Ruby Rose Slams CW, Details Horrific Conditions Behind Her Batwoman Departure

It does put one at odds with how they view something. I would say that supporting the show, most people are supporting the actors, writers, and other crew members and not the executives. Sadly at least two crew members were problematic. I hope to at least hear an apology from Camrus. I couldn’t tell if he was just throwing shade at her for being late or if he was leaking her info.

6 Likes

This does not make the C W or the people at Batwoman look very good at all in fact there should be some changes

6 Likes

Man I don’t really know what to say, I never followed the show but it sucks hearing about all this. I hope justice is served swiftly and I hope Rose is ok.

5 Likes

Replace the showrunner with beth from arrow last season as showrunner

4 Likes

At this point I think the show would be better served w/ someone POC at the helm given that almost all of the current main cast isn’t white. A non-white, non-straight showrunner would almost certainly bring many of the right perspectives given how important racial and LGBTQ+ issues still are to the show

5 Likes

I was looking more at just getting a good person who started at the bottom like beth

5 Likes

Gonna be interesting to see how Season 3 plays out. There were rumors saying that Season 3 was the last, but these were also from “Those” websites. I wonder if those rumors came from people behind the scenes being aware of this controversy. The first half of Season 2 was a bit of a chore and I hear that both Kate Kane and her father (One of the accused actors) were written out of the show.

5 Likes

That could definitely factor into a decison, but there’s a lot of elements that would go into choosing a proper showrunner. Of course this is all assuming Dries gets ousted, and we have no idea if that’ll actually be the case

“Those” websites have been saying BW would get an early cancellation from the very beginning, so I still wouldn’t put any stock in what they say. And yes, both Kate and Jacob were written out in ways where they could’ve returned, but that’s a lot less likely now

4 Likes

And never mind about beth Schwartz she’s the showrunner and executive producer of The Sweet Tooth series on Netflix

5 Likes

With Stargirl, BW, The Flash upping their diversity, Naomi coming, Black Lightning and Supergirl gone (Diverse in different ways) and Painkiller not getting picked up, They are really gonna have to do some moving around when it comes to showrunners. It’s a meme that these shows are subpar these days.

That doesn’t require much involvement. Greg Berlanti is an Ex Producer on darn near all of Modern DC Television.

4 Likes

Update: WBTV just issued a statement denying all of Ruby Rose’s claims, saying she was fired due to “multiple complaints about workplace behavior” leveled against her

5 Likes

This is just more upsetting, though I also can’t say I’m surprised. Of course the major studio is gonna look to defend itself, but like @OmniLad said, this sort of thing has simply happened too many times for this to be treated like some sort of isolated incident that can be wiped away w/ a quick statement

5 Likes

I’m disappointed but not surprised.

If people were getting seriously injured on set due to mismanagement though, and this could be kept under wraps, the series should probably end.

It takes more than one person to keep such a secret, and it says something horrible about the workplace culture of the whole show if everyone was ok with looking the other way.

7 Likes

Yes! For the record, I still stand by my statements I made, but felt I needed to read up more on the current situation before commenting on it in the way I did. Hence why the comment you’re referencing is deleted. Will come back with a more polished comment once I feel I’m more fully researched on the accusations from both Ruby and WB.

5 Likes

I didn’t even notice that you had taken it down, but I certainly would’ve soon enough, so thanks for saying :+1:

5 Likes

I hate the way they word things.

So they are saying that she was fired because people had complaints against HER?
Well I believe she said that people didn’t like her standing up for herself so what they said does not discredit her at all.

2017-2020 was an awful time for WB

6 Likes

Seriously, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if her standing up for herself constituted the sort of “behavior” they fired her over. I’m sure some people will see the statement and just assume she was a general pain to work w/ or something, but the question needs to be asked as to what exactly said “behavior” was. If she was stirring things up on set over the way she and others were mistreated, I’m sure that would’ve created a less comfortable environment but she still would’ve been in the right

5 Likes

i wish she’d focused her statement more. it’s weird bouncing around from allegations of potential sexual misconduct and negligence that resulted in grievous injuries, to allegations that people were rude about her schedule and made her take a taxi. but WB’s petty “revisionist history” crack definitely doesn’t make them look innocent. yuck.

6 Likes

I imagine it would’ve been more clear if she had made some sort of official release through her agent or something as opposed to just putting everything out herself, but I still understood everything she was putting out there. Plus I do think this more informal approach makes it more authentic. This is all her w/ no filter

6 Likes

Judging by the fact that she changed her font halfway through leads me to believe that she didn’t plan this out and in the spur of the moment just decided to go for it. There clearly was no agent or lawyer involved in her statement.

I do wish there was a way for her to have come out against production in a more efficient manner. Trash talking the CW is popular and Ray Fisher is seen as the leader of the “Burn Down Current WB management” train.

But there are clearly loopholes that are getting the accused out of the line of fire aside from Joss Whedon and maybe Jeff Jons.

6 Likes