⏰Second Chance: Manhunter, Red Robin, & Checkmate (X-Post From Comic Books)

As we continue to undergo changes with our comic books this month, we have heard a lot of feedback from you, the fans, about what you’d like to see. Whether it be more full runs, more cross-over annuals, or, most importantly, more advance notice of removals from the service, we continue to direct our ship in the direction of creating a service in YOUR image.

And, we want you to be as excited about the future as we are! So, when we saw repeated demand for titles that were removed this week, we went back to the drawing board and pulled some strings to put them back up for a limited time.

That’s why, :alarm_clock:now through February 28th​:alarm_clock:, the complete runs of Manhunter, Red Robin, & Checkmate will be in the DC Universe library one more time! If you haven’t had a chance to check out these titles, be sure to take a look.

While we won’t be able to rotate in every repeated request we see, we will make an effort to ensure this service is everything we all want it to be. So! Tell us in the comments below- what else do you want to see on the service?

41 Likes

So what are the future plans for comics? Are we going to be able to setup a weekly digital pull for newer titles as promised in the beginning of the service?

2 Likes

Dennis O’Neil’s The Question, please!!

8 Likes

The rest of James Robinson’s Starman run!

4 Likes

They haven’t made the official announcement but the plan is likely what it was before: a limited library with regular rotations to take out old stuff and put in new. What seems to have changed is that the size of the library has probably grown from 2,500 to 3,000, the rotation of short term titles has slowed down a bit (no idea how much yet ) and the focus has shifted away from having a couple of issues of titles to serve as a preview towards more completed runs which will rotate out (probably quarterly) based on popularity. If you want a digital pull list subscribe to the individual titles through ComiXology. If you sign up for their unlimited service you get a 15% discount.

1 Like

I think there should be an original comic book for the app on here. They could be 4 to 6 part digital mini series that people on the App can read. Marvel been doing it on there app with Luke Cage (which was one the best Luke Cage stories I read in a long time ) , Iron Fist, and Doctor Strange. It would be awesome to see them do this as we could get a new Batman story for the app or Superman or heck even Batmite … Really hope they give that a go.

5 Likes

They did do an original comic for YJ ssn 3 but it would be nice to see more.

7 Likes

Been with DC Universe since pre-launch and was disappointed in the comics offering for these past few months. Because comic books were the only reason I subscribed in the first place, I regretted my subscription and had no plans to renew when my time was up. Now, I am heartened by some of the recent changes and cautiously optimistic that things will continue to improve.

The steps you’ve mentioned (more complete runs, advanced notice of titles leaving) are good steps. I won’t offer suggestions for specific titles mainly because I don’t expect the service to cater solely to my needs. I would suggest, however, that titles and runs cover a wider range of eras a bit more than they do now (ie there’s only one issue from World’s Finest on here - little love for 1960s/1970s/pre-Crisis DC).

Also, as crossovers became a bigger and bigger deal in the late-1980s onward, it would be nice to curate these multi-title storylines into a single landing spot online - more user-friendly when moving from one issue to the next than having to hunt down the next chapter somewhere else.

I find the Community boards a bit unwieldy especially for official notifications like announcing when a title is leaving the site. I know Netflix posts a date on the landing page when the deadline is near. Could the same happen here?

And this may have been answered else (see above comment about the unwieldy boards) but is there any update on an App for Kindle Fires? As is, I read the comics through my Kindle’s Silk browser, which is far from perfect.

I like the changes so far and am impressed on how responsive you’ve been. Please keep it up.

14 Likes

I noticed “liking” someone’s post scrolls the posts to the top of the page. That isn’t user friendly.

7 Likes

No man can escape the Manhunter! :grin: Sorry I’ve been watching way too many Green Lantern the animated series! That catchphrase is real catchy!

2 Likes

@carlandjaysen
We’re sorry to hear you’re having this issue. It seems this issue is occurring on specific devices. Can you please reach out to the Justice League when you get the chance and let them know the issue you’re having and what device you’re using when this issue occurs?

You can submit a support request here: https://support.dcuniverse.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Could we get Newer Comics On here ?
Like Recent
New Releases??
Switching between Geoff Johns Titans and reading Young Justice comics and Binging the Show :sunglasses:

2 Likes

More golden age stuff beyond Batman and Superman would be nice.

8 Likes

The remainder of Starman (James Robinson) and remaining Hitman please

5 Likes

Full runsof events like Invasion with reading order please

3 Likes

It would be nice to get Watchman

3 Likes

Would be interesting to know if the second chance look worked for these titles. Did the download numbers justify putting them back?

1 Like

Another thing I’d really love to see on here is 52 — the whole thing. It’s the series that first got me seriously into modern comics.

2 Likes

I would love for the old birds of prey to be put back. I was half way through when it got pulled to only the first 11 comics😟

3 Likes

So happy to see that there are now DC titles available on Comixology Unlimited! Such a better app!

1 Like