September's Community Member of the Month: FelixLeiter!

Congratulations, :sparkles: :fireworks: @FelixLeiter :sparkles: :fireworks:! :partying_face:

As a fellow fan of Resurrection Man and Hawkman, I salute a Thanagarian chalice your way, good sir!

12 Likes

I seem to have settled into a nightly reading routine. After everything is done the last three things I read before bed are:

• One issue of Hellblazer
  • One issue of Jonah Hex
  • One issue of Scooby-Doo

Little bit of everything in those three titles and by the time I’m done my mind is ready to enter Morpheus’ realm.

15 Likes

Congrats @FelixLeiter you sure do have eclectic tastes.

12 Likes

Appreciate that, @patterson65.37405. No doubt my tastes are unique to me but hope you check them out and enjoy some of them!

14 Likes

FWIW - I’ve decided to go back in time and read all of The New 52 in the order the books were released. I’m going to do it one week at a time, just as if the books were being released as they were in shops, so this will take me five years but it will also give me something fun to read each week in addition to the great new titles that already drop on here each week.

Here’s the post/thread that explains it all and for you to join in along with me and @Row.Harper (who has decided to take part in this madness as well): Reading ALL of the New 52 - #15 by FelixLeiter

Thanks to the guys at Comics from the Multiverse who actually started this a year ago on the 10th anniversary and have been posting shows each week to recap the books in a show called ‘The (Not So) New 52’. (Link to their YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLu70d0W3I5cZzQUPH0CUbF64E2f4oMysw)

Let’s go!

16 Likes

Congratulations @FelixLeiter! -round of applause and thunderous noises of hooting and hollering-

11 Likes

Congratulations @FelixLeiter! :partying_face:

party

11 Likes

I see my Hawks in there! Nice!

11 Likes

Congrats @FelixLeiter! Well deserved as I always find your threads interesting!

9 Likes

Appreciate that very much! You have one of the more intriguing names on here - what’s the origin story on that?

8 Likes

I’m on the bandwagon lol. I just came to say great selections!!! Idk everyone else was too :smiley:, that’s a great sign!! All great ones. 52 & The 4 Horsemen by Giffen are ones I was gonna pick if was chosen? I have plenty more tho, lol. Awesome picks, sincerely…

10 Likes

I don’t believe @FelixLeiter and I ever crossed paths, but congratulations nevertheless.

10 Likes

You know, I’ve been using this alias in different places and contexts for over a decade, but you might actually be the first one to ever ask me that. Which meant that I had to think of the best way to explain it, so apologies if this ends up being a long answer.

To start, I’m a hairy dude. Like, I’m so hairy that when I’ve met people throughout the years, they’ve felt the need to blurt out “you’re really hairy” like I’m unaware and it should be this huge surprise.

The second bit of background context is that I’m a Grant Morrison fanboy. Particularly, I really like the fact that Morrison used fiction to conjure their own ideal self into existence. When Grant was writing Invisibles, they created King Mob as an idealized version of themselves. As Morrison got further and further into Invisibles, they started becoming more and more like King Mob. Essentially, Morrison visualized who they wanted to be and then became that person while writing them.

One night, many years ago, I had a really good experience. I felt calm, completely at peace with my surroundings, and comfortable with who I was. This state didn’t last (feelings like that never do), but, while I was still experiencing it, I decided to visualize my ideal self. For some reason, I just kept thinking about moths. I mean, moths are hairy like I am and they are kind of pests like I am. Some people find them creepy or even scary, but… if you look closer there’s something kind of elegant, cute, and even pretty cool about them. So, that night, I took a look at my ugly arms covered in disgusting black hair and I said to myself, “Nah. Those are your wings, Moth.” And I took the name Moth as the name of my ideal self.

After that, Moth became the focal point of a lot of bad art that will never see the light of day (and some that has) and comic scripts and fiction that mostly goes unfinished. The cosmic part got added because of my fascination with cosmic comic books and concepts (and because just Moth is usually taken in Internet forums, but… essentially, it’s still just Moth). And, yeah, that’s the really long answer. Moth is a fictional, idealized version of me, so while he is me he also really isn’t me. I use his name in forums and stuff because I consider it my true name. It’s the one I chose for myself.

12 Likes

Love this story–thanks for sharing!

10 Likes

Thanks for reading!

9 Likes

That is an awesome origin story! Thanks for sharing the long version - wonder what the TLDR version would be? :laughing:

9 Likes

Thanks!

:laughing: Don’t ask… :laughing:

8 Likes

𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙋𝙔 𝘾𝘼𝙆𝙀-𝘿𝘼𝙔 @AntLeon !!!

Hope it’s magical :magic_wand::zap::dizzy::sparkles:

12 Likes

Many thanks.

9 Likes

Happy anniversary @AntLeon!

9 Likes