RESULTS ARE IN: Meta Madhouse - The Joker Maniacs! Watch Official Announcement on DC Daily

RIP two-face :two_facehappyhqtas:
:pleading_face:

3 Likes

OR Harley does something awful & Ivy wants to crush her. And does. Easily. I think the nuclear option only works if Ivy isn’t mad specifically AT Harley.
I thought about this too, but ultimately decided Ivy could take this round as long as she doesn’t hold back (the way older versions of Ivy would NOT).
And why is no one considering Harley wouldn’t want to hurt her sweet “Dandelion”?? (Did anyone really think she attacked the Sanctuary w/ Ivy inside?? No.) The psychology makes it tough and that’s why I went w/ sheer power.
Ivy for the win. :wilted_flower:

4 Likes

I figure it’s always Ivy showing up in HQ’s stories
it’s Harley’s book and it’s Harley’s show
ergo HQ wins!

2 Likes

Killer Frost had no business winning but this is otherwise as expected.

• OK, Harley beating Harvey I can live with because it probably makes sense. But she’s probably also going to beat Ivy, which doesn’t make any kind of sense.

• Reverse-Flash is a pretty obvious winner against Killer Frost. But then, so was Doctor Psycho.

• As Misters go in terms of power, Nobody has an advantage over Freeze, so that’s my vote. However, as Misters go in terms of popularity, nobody has an advantage over Freeze, so that’s my prediction.

• Once again, Scarecrow has no business whatsoever winning against Star Sapphire, but he’s totally going to.

2 Likes

i’m going harley again because

drumroll

her meta-awareness makes her omniscient! i think she finds some way to rig the vote!

and i think star sapphire might be uniquely vulnerable to scarecrow’s manipulation.

2 Likes

Dang it, the only one I lost was by a hair. I should have gone with Mr. Nobody

So how do we know who is chosen for the Lazarus Pit? Do they just continue without explanation? Because Condiment King definitely won this first round without any doubt, was Reverse Flash resurrected? I didn’t see any mention of it.

When the Lazarus Save is triggered, you’ll know.

4 Likes

Welp there went my entire bracket lol I had Kite Man winning it all. Opps.

6 Likes

Harley v Ivy-nice to see HQ move up. I’ll think she’ll continue. She has that nuclear option.

Frost v RF- frost only because TT beat my king.

Nobody v Freeze- nobody wins since I had Clayface winning the joker bracket and now freezes messes it up. Bed that revenge.

Scarecrow v Star- Scarecrow mostly because bias. Root for my favorites.

Darn!!! I had Dr. Psycho over Frost :sob:. Thats the only one I missed though.

2 Likes

I had Psycho taking it over Frost, and Anton Arcane over Mr. Nobody. My reasoning?

Psycho’s a telepath with power to do some serious mental damage. Killer Frost wouldn’t be able to touch him before he turned her mind into paste.

Anton Arcane I gave the edge to simple because he is the Avatar of an entire force of nature. He holds complete sway over death and decay. He is more or less, as powerful as Swamp Thing. And to be honest, my knowledge of Mr. Nobody only comes from the Doom Patrol tv show and found him to be more a comedic menace than an actual threat.

Not that this is a bad thing because this is meant to be fun, but I have to wonder how many people are treating this as more of popularity contest instead of considering who would actually win. Again, if you are, no biggie. This is fun either way.

1 Like

So far so passable with only KF I taking out Dr Psycho mucking with my bracket.

I still have to give HQ the edge vs Ivy. HQ is used to tournament type competitions via gymnastics and she has “the nuclear option” up her sleeve.

RF will melt KF hands down. Caitlin made it out of the first round, but it’s nearing the middle of March and the frost stops here.

Nobody takes our freeze. It just a bad matchup for Victor.

Star Sapphire beats Scarecrow. She keep a force field around her and Crane without his toxin is a pushover.

1 Like

Agreed. So sad. Two-Face is the only player in my bracket I lost, though I weirdly ‘voted my conscience’ on him (?) knowing the fan votes would definitely favor Harley, so that’s entirely on me. But no Lazarus Pit for him, I guess. Oh well—double sad faces
 [Correction: I had Dr. Psycho beating Killer Frost, too. Personally don’t understand what happened there, but again—oh well.]

1 Like

Anybody seen the “scores” from round one?
Who beat who by how much?
Total vote counts? Percentage of vote? Something?

3 Likes

What do you mean? Are we able to view voter percentages and stuff?

I don’t think this matters at all. :laughing: Also, Ivy can use her roots and just imprison/immobilize Harley to the point where she can’t move a muscle, forcing her to forfeit. That would also be in-character since Ivy wouldn’t want to seriously hurt Harley.

I’m not sure how Frost took out Psycho
 My guess is more people voted for her because she’s a more recognizable character from all those years on The Flash.

I’m cheering for Scarecrow, the underdog
 He can hide in the shadows and send his minions to distract Sapphire while he sneaks up and administers the fear gas.

1 Like

Scores from round 1 are posted outside of this thread but why not re-post here for easy access (?):

Two-Face: 22%
vs.
Harley Quinn: 78%

Poison Ivy: 93%
vs.
Kite Man: 7%

Killer Frost: 76%
vs.
Dr. Psycho: 24%

Reverse Flash: 93%
vs.
Condiment King: 7%

Anton Arcane: 49%
vs.
Mr. Nobody: 51%

Clayface: 30%
vs.
Mr. Freeze: 70%

Scarecrow: 74%
vs.
Victor Zsasz 26%

Star Sapphire:67%
vs.
Hugo Strange: 33%

5 Likes

Thank you very much. What thread/section were they posted in?

1 Like

My second round breakdown of HQ vs Poison Ivy breakdown. This is one where psychology plays a big part.

And shameless plug time, checkout the psychologyofsupervillains Meta Madhouse thread for more insights from the community on the psychological issues and edges inside the brackets.

2 Likes

Yep, if you go to the top of this post, look near the bottom of @DC_Community first post there is a tab that says “Round of 16 Results”, click on it and it tells you the winners and their percentages

4 Likes