RETURN of the DC COMIC BOOK LIBRARY CHALLENGE - 2024 EDITION

Meet me at the wink-wink, and we’ll sit by the thing with the deal as we discuss you know what. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I don’t know what that means.

3 Likes

Sits down on a park bench while holding a briefcase and wearing a fedora, a trench coat and sunglasses, then looks around and in sotto voce, says “The spotted cuckoo bird says hello.”

You slide a DM briefcase under my bench, and I’ll slide one back to you. Capisce, Agent Bravo? :slight_smile:

Hums the Johnny Rivers tune Secret Agent Man while sitting on the park bench.

3 Likes

We have some Read-a-Longs going on that I can link in a few minutes, but we also have a Listen-a-Long the Saturday after this upcoming one

1 Like

Alright, HCQ!

For the month of March, we’re focusing on Slobo.

For Week 100 of our Obscure Book Club, we’re finishing up a two-week focus on Levi Kamei.

For Week 63 of our Ultra-bscure Book Club, we’re finishing up a two-week focus on the Newsboy Legion.

You can also find any events we’re doing in the Sinister Citadel linked below:

2 Likes

^

1 Like

Finished with my make a challenge!!! I read Batman Confidential 1-12, The Ravagers 1-4 and 0, Plastic Man 1988 #1 and Plastic Man 2003 1-6. I will probably finish the Plastic Man 2003 series as it is my style. I will say this is the most Batman I have read in like ever. I didn’t hate it. I am shocked.

3 Likes

What was your “Make a Challenge” again?

4 Likes

Read 3 characters I don’t typically like. Then did 10 Batman, 5 Beast Boy, and 5 Plastic Man comic issues. I read a bit more on Plastic Man and Batman because of arcs that were featured that I wanted to finish. It was interesting to see some of these characters in a different light. While I will finish Plastic Man, I still found he rubbed me the wrong way and honestly this version of Beast Boy was meh. Batman though I enjoyed, which truly is a shocker because I typically despise all stories I read of him, but I enjoyed these 2 arcs in Batman Confidential.

4 Likes

oh you’re not enjoying plastic man?

3 Likes

It is “okay” but not anything spectacular to me. The 2003 one was interesting as it had a bit more of the kiddo vibe to it, but it is honestly the character just bothers me for some reason. I don’t understand completely why.

1 Like

Totally get that!

2 Likes

I just finished the 7 issues of Justice League: Last Stand for challenge 5 that had to have Wonder Woman, Superman, and Batman appearances. I said they could overlap so Justice League became an obvious choice. I rather liked this series. It had some twists and turns and did what it was supposed to do, be enertainment.

6 Likes

Is this codenames or real names?

4 Likes

Just realized I never filled these 2 out

4 Likes

Either? :man_shrugging:t3: it just needs to be like Bruce Wayne not Bruce Wayne Returns or Batman not The Batman. No additional words besides DC character name.

3 Likes

Awesome. Thanks!

3 Likes

Just finished issue 10 of Tiny Titans for challenge #6!!

3 Likes

Read 1-4 of Skin Graft: Adventures of a Tattooed Man for challenge 7! Pushing through a bit quicker now. Hope I can get a few more done this quickly because I’m jelly of some of you that are already complete, looking at you @HubCityQuestion! Next up the name ones.

4 Likes

And here it is… my final Challenge.

For this challenge, I read the following collected editions:

1. Lex Luthor: A Celebration of 75 Years
  2. Sweet Tooth: The Return
  3. Daphne Byrne
  4. Aquaman: The Search for Mera

All of these collections were greatly appreciated in their curated, ease-of-reading format, and it’s one I’ll definitely continue to take advantage of as an Ultra subscriber. I’d like to thank @CassTheStreet for organizing this challenge, which took me just over 4 months to complete. Thanks for encouraging more reading through our community!

6 Likes