⏰Second Chance: Manhunter, Red Robin, & Checkmate (X-Post From Comic Books)

Kamandi by Kirby and Golden Age Captain Marvel.

1 Like

Red hood new 52 stuff

I just again wanted to thank everyone for bringing these comics being pulled to my attention! I read the complete run of Red Robin in just a couple days! Good times! Going to see how munch of Manhunter & Checkmate I can get through before they’re gone! I’d also love to see more Golden Age stuff, especially original JSA stuff. I’d love to see some of the Legion of Super Heroes comics too! & I would love to see Golden Age Captain Marvel too! I am super sour DC canceled their Hardcover edition of the original Monster Society from the 40’s!

1 Like

I just again wanted to thank everyone for bringing these comics being pulled to my attention! I read the complete run of Red Robin in just a couple days! Good times! Going to see how munch of Manhunter & Checkmate I can get through before they’re gone! I’d also love to see more Golden Age stuff, especially original JSA stuff. I’d love to see some of the Legion of Super Heroes comics too! & I would love to see Golden Age Captain Marvel too! I am super sour DC canceled their Hardcover edition of the original Monster Society from the 40’s!

1 Like

@maxdlake.87705 well you now have quite a good run of Legion of Super Heroes added to DCU. I would like some golden age Captain Marvel comics. Although I do wonder since they don’t have any of those on comixology either if there isn’t some kind of trademark issue. I know they got around the trademark issues after DC bought the character by naming all his books Shazam! (or to that effect) and not putting Captain Marvel’s name on the cover, but wondering if re-printing the titles isn’t an issue since they are called Captain Marvel. I can’t even begin to understand how trademarks work, but that might be an issue meaning at the least DC would have to alter the original covers to have a different name. But just a guess.

I would love more JSA stuff, but to be honest would rather it be the All-Star Squadron, the JSA’s run in the All-Star Comics run from the 70’s and World’s Finest, more issues of the newer JSA series already on here, or things to that effect. I mean no disrespect to the Golden Age JSA books, but while I love the golden age characters the actual golden age books are an… acquired taste now. Can’t fault something written around 7 decades ago for not holding up to today, but they are not easy to read. I like we got a sampling of the original All-Star comics, but think I got enough of it from that.

4 Likes

All-Star Superman is what I’d like to see.

It’s on Comixology Unlimited, but it seems silly to start that up when I’ve already got DC Universe (Since I’m only interested in reading DC.)

Thanks.

2 Likes

Absolutely AGREE!’

1 Like

I think we should have starfire comics

2 Likes

What about Emerald Dawn?