[Spoiler Zone šŸšØ] Swamp Thing Ep. #10 Open Discussion Thread

The time has come, the tendril said, to talk of many (swamp) things.

We have now entered the final episode of the series that has made us sit on the edge of our seats and lament the ways of the world. Itā€™s time to talk all things, well, Swamp Thing.

If you havenā€™t watched the episode, turn back before itā€™s too late- spoilers abound! Let us know everything, your hopes, your regrets, your dreams and nightmares, in the comments below!

11 Likes

Sad the show is ending but season one really didnā€™t need 3 more episodes. It wrapped up nicely and can always be revisited later.

6 Likes

Agreed! And I loved the post-credits scene. I had a feeling they were gonna go in ā€œthatā€ direction and I wasnā€™t disappointed.

3 Likes

I thought the writers and actors did very well in turning four episodes into one final one.

Every major character arc was resolved sometimes violently and we know where the chesspieces lie.

I think of the remaining characters that are alive as in an eternal Now. Their missions and goals are clear and they can be activated whenever needed or never.

Maria dreams eternally.

Swampy and Abby know what they are to do but not how.

Woodrue is pleased with the turn of events though no longer human.

Great job everybody.

What a way to go.

In some ways it reminded me of the end of Godfather where ā€˜all loose endsā€™ are resolved in the final moments.

5 Likes

Are they bringing blue devil to another show

5 Likes

Gentle reminder to keep all comments posted in a topic about the original discussion: In this case, to talk about your favorite moments and reactions from the episode, any questions you may have, etc. etc.
But we DO have a topic dedicated to all justified outcries demanding the series return, which you can find here:

4 Likes

IF DC DOES NOT BRING BACK SWAMP THING FOR SEASON 2 ITā€™LL BE THE DUMBEST DECISION EVER!! #STS2 (swamp thing season 2)

11 Likes

This show was so damn good ;-; I have so many mixed emotions rn

3 Likes

Just a headā€™s up to please be careful about language when posting, everyone. Excessive profanity, for example, must be removed as per the Forum Guidelines: http://yourdcu.com/cmg

For all the fuss and stomping around people made about the cancellation, it was so wonderful to see the series wrap up the storylines in a satisfying way. I came away from the last episode thinking ā€œIf this is all we get, Iā€™m happy with the endingā€

3 Likes

If thereā€™s no season 2 i will be soo disappointed. If it wasnā€™t for this show and doom patrol Iā€™d cancel my subscription

Wow Flouronic Man looked amazing. This show needs to continue. There is no excuse to cancel it.

5 Likes

@eytonhound are you implying Titans and Young Justice arenā€™t good?

@superby are you really trying to shame people for being upset this show is cancelled? Get over yourself.

@MissInkBot the bigger issue is the cancellation of this show, not that people are using bad words on a forum for a show that also features adult language. Talk about having your priorities completely out of whack.

2 Likes

I enjoyed the Swamp Thing series finale and very much applaud everyone involved for making a pretty difficult scenario work, especially with resolving the characters of Swamp Thing and Abby so well.

However, itā€™s incredibly hard to not be disappointed. While 10 episodes with Swamp Thing would suffice, teasing Blue Devil and the Floronic Man were kinda painful blows, considering the lack of likelihood that weā€™ll ever return to this world. I know everyone did the best they could with the situation, but itā€™s still difficult to stomach that this is probably it.

Very happy with what we got though and excited for whatever is next!

8 Likes

It sounds like Iā€™m in the minority here in being quite disappointed with Swamp Thing. Iā€™m a lifelong fan of the character and have read all the booksā€¦ I didnā€™t mind the changes they made, and the FX and makeup where spot on. I just felt something missingā€¦ aside from the fact that it was cut short, yeah, we will never know if it could have been better.

In my opinion this to was the weakest of the live action DCU shows. Doom Patrol being best by far, Titans being decent. Looking forward to what comes next.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a shame that this show was probably the first and last time Blue Devil will be in a live action anything. Still a great show and that final cut scene was great.

5 Likes

Swamp Thing was actually one of the reasons I became a member of DC Universe. (Plus so many comics!!!) I loved the show and am disappointed we will not see more. Not a prude by any stretch but it was good to have a live action show here that did not have to have sex and nudity to prove it was adult. Hope still up for Stargirl. Loved swamp thing and hope they change their mind about season two!

3 Likes

I thoroughly enjoed the series, every episode was spot on and the characters were great.
Like many, Iā€™m disappointed it got cancelled and that we did not get a proper reason for it.
Still, Iā€™m hopeful for (maybe?) a spinoff for Blue Devil or something.

3 Likes