Racing Towards the 2022 Flash Movie!

I’m Hearing About A Lot of Problems with the Flash Movie!
Like the Star Doing Some Strange Things!

2 Likes

Yeah

2 Likes

I’ve been losing enthusiasm for this film since Justice League came out.
It wasn’t that Ezra Miller’s goofy, unemployed Barry was such a terrible thing.
I could get around that since I had seen a similar version in the unreleased Justice League pilot
However, when they showed that Barry’s story revolved around the Geoff Johns induced origin (Reverse Flash murdering his mother and Framing his father) That’s when I started to pull back.
Two things.
I absolutely despise that origin. Barry doesn’t need a traumatic childhood event to make him pursue a career in science and forensics.

Flashpoint had been done three times by this point… did we really need a fourth?!?

As the years have trudged on, we’ve seen Warner Bros. throw more excrement to the wall just to try and build up hype from this film.
From bringing in Michael Keaton to reprise his version of Batman…
(Admittedly I will watch those scenes when it hits HBO Max just for themselves)
To announcing their would be several iterations of Batman, a Supergirl and Grant Gustin as a special guest… (Hey! I love Grant on the Flash but I don’t need him to show up in another actor’s first outing anymore than I needed John Wesley Shipp to be the 90s Barry or Jay Garrick on the CW!)

I mean, it’s one thing to reference someone else in the Justice League movie in either Wonder Woman or Aquaman… But to have all of these drawing points thrown into the Flash movie, makes it look like the Flash isn’t going to do well without dozens of guest heroes. (It certainly gives the impression that the studio has little or no confidence in the property despite the last eight years of successful Television)

Ezra Miller could have been a virtual saint all this time, and it still wouldn’t have helped this film . The fact that they’re having all of these problems on top of everything else going on around this movie makes me feel that much more unenthused about it’s eventual release.

2 Likes

Looks like the film will be fantastic to me. I don’t mind a ton of guest stars in a Flash film (or most any other DC film). At this point, “Flashpoint” is just another name for “multiverse”, so I’m not worried about them repeating what was in the original comic - I actually think Flashpoint might make for a better title for the movie

2 Likes

Like they have no faith in the movie and/or character.

2 Likes

Of the live-action movies, Batman v Superman is the second most “guest star filled” film DC has ever done (second only to the Justice League). But you look at the Marvel movies, and they ALL have as many guest stars as Batman v. Superman has.

All the guest stars in Captain America: Civil War wasn’t a condemnation of Captain America’s popularity, It was just a correct assumption that Captain America plus Iron Man plus Black Widow is going to make more money than Captain America by himself

4 Likes

Most of what you called guest stars had a role in CA: CW the cameos in B v S didn’t do much

2 Likes

If the director says that every iteration of DC on film we see before is still valid, what the heck is there to reset? Maybe they could have Flash trip at some point and …oops, the early 90’s Swamp Thing show gets wiped from existence.

3 Likes

any other alterations you could see?

1 Like

I’m sure this movie will be absolutely groundbreaking. It’s just that there’s been a problem releasing it cuz of Ezra Miller losing his mind.
I just want this film to be released already!

Are you sure you want to see it due to Miller?

2 Likes

No what I mean is that he’s caused so much problems that so many people, including myself, have lost respect for him. But I really just want to see what they were going for with this movie.

I’m just flat refusing to see it

2 Likes

I understand why
I can’t believe Ezra turned out like this
He was my personal favorite Flash, especially when they showed him reversing time to save the world in ZSJL

I’ll just stick to the movies I already have with Miller

2 Likes

Bro you should see the flash personally the last trailer to get me so hyped for a movie was probably Spider-Man no way home but now the flash trailer is my favorite

2 Likes

I’m having issues supporting Miller

2 Likes

On the box office threads there is a clear consensus about this movie- it will be the hardest one to predict (still better than Shazam 2’s predictions).

I fully intend to see Shazam 2; why do people think it’ll be bad?

2 Likes

Its box office projections are real bad. Disliked trailers and losing the projected “March bloodbath.”