⏰Second Chance: Manhunter, Red Robin, & Checkmate (X-Post From Comic Books)

2/28 is d-day for these runs, make sure you read them while they are hot!

2 Likes

Folks, do yourself a favor and read both Manhunter and Checkmate! Two excellent series that are not just superhero slug fests, a nice mix of Law & Order plus spy thriller.

5 Likes

Last chance, dudes and dudettes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I still think comic removals are silly, but since we have to continue forward with removals, could the expiration date be put on the thumbnails of the comic or right below the title name showing the exit date? It’s sometimes difficult to filter through all the posts on the Community to find removals, so having them in the Comic Books section would be helpful so as you are scrolling through you can see the date. Or possibly have a sort by expiring on the Comic Books page.

While I am here, I do want to thank you for the increase of comics that have come on the service in the last few weeks. I wish the removals would never happen, but it is what it is. The service is definitely a lot better now than it was at the start, so kudos to the team!

(My apologies for any of the above having already been stated elsewhere, I did not search long before I decided to post.)

9 Likes

@Stormnation I hope I’m not feeding incorrect information but the mods have explained that they will no longer be removing comics from DCU. They explained that from this point on, there will only be additions to the already vast and diverse library! The comics mentioned above that are being “removed” were technically already removed and were actually generously brought back due to high demand. So if anything we got an extension and this isn’t just another cut of certain comics from the library. Hopefully this made sense :slight_smile:

All in all, they don’t have any plans to remove anymore comics unless a crazy exception occurs which I’m sure they’d explicitly explain to us because they’re oh so good at communicating and listening to the community!! Just try to remain positive and know more epicness is on the way.

4 Likes

@deku_ Thank you for the update on that! That is the best news I’ve heard all day!! :slight_smile: Now I need to get back to reading like a mad man before those 3 titles are removed, as I didn’t know about it until today. LOL

2 Likes

@Deku

They’re trying not to talk about it but rotation is still going to be a thing. No word on when it will happen it how the next one will be announced but they will eventually hit a limit (I’m guessing at the end of this month) at which point any further additions will need to be off set by taking something away. They have promised at least a two week notice but expect it to be announced here with maybe an email message and possibly a push notification. For some reason DC seems reluctant to add a notification to the thumbnail which would resolve a lot of issues.

2 Likes

I want more golden an silver age books.Books like the golden age Dr.Fate,Spectre an we need time to read these books so just add don’t eliminate.I read all of your monthlies now so time is of the essence.I love the service the most bang for the buck of any app I currently subscribe too.Keep up the good work an bring back Kamandi?Please!

3 Likes

It would be nice if you had all time ins, like for example: there’s Gotham resistance metal tie in pt1 and pt3 but no pt 2…

Thanks so much for bringing back these titles AND for bringing it to everyone’s attention that they are only here for a limited time. I really LOVE this service!!!

Putting Red Robin back on here reminds me of something DC could do that would make me very happy. Give Tim Drake a series again. Tim Drake held down his own series, lead the Young Justice and Teen Titans teams and played a main support role in most of the Bat books for seventeen years, and the New 52 destroyed his solo series and his character in a horrible botched rewrite of his origin. He’s never managed to get the spotlight ever again only appearing in a much less compelling form in Teen Titans and as an admittedly great form in a limited role in Tynion’s Detective Comics run. Give my favorite character a series again. I’ll give you my money.

4 Likes

Will you offer viewings of Justice League Action? My service provider removed almost all the episodes except the last 7. Love that show!!

2 Likes

I must have missed the explanation, but what is the reason for removing titles from the library in the first place?

1 Like

All star Superman (1-12)
Batman Earth One (volume 1 and 2)
Brightest Day (0-24)

These would be nice to add to the comic selection

DarkKnight Metal Series would really be a great addition.

@Johnhardin

An official explanation has never been made (and probably won’t be) but its likely due to a combination of factors including creator contracts, licensing deals to provide DC comics digitally through Comixology, Amazon and Barnes and Noble, concern over harming trade sales, the amount of server space WB is willing to allocate between comics, movies and shows and loyalty to brick and mortar comic shops.

The following is posted on our Help Center FAQ:

“Why don’t you have a specific title on DC Universe When will you add it?”

“Our goal is to bring you an ever-expanding selection of great titles from the DC library and new content will be added to the service all the time. In some cases, specific videos and comics aren’t available for various reasons, including existing licensing agreements.”

4 Likes

Deathstroke the Terminator (1-60)
The Demon by Garth Ennis (42-58)
The Demon by Jack Kirby (1-12)
Demon Knights (1-23)

3 Likes

More Wonder Woman. Would love to see issues from the 70s and 80s. Also, TV and film tie-in comics, I know that The Flash 1990 and Lois and Clark had comics based on the shows.

2 Likes

I would like to see Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes on the service.

2 Likes