[Spoiler Zone šŸšØ] Swamp Thing Ep. #10 Open Discussion Thread

Just when my jimmies were properly russled due to him being a no-show throughout the entire series, they saved Jasonā€™s transformation into Floronic Man for the after-credits scene. Iā€™m pretty dang sure the missing three episodes were going to lead up to an epic fight between Swamp Thing and Floronic Man, but the higher-ups noped right outta there. Itā€™s a shame, really. They had a cool costume for him and everything, but the fact we wonā€™t see our Swampy Boi fight a Planty Mang on-screen disappoints me to no end. Still, itā€™s a step-up from Jason Woodrueā€™s appearance in Batman & Robin.

The rest of the episode was good. Not a bad series. I really hope one of these days, we get that second season this show deserves. But considering the turn of events, one can only dreamā€¦

Good news is, now that theyā€™ve got the costume locked away in a storage closet deep within the bowels of the Warner Vault, they could always use it for the inevitable live-action New Guardians tv show or movie. If we canā€™t have Floronic Man fight Swamp Thing, we could always have him fight Snowflame.

4 Likes

I really loved the horror element in this series. Blue devil give me more of him would love to see what happens next with him. Curious about dr. Abby Arcane. I think that she has an ancient connection to magic. Would love more about this. Being in the magic

3 Likes

This show was great. Iā€™m really hoping the studio comes to their senses and continues the series. So many more great stories to tell. I need more Floronic man, tubers, Constantine, and Swamp Thing traveling through space!

@MBII You seem to have a little confusing regarding my comment. Iā€™m a little confused myself on me shaming people? I think I need to clarify:

I can only speak for myself and the experience I had watching the finale. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with being upset the show got cancelled. Itā€™s those who took it to the extreme, Iā€™m referring to. And yet for all the drama with this situation, what I found amazing was how, when all that is put to the side and you watch the finale, you come away with a satisfying conclusion. Given they had to rewrite the tenth episode to be the finale, it turned out amazing.

When I say ā€œIf this is all we get, Iā€™m happy with the endingā€, Iā€™m referring to being happy with the finale episode, not that the show is ending.

That was my intent. I hope this clarifies the confusion and no worriesā€¦no harm, no foul.

3 Likes

BRING THIS SHOW BACK!!!
I canā€™t believe theyā€™re canceling it. Arguably the best of the three live action shows.

3 Likes

Enjoyed the series a lotā€¦

BUT, the only thing thatā€™s more confusing after watching the final episode isā€¦THAT was apparently the final episode. You donā€™t cancel a series that keeps people ā€œon the edge of our seatsā€ that adds a reason for people to pay to subscribe for the service to watch.

5 Likes

Swamp Thing was the only reason I subscribed to the DC Universe. If they dont want to see if Netflix will pick it up instead. Please keep us updated if something changesā€¦ Over facebook or some how!! I loved this show

3 Likes

Loved the first half of this show and liked the second half. This last episode certainly felt like it was supposed to lead us into the final act. That was the original plan Iā€™m sure and things just changed. The season ultimately felt like it didnā€™t get to deliver on the questions it was setting up. The absence of any kind of Anton Arcane tease was pretty glaring, at least for me. I thought thatā€™s where Mattā€™s car crash was going. Again, that might have been the original plan. The way the last half of the season was stitched together to address the episode cut and season cancellation just felt very visible, to me.

That sounds more harsh than I actually feel though. Derek Mears continued his streak of giving a great performance through what I assume is a very cumbersome suit. Really liked this show overall and am glad we at least got what we did, but Swamp Thing deserves more.

4 Likes

@MissInkBlot pls forgive

The whole seasonā€¦every episodeā€¦was outstanding. After the last episode Iā€™m feeling so disappointed that it wonā€™t be returning for a second season. Itā€™s everything Iā€™ve ever wanted from a DC release

7 Likes

The series was awesome you need to make more for season 2 and show more the Blue Devil. Need to have Swamp Thing and Blue Devil battling the dark evil coming and again you need to make a second season and moreā€¦

1 Like

Just when I was starting to really grow a attachment to the characters the show only last for 1 season definitely is a bummer going to miss this show

2 Likes

I enjoyed this series immensely. This cannot be left as is give us more! Better than most tv out there come on!

Iā€™m barely watching Episode 9 right now, but I wanted to say that with no possible future for the series, it doesnā€™t make narrative sense to me to include a ā€œstingerā€, particularly since by the time Episode 10 went into its final edit, the producers knew that they werenā€™t getting a second season.

2 Likes

Wish The Swamp Thing will return 1 dayā€¦even if itā€™s just a feature in another seriesšŸ™šŸ¼

One of the better shows out there and they cancel it. And DC wanders why they are always behind marvel. Get a really good show and cancel it, make a trash justice league movie promote it.

2 Likes

Really wish we got more of this and their universe, even if it were a Justice League Dark. Floronic Man looked AMAZING.

5 Likes

A great series and a good lead in for Justice League Dark. And left us hanging without really seeing Blue Devil, a great character. This show had all the opportunity to offer a new generation great classics and new options. I hope everyone lets DC know to press for another season!

4 Likes

Just saw the finaleā€¦didnā€™t think I could be more sad that thereā€™s not a second season. If it ainā€™t broke @American telephone and telegraph

3 Likes

We need another season of Swamp Thing !! Introduce more characters weā€™ve all dreamed of seeing!! They left an opening for so much more to come, please donā€™t let your fans down!!! #SwampThing

4 Likes