SnyderCut DCFandome Thoughts

I know I will like it. I kinda liked Justice League but it’s been my least 2nd least favorite of the DCEU movies (Suicide Squad being my least).
It had its moments but overall seem like JL was missing a lot.
Comics have a lot of different versions of the characters we grow up with. We might like one version more than the others but it shouldn’t bother to many people when they act differently.

2 Likes

Limiting my thoughts to the Fandome trailer, I wasn’t blown away. But I generally don’t like trailers that are just music and clips – I want a bit of dialogue, and at least some of the story. Obviously anyone watching this trailer already knows the story because they likely saw the theatrical version, so this was more about showing off Snyder’s footage that wasn’t used in that cut, and on that score it succeeds. But for me, the trailer just fell flat.

That said, it doesn’t dampen my excitement over the actual film – or rather the FOUR HOUR MINISERIES we’re getting. I really enjoy Snyder’s DC films (at least the extended cuts of them – theatrical BvS was not great) and I’m psyched to see the conclusion to the story that started with Man Of Steel.

3 Likes

This is where I’m at. I’m truly looking forward to it, but I’m also a bit worried the stuff I liked about Justice League was what Joss put in.

1 Like

Something people need to realize is that the Snyder cut isn’t the original justice league movie we was going to get if Snyder stayed on. They weren’t going to release a 4 hour movie in theatres. Also they will make decisions on the Snyder cut based on criticisms of the original version. Now that they know fans didn’t like a certain scene they can go back and change it or remove it.

I get tired of people saying that this was the movie we was supposed to originally get. No it isn’t!

1 Like

Through the negotiations to release this, it bumped from the 214 minute “cut” to, probably, everything he shot. Even reverting Steppenwolf to the original design. He’s got full control over this release now. In some ways… this was the version we were “supposed” to get.

1 Like

I cannot wait for this one. I wonder if they will release this on DVD, Blu-ray or 4K?

2 Likes

I’m curious to see how it turns out in comparison to the theatre version. The trailer had some odd CGI choices. I swear one CGI character looked like he was part of Thanos’ Black Order :laughing:.

Snyder’s vision isn’t exactly my cup of tea because I don’t agree with all of his decisions for the characters, but I have warmed up to Man of Steel and the Ultimate Edition of BvS. I really loved how Henry looked in the black suit.

1 Like

The bottom line is that this should be the movie that we’ve been waiting for. The fans got this to be released not Zacn, not anybody else so he should be going above and beyond to make sure they we’re all happy with the product Darkseid looks a little campy but the rest of it looks really good

I actually teared up watching the trailer for the Snyder Cut of JL. I wasn’t able to enjoy Fandom Due to working at a Comic Shop. Do comic shops ever really close?

2 Likes

I disagree. I’d prefer a director giving the characters their own unique spin whether it’s well-received or not over basically getting fan service.

3 Likes

I rather take the one we got than this remake.

I am glad Snyder fans are getting it but I am not a big Snyder fan.

He takes big swings but most of the time he misses them.

I’m excited to see the plot threads from BvS pay off. Despite any issues I had with that movie, it was obviously building to a big vision and I’d like to see that completed. Some of the actors involved seem to be really positive about it, so I am definitely curious.

Both versions of JL will still exist and DC sounds like they are doubling down on the multiverse idea, so people can watch whatever version they like more (or neither). I don’t really understand how anyone could be upset that fan support got an extended/alternate cut of a movie, but to each their own. shrug

2 Likes

I remember back when both Snyders Man of Steel abd BvS released and there was so much hate on how his films were too dark. Now its general positivity. Just a internet observation. That said i loved his dark DC style and cant wait. I think i will do a dc marathon with Man of Steel,WW, Aquaman and BvS leading up to JL release.

No interest in the “4 hr episodes” though. Def wait for entire film to stream

1 Like

It was awesome! Looking forward to the four installments! Plus, it was so great to see the cast again!

I would assume they’ll look for any and all opportunities to monetize it!

1 Like

I’ve seen that there are some fans not big on a ‘Directors Cut’ of JL. Have to consider there are what 4 versions of BladeRunner each Giving something different and In My Opinion good in their own way

3 Likes

Good news, you’ll still be able to watch the theatrical version!

2 Likes

I felt like he basically tried to recreate the opening sequence of Watchmen. I hope everyone who wanted this is happy and enjoys it, but I am not convinced. Man of Steel and Superman vs. Batman were both bleh to me. We’ll see if this is any different. Hope it is.

We got creative justice at last! My jaw dropped when the camera was turned around for that initial HBO Max reveal with the Man of Steel watch-along … one of the most genuinely surprising moments of the pandemic for me has been the development of the Snyder Cut from a corporate myth to a post-holiday gift.

Do they close … one is thankful for the vigilance nonetheless. I wouldn’t have started to love Jack Kirby’s Fourth World were it not for a recommendation from an employee at a comic book shop. Excited to see touches of Kirby’s New Gods translate to the big screen. Am hoping for an Orion easter egg, all things considered …

2 Likes