Ruby Rose Slams CW, Details Horrific Conditions Behind Her Batwoman Departure

Another update: Dougray Scott has fully denied the allegations of abuse Ruby Rose made against him

5 Likes

This is really getting out of hand. Between this, IATSE and the Netflix walkout. Hollywood seems to have reached a breaking point amid this Pandemic.

5 Likes

The work conditions, people getting seriously injured, harassment etc is really bad and not a good look obviously and what Ruby says can be all true but unfortunately, the responses to that aren’t going to effect anything…What I mean is, if someone at the higher ups sees this and the pressure is put on to do something, heads will roll…but if its just a story that is forgotten in a week, with everyone denying the allegations then the next step is Ruby sues (which I don’t think is going to happen ) or it gets swept under the rug

Of course, it might not be worth it to keep the show around. I can’t imagine its making them a ton of money at this point

5 Likes

This is painfully true. W/ 2 denials already out there, it’s quickly become even more important for other CW actors to publicly voice their support. I really think that’ll be the key to whether or not this actually makes an impact

4 Likes

Change comes from…change.

5 Likes

It doesn’t help that she has completely fallen out of Trending on Twitter. Batwoman Season 2 created Ryan Wilder and she is no doubt a very welcome addition to DC.

I don’t know if the show can move on from its Season 1 controversy, but headlines grab eyeballs and I could see some higher up using this situation to boost the show. I agree that it will take other CW staff to speak up.

Unfortunately, I feel like outside of Ruby’s injury, and the gofundme, the other accusations are not only common, but at this point he said/she said.

4 Likes

I never even watched the show and I find this depressing.

8 Likes

Welp, now some people who have followed her through the years are saying “Yeah that’s messed up, but she’s not a good person herself insert reason here” and if what they say are true…ew, but that doesn’t change terrible on set behavior and conditions from higher ups.

I feel like if this were Javicia, the response would have been a lot better.

6 Likes

Wow, this got out of hand fast. I didn’t think WB would respond that bad, that quickly. Dang. Then again, I guess I should have seen this coming.

It is rough because this just turns into a she said/he said thing and we might never know what actually happened. But I wish WB could have responded way better than just saying that Ruby was wrong.

4 Likes

Some people look at things in a lens of they don’t like someone as an actor and they find reasons to not dismiss things but diminish them. That’s not right but it happens

Even if Ruby was a horrible person on set (not saying she was), some of things that seemed to happen on that set are way above that

All we can do is process the information and make our own conclusions

6 Likes

The problem with their statement is they didn’t directly refute everything she said. I mean, a staff member getting paralyzed actually happened so they can’t really refute that but just saying ‘revisionist history’ doesn’t really say anything

They basically attempted to attack Ruby’s character instead of showing evidence of it or improving their own position

6 Likes

Yeah, it really just makes them look worse. Granted, I certainly wouldn’t have expected them to just confirm everything she said was true, but at least saying that they take her claims seriously and that they’ll be looking into to them would be a lot better

4 Likes

What they could have said is they knew about the issues stated in Ruby’s statement and did an internal review or in the process of doing it and until its over, X person is suspended…Then you can maybe add why you fired Ruby but to just lead with that, makes it sound like they don’t take those issues seriously at all and is just petty to steer the narrative away

5 Likes

I hope she has some proof, can’t she be sued for defamation of character?

5 Likes

Sadly it’s possible. I’m not sure if that’s an option for companies, but I suppose the individuals she named could end up going that route, as awful as that’d be

5 Likes

If i was the guy accused of forcing girls to touch my private area and it wasn’t true, I would definitely sue

I don’t know about the others and how damaging it would be. The higher ups want this to go away but the people below them, the actors and others could be more damaging

Course, would have to prove it either way

4 Likes

There’s one big factor at work here in this situation that needs to be acknowledged and adds credibility to Rose’s claims and works in her favor in regards to her experiences on the BW set- she resigned from the show and was not let go by the network. Had she been fired and then leveled these claims against the WB then perhaps they’d be viewed in a different light. But she wasn’t fired- she walked away, presumably because she was afraid for her safety and physical well-being were she to continue to show up to set for another season. She left money on the table, perhaps even multiple season’s worth, and seems to have diligently pursued her healthcare options and has returned with assessments from physicians that back up her claims of on-set injury. This is credibility earned in as far as any upcoming days in court are concerned. Another telling sign is how quickly and vehemently Rose’s comments/accusations were addressed by BW series/WB brass. She hasn’t even hired counsel yet (to the best of my knowledge) and the suits have volleyed claims back at her. Now, this could just mean that they feel that she has no case against them and they feel confident in going toe to toe with her rather than turning the matter over to WB legal, or maybe they do know that they have an uncomfortable level of exposure in this matter and are ready to fight. Either way, it should not be lost on those that are following this story that Rose quit rather than getting fired- again, a very big factor here. We’ll have to wait for more details to emerge however I think in order to gain a clearer picture tho.

6 Likes

I thought both she and Warner Bros. stated in both their recent statements that she was let go and not approached for Season 2. I’ll have to reread.

4 Likes

This is the part that I’m not believing from any party involved, regardless of statements. I’m positive Rose was offered the deal and then chose to walk.

4 Likes

The thing is, she specifically said in her posts that she didn’t quit, and the 1 part of WBTV’s statement I actually believe is that she was fired. Not saying it was right, but it does seem to be what happened regardless

3 Likes