Racing Towards the 2022 Flash Movie!

Agreed. And if there’s a new era of DC/Justice League, so be it! As long as it’s done well it’ll work. Let’s not pretend the previous films were so successful or well-received that they are beyond tweaking or moving away from.

It sounds like The Flash is the, pardon the pun, flashpoint for the new direction. That movie will change things and re-set the DC movie universe. With ‘Aquaman & The Lost Kingdom’ coming out just six weeks later we could see a new universe built pretty quickly and then ‘Shazam! Fury of the Gods’ comes out six months after that. Add it the fact that it seems DC is going to have a spinoff series air on HBO Max to support/follow each of their movies and we could see something cool building very quickly, indeed.

3 Likes

Saw the rumor that Superman and Batman will be “replaced” with Supergirl and Batgirl, that Keaton’s Bruce Wayne will be a Nick Fury type figure. My initial reaction, I won’t lie, was disappointment. I’m still clamoring to see the big three working together, as part of the big 7 (or 8 or… insert number here), the way we see them work together month in and month out in the comics.

Upon reflecting, I’m not as disappointed because:

• There are movies for the big 3 in various levels of development, including The Batman in a couple months.
  • Supes has a wonderful show on TV, and animated series for both Batman and Superman are in the works.
  • It’s good to see these other characters, who have not had much in the way of live action adaptations, get their moment in the limelight.
  • It’s a rumor.
  • Probably a good idea to watch the movie(s) before judging if it’s good or bad.

Still, I’m holding out hope that one day we will see a more classic Justice League, that includes the big 3, team up in the Hall of Justice on the big screen, and kick some serious box office butt. If Marvel can do it for their flagship team, DC should be able to do it. Until then, I’ll enjoy what we get.

5 Likes

The most frustrating thing about this is seeing people treat an unconfirmed rumor as absolute truth. There’s no guarantee whatsoever that this is how the movie is gonna turn out. Maybe it will, or maybe it’ll go in a completely different direction. We’re gonna have to wait until at least November to know for sure, but I just see no reason for people to completely lose their minds over something like this before then

5 Likes

Yeah, you got to remember the “rumor” part of everything. Keep in mind that one of the more prolific scoopers picking this up also said that Wonder Woman 1984 was going to be a Flashpoint-like event. None of these folks are batting 1000s in their scoops.

It’s a shame if we lost Affleck, but I can live with it because it sounds like it’s on his own terms. Replacing him with Keaton’s Batman is…an odd decision, but I’m willing to judge it for myself. It would be a damn shame if Cavill doesn’t get to play Superman again, and I would love to see him interact with Sasha’s Supergirl.

Anyway, had to share this:

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I heard rumors that if the flash doesn’t pan out, Walter Hamada himself is gonna run through the time stream to erase the film.

3 Likes

Now see THAT is pretty believable. I’m willing to put full stock in this rumor

1 Like

I remember people losing it over Heath Ledger being cast as the Joker, because all they knew him from was 10 Things I Hate About You. I had seen him in A Knights Tale, and Candy and was sure he’d be great. Or at the very least, was more than willing to trust him and Christopher Nolan before jumping to conclusions.

But people have no patience anymore.

2 Likes

The difference there is that people were at least reacting to something they knew was gonna happen. If the studio, director, cast, etc. confirmed this to be true, it’d be another story. But it’s still just a rumor for now and will likely stay that way until November, so it just doesn’t seem worth getting this worked up over because of that

4 Likes

Very true.

I’ll be unphased either way- I despise the Snyder films, so if they erase em I’ll be sad for his fans, but I’ll still be skipping out of the theater with a smile :grin:

4 Likes

I can almost see it, with “At The Speed of Force” played on a kazoo in the distance.

2 Likes

Let’s say it is true - all of it. So? The movie has been shot and is in post-production. It’s a done deal at this point. Wringing your hands and yelling online isn’t going to do anything. The powers that be have had dozens if not hundreds of meetings on this over hundreds if not thousands of hours and this is what they decided to do.

The only guarantees are this:

• Some people will love it
  • Some people will hate it
  • A lot of people will think it’s ok/good
  • I will see it in the theater and then buy the Blu-Ray when it is released

Like I said earlier, it’s not as if the previous films have been so well received and so successful that they are beyond reproach or tweaks. It’s also been nine years since ‘Man of Steel’, six years since ‘Batman vs. Superman’ and five years since ‘Justice League’ were released. These are not active storylines that will be left unfinished. This is not a movie franchise that has people clamoring to see what’s next. DC has released solo movies that have little to nothing to do with one another for years now and if this is the start of something that will actually be a cinematic universe with true connectivity between films - great! I welcome that openly.

We’re all comics fans here and we’re all used to things getting rebooted, retconned, erased and reborn. This is nothing new and we’ll all just have to wait and see what happens. Regardless what happens, though, I’m there for it and they can count on my money and support.

4 Likes

I agree. Can Flash go back and stop Zack Snyder from being hired in the first place?

I wonder if we’ll see him run into the CW version again.

3 Likes

This is well said. Fan that I am of the Snyder movies, I still think:
a) He was too indulgent. His “vision” became more of a thing than the characters themselves.
b) Warner Bros handled the situation with Justice League very poorly. The pivot should have happened after not during that movie.

So I agree with you. Outside of online fan forums, people are not talking much about the DCEU. At the water cooler at work, if this type of movie comes up in a conversation, it’s usually a Marvel or Star Wars movie and not DC. They have some major catching up to do, so I understand moving in a different direction.

Having said all that… if all the rumors are true… where I’d be personally disappointed is the fact that WB is having a hard time bringing arguably the two biggest characters in the world together successfully to the big screen. I’m a big enough fan that I will be watching, but I can’t say the rumor gives me the warm & fuzzy. Not losing my mind over it though. For this fan, there’s plenty that DC/WB is doing right right now, that I’m not worried too much about a movie that’s a year away.

2 Likes

I really hope it is false

And you know what? Absolute, worst case scenario, at least we still have The Batman and a possible Bat-universe of spin-offs from that.

3 Likes

plus the different live-action Superman projects from JJ Abrams, Michael B. Jordan and the live action Tv show along with the Batman and Superman animated series(s) for HBO Max + whatever future VOD movies for those characters. And Michael Keaton is here to stay (awesome!) - IF all the rumors are true.

Some of the reactions I’ve seen are almost as if people think WB’s deleting the characters overall from appearing in anything lol I’d be on the upset side if we weren’t getting all this Superman and Batman content down the line. Plus I wanted a reboot anyways sooo ~

1 Like

At the expense of how much?

At no expense since it’s not like the movies that came previously are disappearing from our reality. They weren’t continuing with Snyder’s vision since way before this reboot idea, there wasn’t any road map or vision that seemed to be setting up since the theatrical cut of JL besides stand-a-lone movies and it’s not like they aren’t going to keep working with the directors + talent they -currently- have on their ongoing IP movies (Shazam, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, etc)

1 Like

Cavil was a good Superman, he just had a crap script

4 Likes