Polls, Polls, Poll! Ver 2.0

Do threads need to allow for more than 10k posts?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

12 Likes

YES! THE THREAD HAS BEEN REBORN!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!
:grin:Scary ain’t I?
Here’s a tribute to the first poll thread. The best thread about nothing.:pensive:
088bfa404596710d5dc16ee99e047d67
The Polls! The Polls! The Polls!
2020-2020

23 Likes

I would say yes, but the reality is that really large threads are demanding on device and internet resources. Lag times get worse and worse as the strain on the resources get larger and larger as the thread’s “weight” gets heavier and heavier.

Sad, but true.

MACJR

9 Likes

Sigh.

No “H.”

No more playing on @biff_pow’s polls.

10 Likes

… wouldn’t that be sig?

8 Likes

would there be major issues if there was no thread limit? Is just because of what @MACJR.1962 pointed out?

8 Likes

I always forget something from season 1. Then you see the recap and you’re “oh, yeah he had is face eaten off.”

12 Likes

Since the thread is loaded in chunks, it wouldn’t create much difference than now.
There are 2 potential issues.

1. as the number of posts goes up the instance pointers would go up. But that is a server dude issue. Certainly 20k would be much, if any additional overhead.
  2. on the user end, since threads are only loaded in relative chunks, unless someone loaded the entire thread, by scrolling through all the messages, that could cause slow response times.
9 Likes

That’ll take forever!:grin:

6 Likes

i was gonna call it “Polls, Polls, Polls, Polls!” ¯_(ツ)_/¯

and i was gonna give what’s her name the first comment! get in here, @Ziva! What the heck’s a Ziva!

15 Likes
  • I know who/what Ziva is.
  • Huh?
  • Alais!!! (aka TheBatgirlofNML!!!) Again with the name changes.
  • I don’t know what Ziva is

0 voters

5 Likes

Wonder if @Ziva related to Lon Chaney Sr.? She’s a girl with thousands names!:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Okay, serious time. I’m reading New Teen Titans for the first time… and I have a strong dislike of it. I’m about 20 issues in.

Should I…

• Stop reading it.
  • What?!
  • It gets better. I will tell you when below.
  • NTT is a masterpiece. Weather through it.

0 voters

6 Likes

If your 20 issues in and don’t like it. Stop.

12 Likes

Thanks @biff_pow.

I’m here guys!

Sorry @Lincolnfan78, I don’t know who that is.
9:24pm 6/25/2020

8 Likes

i’m not old enough to watch those shows

8 Likes

Is she related to Larry David? I know who he is!

6 Likes

Lon Chaney who is known as The Man with Thousands Faces, was a silent film actor, he was one of the first make up artists who would change his appearance in almost every of his Films like,

Quasimodo from Hunchback of Notre Dame
190px-ChaneyPhantomoftheOpera
The Phantom from The Phantom of the Opera

This was from a famous lost film, London after midnight

As Tito/Flik The Clown in Laugh Clown Laugh

And a drill Sergeant in Tell it to Marines.

Chaney was famous for being a horror actor which is a shame, cause he made alot of great films that are not horror.
He was Born in Colorado on April 1st 1883, his parents were both deaf, which really pay off, because in silent films he really use his face and body to Express what his characters was feeling.
He passaway on August 26th 1930 of cancer. He was 47 years old.

12 Likes

Wow, Great job!:grinning:

7 Likes

Oh my goodness!

That is exactly what happened!

:rofl:

10:14pm 6/25/2020

9 Likes