⏰Second Chance: Manhunter, Red Robin, & Checkmate (X-Post From Comic Books)

waitttt I wasn’t finished with JSA: All Stars :confused: Welp if it ever comes back, I definitely would recommend!!

On a side note, THANK YOU THANK YOU for adding Super Sons. Does anyone know how long these new additions will be here??? Cannot afford to miss some of these.

And in regards to your question…I still stand by everything pre-Rebirth should be here at a minimum…if possible full runs. Like someone else said, the new 52 is what started my comic interests and collection…I’m stuck in the middle of so many series’ and would like to finish them all one day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@HubCityQuestion

The weekly 52 May be free with membership to Comixology Unlimited. I think there this a free time period, and 5.99 monthly afterwards.

Four volumes of weekly 52 are there. Anything remaining might be 15% off if buy.

If you buy more than 10 New issues a month, membership pays for itself, at 15% off of most of these issues.

Comixology Unlimited is a good supplement to DC Universe, especially if you buy a lot of new comics.

It won’t give you many popular Graphic Novel for ‘free’ , or many recent issues, like at DC Universe, because DC Comics needs revenue from New issues and those Graphic Novels to stay in business.

@deku_, at this time we have no plans to remove any more comic book content :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Would it be possible for a popup/ push notifications/ tag on the actual book saying “X amount of days left to read” on books rotating out?

8 Likes

Very few subscribers ever look at community forums, much less read Watchtower threads ever.

If a novice DC subscriber, usually here for Original Content, Cartoons or Movie tried to read most of our threads, they wouldn’t understand them

BTAS, New 53, Rebirth, Bendis, King, it is like we are talking in code.

That is why content coming and going needs to be on the Home Page and on the content itself, maybe with icons NEW and LEAVING.

Don’t assume anything about our subscribers.

One recent thread revealed that the member thought the entire library was listed on the Comic Book page. He thought that the library had maybe 50 comics, not 3,000. When Batgirl Year One was off the top of the Comic Book page, he thought it was deleted.

Notice via Watchtower is not enough, unless you like to continue receiving threads like where did this content go?

10 Likes

@ftdodson I second that! Honestly brilliant.

@Applejack that’s awesome news!! I was just genuinely very into and excited about JSA: All Stars and didn’t expect it to get removed but Super Sons DEFINITELY makes up for it :smiley:

Thanks for reaching out!! You all are great at the communication and support.

Not really interested in Checkmate or Manhunter but i’ll have to catch up on those other issues of Red Robin. While We’re at it can we have the rest of the Cassandra Cain Batgirl Run? There was 76 issues of that particular run but only the first 12 are available.

1 Like

Checkmark was excellent after a slow issues.

Remember Checkmate has a crossover with Outsiders, keep those issues when you delete the series.

Red Robin went completely downhill with change of author. I had to slog my way after some very good issues. Also has a crossover with Teen Titans, not included.

I am about 25% into Manhunter. I read final arc, set decades lates, plus beginning, plus how she got her super suit. Every issue was engaging and easy to get into too.

There are no trades of Manhunter, or I would have bought itm

1 Like

Agree Red Robin declines at the end but the TT crossover is there

1 Like

Manhunter is very underrated!!!

3 Likes

@mgtv

Thanks

I keep hearing about Manhunter…definitely looking into it after work!

3 Likes

Wish you would add Batman 708 & 709 to complete the “judgement of Gotham “ story arc. U have Red Robin and Gotham City sirens parts. Thx

2 Likes

Just double checking when is MMH available? Can’t find anything when I search.

**disregard previous post, my bad

Personally I find Checkmate, Manhunter and Gotham Central some of the best series DC has released, excellent reads all around

4 Likes

Are these 3 still rotating out? Can any of the mods respond please.

Most likely. Would sure be nice if they had something on the the thumbnails for people who don’t read these theeads

1 Like

@E-Dot, yes, they are. These are last chance titles that were part of the culling in preparation for the larger library expansion.

I stopped using the DC app for a little bit and started using it again last week when news broke about the bigger comics library.

Could someone tell me what comics were taken down prior to the expansion? So far I noticed Impulse, Deathstroke the Terminator, and Starfire were taken down. Anything else?

Will Impulse be given a second chance now that Young Justice is back? I missed my chance to read it before it was taken down.

1 Like