Polls, Polls, Poll! Ver 2.0

Correct​:joy:

6 Likes

One of my favorites!

5 Likes
  1. Plucky
  2. Buster and Babs (waiting on blood test to determine relation, despite what they tell their press agents)
  3. Hampton
5 Likes

It got the part about dogs right… :service_dog:

6 Likes

I just like how suspiciously cagey @CynicalPink was about saying what her favorite flavor is

The ice cream flavor which I select is wrong also!

5 Likes

Let It Be is my favorite Beatles album. Considering the opuses that came before Let It Be, the album is extremely stripped down. Now for my track by track analysis that no one has asked for. Also, this gives me a great excuse to listen to The Beatles late at night.

The opening track, Two of Us, features acoustic guitars and vocal harmonizing that could have easily been found on A Hard Day’s Night.

Next is Dig A Pony. Electric guitars are introduced to the album. This song has a vibe that is very similar as With A Little from My Friends. In other words, it is unmistakingly a John Lennon tune. Once again, this is a stripped down version of the Beatles, especially if you were to compare Side B of Abbey Road or anything on The Beatles.

Across the Universe. This is the first song that we hear something that is reminiscent of The Beatles from The Beatles. John’s voice is going through an effect and the acoustic guitars have returned. There is an orchestral piece behind John’s haunting voice that Bjork, Radiohead, and Flaming Lips have been trying to master for the past twenty or more years. On top of that, George Harrison has a wah-wah effect that oddly fits this serene soundscape.

I Me Mine. The first George song on the album. The opening riff is electric and reminds me of Hot Tuna’s Death Have No Mercy. From the slow beginning it soon finds a chorus that is upbeat and is a callback to a Chuck Berry breakdown. According to Wikipedia this is the last song that The Beatles recorded before they broke up.

Dig It. This just sounds like an unfinished song and has a run time of 50 seconds. However, it does make me wonder if Bob Dylan was influenced by this song on his recent track Murder Most Foul. Granted, that song does have a run time of almost 16 minutes but there is a point where he names random songs and musicians. (People have made Spotify playlists from the songs mentioned in Murder Most Foul and they are amazing.) Also, this song was not included on Let It Be…Naked.

Let It Be. According to Paul, this was not about his mother. However, people have asked if this was about his mother and he is now of the thought that this could be. (For those that do not know Paul’s mother died when he was a boy.) This song features piano, a great solo from George, and some of the most memorable lyrics in The Beatles catalog. Even with the orchestral pieces this could easily be played live, unlike anything from The White Album.

Maggie Mae. This is the second song that did not make Let It Be…Naked. It is also only 40 seconds long. More or less, I think it was the band having fun.

I’ve Got a Feeling. This was recorded on the famed 1969 Roof Top concert. Paul’s screams on this song are very similar to the screams that he recorded with Nirvana on the song Cut Me Some Slack. I suppose if anyone could replace Kurt Cobain it would be Paul McCartney? It worked, I don’t how but it did. Back to The Beatles, John’s part was from a song that was unfinished that was combined with Paul’s song that was unfinished. If you didn’t hear elements that can be found in John Lennon’s solo career on songs like Dig A Pony, you can definitely hear them here. His lyrics on this song are a bit more controversial than the normal Beatles lyrics, at least in 1969/1970 standards.

One After 909. This is another song that could easily have fit on earlier albums. This is also one of the finer examples of the stripped down sound that fills this album. This is another song recorded from the Roof Top concert. This is also one of my least favorite songs on Let It Be.

The Long and Winding Road. As much as you can hear where John Lennon was directed musically you can also hear where Paul McCartney was headed. While John was going to a rougher sound Paul was going towards a huge arena sound. In many ways, this reminds me of an early version of Live and Let Die. The song is drenched in orchestral arrangements and honestly, is more sentimental than anything that John or George would have written. Paul is really good at that. Let It Be and Yesterday are better examples but this definitely fits that category.

For You Blue. George’s second song on Let It Be. Like The Long and Winding Road and Dig A Pony, this is a red herring of George Harrison’s musical path. This could have been a Traveling Wilburys song or even found a home on All Things Must Pass.

Get Back. This is the last new song people will hear from The Beatles, until Real Love and Free as a Bird. That is if they bought Let It Be when it came out and then lived another 26 years for The Beatles Anthology. Or you know, someone discovered The Beatles and listened to the albums in chronological order at any point in between 1970 and 1996. Anyway, this a Paul rocker, which he kind of needed after Let It Be and The Long and Winding Road. It is a fine song that features great rhythm guitar work from John Lennon.

Sorry for the extremely long reply!!!

8 Likes

I could live with that…

5 Likes

Ec5qkBlUEAEgfKb

i’m sorry i’ve been waiting for a chance to use this

9 Likes

Fair enough. I wasn’t expecting to type that much.

10 Likes

:laughing: i’m just kidding, i just don’t have anything worthwhile to add, being a musical ignoramus!

8 Likes

Your favorite Beatle is:

• John
  • Paul
  • George
  • Ringo
  • Blue

0 voters

4 Likes

hank

10 Likes

Bro what if that money has Corona on it!

4 Likes

Well then I find out how healthy I am, or not. :wink:

That did occur to me though, but picked up the trash anyway.

It would be something a jerk would do though. Infect fake cash and spread it around, to see who all else they can infect.

Oh well. Time will tell either way.

MACJR

7 Likes

I did wash my hands after I got home, and after touching the fake cash. I was also wearing riding gloves, but that alone might not have been enough protection, but I did avoid touching my face with my finger tips. Did I forget a time or two though, and slip up?

Well, who knows.

I am sure a lot of that fake money had been checked out, and then discarded when they realized it was fake, but this was at either end of the trail. All the cash in the middle would have mostly been avoided, because by then people already knew it was fake.

If it is infected, then getting that stuff off the trail may have done a bigger service to the public than just picking up trash though. One can only hope that the price of doing the right thing is not too high.

Anyway, so it goes. What will be will be.

MACJR

9 Likes

0 voters

6 Likes

I think a bunch of us do, but we’re just afraid to say so out loud. We want to stay on the good side of our new world overlords when they come into power :smiley:

10 Likes

:rofl:

7 Likes

It feels weird posting polls in a place other than here. But go guess!

7 Likes

7 Likes