Obscurity of DC Presents: Month of Obscurity, Month 24 (March 2024) --- SLOBO!

Heya @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to the twenty-fourth MONTH OF OBSCURITY! For the month of March, we will be focusing on…

SLOBO!!!
Age Suggestion: 12+

Number of Issues: 18

Description taken from dc.fandom.com: Slobo is a teenage clone of the intergalactic bounty hunter Lobo who has acted as a member of the superhero team Young Justice. The original Lobo has a healing power that allows him to reconsistute his body from a single drop of blood, and Slobo is a smaller weaker offshoot who was separated from the original. Slobo was created by Peter David and Todd Nauck, first appearing in Young Justice #38. (2001)

With that out of the way, here are some discussion questions:

1. In what ways are Slobo different from Lobo? How are the two different? Explain.
  2. What are your thoughts on Slobo and Empress’s relationship? Do you enjoy it? Explain.
  3. One very unique and unusual trait Slobo has is his blindness. How does this characteristic affect the story and Slobo’s character? Explain.
  4. One of the more controversial things regarding Slobo is his eternal entrapment in the future. What are your thoughts on this, and how does it influence later versions of the team?
  5. Throughout the series, Slobo undergoes a major character development. In the beginning we see many similarities to Lobo, but towards the end, we can see he is his own hero. How did his experiences with Young Justice affect the person he’s become? Explain.

Slobo was suggested by @wrrrryyyy12. If you want to suggest a character or series to focus on, feel free to put your suggestion in the Reichuss Mansion.

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, Obscurity of DC is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

2 Likes

@moderators could someone please schedule this to publish Thursday, February 29 at 8:30pm EST? Thanks so much!

3 Likes

And doner!

3 Likes

Thank you so much-er!

4 Likes

yoooo slobo i doubt anyone else will be here but
for 1. i feel slobo is different in confidence , size , additude and generally several other aspects that just dont make him a straight up lobo clone
2. i think slobo and empress are great and while i dont see what was published as romantic and more just them having a great amount of care for eachother i do think it has the potential to evolve into something romantic if the writers ever brought these characters back
3. i think the blindness of slobo is very interesting and shows that even heroes (yes i consider slobo a hero) can succumb to things similar to what real people can go through and consider slobo amazing disability representation even if it didnt last for long
4. i absolutely hate that slobo is trapped in the future but at least hes not definitively dead although eternally being trapped is worse i think
5. i feel while he had similarities to lobo at the start he already showed his differences when he knew he had to run to survive rather than fight and hope he wins against the other lobo’s
i think despite panels of him saying he didnt or doesnt care about certain things
he clearly showed he did specifically with secret and with empress with helping secret out with her father in prison and generally showing he cares for empress by helping her out as well

slobo real

hes an amazing hero who doesnt deserve the fate he is stuck with
dc needs to bring him back and let him be with his friends

2 Likes

Great answers!

2 Likes

thanks

2 Likes

Ofc

2 Likes