OFFICIAL Comic selection grievance thread

The original demonstration of the app before it launched stated that it will tailor to you the user. You have to use the app for it to monitor anything. Once you start hitting the like button on your favorite characters my best guess is that you’ll start receiving more of what you like, and less of what you don’t. Can’t learn if you don’t yearn

@Gawdspeed that sounds very complicated. I knoe nothing about coding or algorithms, but to tailor each individual experience on this service sounds impossible.

1 Like

Eagerly signed up early for a chance to dive into the back issue stacks! Can’t even dip a toe! New it would be a rough start and I’m willing to give it time but dc is sending up red flags already. Full catalog available for purchase in October? So you’re saying your going to charge me to walk in the store to buy something? Don’t think so. Contents nice but that’s not what I’m here for and I think Dc has got it assbackwards! People came for the books and will take the content, NOT the other way around! Had the Marvel app for a few years now and it’s kept me in the comic world. I don’t want or need another pay tv channel. I want books,lots of books!

9 Likes

I also agree the comic selection needs to be enhanced.

6 Likes

I was reading the dark knight returns by frank miller which had 4 issues… now only one… did they get removed?

7 Likes

So my question is I see Crisis on Infinite Earths 1-4 is available. Will they disappear at some time, replaced by 5-8 ? How long do I have read these. That is a small one, what about something bigger like Green Lantern, when will those issues change ?

5 Likes

It makes no sense for a service like this, from a company that owns all of the content it provides, to not have full runs available w/o a stupid upsell. I didn’t sign up for the privilege to spend more money.

6 Likes

The comic selection is an unbelievable disappointment. I totally regret my subscription. There are so many comic book thirst traps here with only one book being available in a series. I don’t care about the video content. I care about the books. I’m reading stuff I don’t really even care for because there is so little available and so little to do in this so called universe.

8 Likes

I’ve posted it lots of places here already, but I’m here for the comics and even with a few original programming, it isn’t worth the bucks. Stuck with non-refundable premium sub ( my own fault for trusting DC to provide a robust comic library). When my sub runs out, I’m outa here if they don’t hugely improve for what we’re already paying.

4 Likes

Also got suckered into the year pre-sale. Hopefully they’ll fix this nonsense, but meanwhile I’ll be over at MU.

6 Likes

I also regret paying for a full year. Not only do I not like the limited runs and incomplete story arcs, but the rotating content approach really stinks in practice. Enjoying that Batman series? Too bad, now it’s gone. Read faster next time. so disappointed.

3 Likes

I would like to see a greater selection of silver age and bronze age comics, especially for the Superman and Batman titles. I grew up during the bronze age and my first comic book was Action Comics 454. This was also the Batman without Robin era and I always got the reprints from the earlier era to help me play with my Mego action figures.

2 Likes

Hey guys,
Please keep in mind this was a pre-launch for Batman day. Official launch is late October.
I had a chance to experience the app at SDCC this year before release and they had every movie and EVERY comic from action #1 to Rebirth. They could easily release everything else this coming month. But they had all the comics on there!

6 Likes

^ Hmm

1 Like

Ok i know people are saying the full launch is in october, but when i look up comics, it says"full library available for purchase in october". Does this mean we’ll have t pay more for a full selection. Try it yourself. I looked up batman 405 and that came up.

1 Like

There was also a CS guy named Joe who answered on several threads that the rest of the library would become available “for purchase”. He was pretty clear about the fact that more money would be needed to access the rest of the library. I was in a willing to wait and see mode until those posts by Joe. Now there is little doubt in my mind that they plan to offer a rotating 2500 book library as the comic portion of the app. You want more? Pay more. Sort of a teaser to get more $$$ than from just the app.

Hope I’m wrong. But I don’t think so.

We shall see soon enough

They don’t even have whole storylines, I’m not gonna start something then hope and pray dc decides to put the rest out in the near future.

6 Likes

If paying an additional fee on this app is cheaper than buying them individually off comixology, I say why not.

I’m feeling serious buyers remorse here. I subscribed solely for the comics, I don’t care about the movies and tv shows at all. I didn’t expect a catalogue as deep as marvel unlimited’s right off the bat, it took them years to grow their selection. But I did expect complete story arcs, and a selection that would continually grow, not titles that rotate in and out of availability. I wont be renewing my subscription if the service stays as is.

9 Likes