Racing Towards the 2022 Flash Movie!

I didn’t see one, so I thought I’d create a space where we could share news and updates about everyone’s favorite speedster as he races towards his big screen movie debut :flash_hv_1:

12 Likes

This was released today…:open_mouth: :batman:

9 Likes

Interesting! I wonder if we’ll get a Watchmen-esque take on Keaton’s Batman here.

The Flash is a movie I’m a little tentative with, because of all the drama and controversy that’s been around it, but I’m really hoping it will be good. I’m just hoping that the Barry in this movie will be more like the one from the most recently seen version and not, y’know, “Brunch Allen.”

7 Likes

I do like what I’ve seen from ‘some’ of the set pics today :shushing_face:

Forewarning for those to be careful on social media if you want to avoid stuff before officially revealed.

5 Likes

Supergirl S-shield reveal:

7 Likes

There’s a lot not working here with this costume but even with this small framed image, just the difference in saturation of the red tone between the shield and the shoulder trim is an eye swore.

4 Likes

4 Likes
1 Like

:eyes: If you’ve seen certain pics from yesterdays on-set shooting there doesn’t seem to be a drastic different between the tones of the 2 reds like what this promo shows.

2 Likes

giphy_s

2 Likes

:joy: will DM in case anyone on this thread doesn’t want to see yet

2 Likes

Oh I’ve seen them. Still thinks she’s trying out for a Spiderwoman role or the next Winter Olympics luge team.

1 Like

Maybe. The on-set photos made it look schway to me, at least.

In any event, these things always look better on the big screen anyway. :slight_smile:

begins to anticipate what the eventual figures of the new Supergirl will be like

2 Likes
3 Likes

The Flash 2022 Teaser with Star and Director Commentary + OFFICAL Concept art

GOLD BOOTS !

3 Likes

Spoiler discussion based on unconfirmed rumors/reports as of January 2, 2022:

Reports are flying that the upcoming Flash movie is going to cast aside everything that the Snyderverse built. Affleck’s last movie as Batman, Cavill only in flashbacks, Keaton names Batgirl the new Batman and a new Justice League is formed.

I’m willing to see where they go with it and how it’s all done. We know Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash and Black Adam aren’t going anywhere and if they add a new Batman, Shazam! to make the new Justice League I wouldn’t hate it.

1 Like

Already debunked:

4 Likes

That’s not debunking it at all. That’s saying “Nothing can erase the work that he did” which is true. Those movies will always exist and be a part of the DC world much like the Donner films, the Burton films and the Nolan films. But they could be just that - history.

3 Likes

If I find that that happens, I’m not seeing it

Same article also references a quote from the director from 2020, where he states:

“This movie is a bit of a hinge in the sense that it presents a story that implies a unified universe where all the cinematic iterations that we’ve seen before are valid,” Muschietti said at the time. “It’s inclusive in the sense that it is saying all that you’ve seen exists, and everything that you will see exists, in the same unified multiverse.”

All that aside though: there’s no reason to erase it when the movie establishes that the Snyderverse is it’s own separate thing. It means they can carry on without him while also letting him finish his vision. Having your cake and eating it too.

3 Likes