Official NYCC Announcements Hot Off The Press!

Thankyou Nathan.Payson. :grinning:

1 Like

So after Stargirl and Doom Patrol season 2, what other live action series will there be?

5 Likes

There is a mistake 90 Days did you mean 9 Days?

1 Like

is there no update on when we will get to use dcu on ps4

2 Likes

Regarding Stargirl, Jim Lee just said on DC Daily that principle photography was complete. Then he said itā€™s on track to premiere in 2020, which I thought was obvious given that photography was done, but, heyā€¦who am I to judge?

2 Likes

The 90 day delay for the DC animated movies coming here is understandable IMO. Itā€™s a financial and business decision. They donā€™t want to undermine the digital and physical media sales. Without those sales, these DC Original animated movies could not be made. If youā€™re one of those who arenā€™t into physical media anymore, then you just have to wait patiently.

7 Likes

So still no visual tease for stargirl? is Titans renewed for a third season?

4 Likes

Are you still working to release the app on different platforms, like Samsung LG TVs?

1 Like

So happy to hear about this expansion. I know Disney+ is the talk of the town for those mainstream posers out there but you can keep that. DC Universe has always been responsive to members, consistently asking what can be improved, with them almost always taking your feedback into consideration quickly. The original shows are all awesome in their own unique way, the animated shows and movies obviously need no introduction as to their consistent quality, and the fun throw back shows like The Flash (1990), Birds of Prey and the obscure but cool Human Target are all great to have under 1 roof. Looking Forward to Star Girl, BizzaroTV and hoping for many more seasons of Titans, YJ and the rest.

Just 1 random request: Can you add Beware the Batman to the animated catalogue soon? That was a really underrated animated gem in the DC/WB catalogue IMO.

5 Likes

Finally Harley!!! And the new community sounds amazing!! I I come in and out, I will prolly be far more active now! Tell em, will I get notifications when someone comments? I need that lol

4 Likes

BizarroTV sounds fun, also curious to see how that DC unscripted is gonna work out. Sounds intriguing. Love the community interaction.

2 Likes

So one new show? Is DCU slowing down on the live action shows? To be honest none of this sounds that amazing. It seems like DCU grabbed whatever they could and presented it.

What happened to more live action shows or even animated original series? And why do we have to complain and petition in order to get better merchandise? It just seems like the fans are trying to make DCU better and not the actually studio.

6 Likes

Can we please get a PS4 app? This is the only thing thatā€™s bothering me about this service.

8 Likes

There is a typo on 90 days after release. Did you mean 9?

3 Likes

We need some sort of communication between us(users) of the DC universe app. Like being able to respond to a specific person and then being able to respond bck to us with a notification sound for the app. Able to communicate between us without texting someoneā€™s name and one in a million their going to see our message. Not just write something and throw it in the air just for likes. We need a family community hereā€‹:grinning::beers:

4 Likes

@AlexF No worries, weā€™ve definitely heard the cry for a PS4 app. These things take a village to put together, not to mention time. Keep an eyes out here in the Watchtower for updates on that platform!
@DcW0rld Thatā€™s one of the many things in the works regarding our new Community space! No spoilers here, but New Community is gonna be EPIC.

2 Likes

Until they come straight out and say they will continue to support this app with content and not drop This for the WB app I dont think my subscription will be updated. And why should DC ? Marvel has a comic app and now Disney plus. I bet DC and WB are having fomo and want more money and thing for they should do the same. But I canā€™t look up a character on the marvel app and they have the options I have here. Donā€™t Fā€™ this up WB let me know already

2 Likes

Cool to know what was the most watched n most read titles! Itā€™s also great that DCU is givin us some fan first opportunities n the new Community Launch. Other Streaming services donā€™t do that! Sure, they renew our favorite shows (not always) but they are all about views n donā€™t really engage with the community. Excited that Anna Diop is joining us n for BizarroTV! :bat:

3 Likes

Wb said shortly after the HBO Max announcement DCU would continue to operate the same.

10 Likes

I could see maybe from a long term perspective some things changing with the live content, but not anytime soon. And this place has so much more to offer, Iā€™m definitely not going anywhere.

3 Likes