Likes

Awesome show. Enjoyed watching. The cast is amazing!!! Slow to build but aweosme

It was like s great 10 hour horror movie, it makes me excited to see what DC shows you guys do next, thanks for this season… please do animal man with guest star swamp thing and abby!

1 Like

Bring back season 2

2 Likes

I just posted somewhere else, I find it odd they added that ending scene if DCU is totally done with Swamp Thing. What if they go in a different direction with him? What if instead of an episodic series, they do DCU exclusive movies with him? I think that may work better for the character. I enjoyed the series, but there were parts that seemed to drag out. And there was a lot, and I mean a lot of soap opera storylines in this season. Maybe if they focus on a film that is 2-2 1/2 hours long, we can get a solid story out of it? And it’d be a lot cheaper than a 10-13 episode series. What do you think?

3 Likes