OFFICIAL Comic selection grievance thread

I am glad to see this thread. I thought I was going nuts because I was reading Adventures of Superman the other day and now they are all gone. It is so frustrating. I hope this all gets cleared up soon.

1 Like

I am glad to see this thread. I thought I was going nuts because I was reading Adventures of Superman the other day and now they are all gone. It is so frustrating. I hope this all gets cleared up soon.

2 Likes

I definitely agree. Have you seen new 52 Batman? They have only 3 freaking issues. I thought this was MY UNIVERSE which means I get almost everything. I’m kinda pissed.

3 Likes

Certain comic books are currently under the wrong heading: Batman: Year One issues are listed under “Batman (2010)”

Agreed. Marvel has a TON of new & old comic content available in Comixology (not even a Marvel service), but the DC comic content in a dedicated DC service is really lacking… :confused:

Keep in mind, this still hasn’t technically fully launched yet. Let’s at least wait until tomorrow before we freak out. Betas are for testing…we’re in the beta right now.

5 Likes

Please get more issues oat the start of every new 52 series. Make a whole category for it also so that it’s easy to find. The New 52 was really in my opinion the best re-launch in Comic history. It brought me back.

1 Like

Anyone know the deal about “the entire DC library will be available for purchase in October”?

I am not going to be happy if I spent the money for a premium account and still have to buy comics. Only giving us access to one issue to make us buy another is not worth it. Especially when there are other options such as Hoopla that are free.

5 Likes

I got this service for the comics. Serious buyers remorse. I assumed I’d be suing full runs and issues from 6 months back. I guess I have spoiled by Marvel Unlimited. If this is it, I really want a refund.

9 Likes

Only 1st issues of rebirth??? That’s like a a teaser right? Why would they only have 1st issues to make us buy the rest after reading the first… I already did that on Google play with my favorite characters. I thought they would at least have all new 52 if you pre ordered. Should have just bought the month to see whats up I had to pre order… hopefully it’s like how digital games are where more content comes over time but if I have to pay for it when feels like I already paid for all content in advance like a season pass I’m not gonna be happy.

2 Likes

Focus on story arcs not single issues, reading just 1 part of an arc is not what I was expecting. Would rather have selected arcs, even older ones that would give you an entire story. Bring the art of story telling to the comic section.

1 Like

I can understand if they don’t want to post current comics as to not cannibalize their current business. But I hope they don’t go “rotating” the existing issues out when they add more. I want to see a slowly expanding library - focusing on entire runs and story arcs.

1 Like

The comic selection is crap. I feel like this subscription is a glorified comic sampler to force people to buy issues. Why are literally all the New 52 runs that people care about only offering one issue? It’s a fuckin joke if you ask me. They just have the titles there to give the illusion of content. Oh no but of course they give us subscribers the content we were asking for right? Idk about you guys but I paid 80$ for the entire 1992 run of Impulse and the whole 16 issues of New 52 BatWing which I have been dying to read. Big mistake buying one year. Imma try to get a refund and get a Marvel Unlimited sub instead.

1 Like

Totally agree I don’t understand the thought process behind just giving 1-3 comic of a great run. How is anyone supposed to get a feel for a character or creator? Is the idea of paying more in October for full library access real? Why would anyone want to pay on top of the 75 for more comics when there’s no comics to begin with?

1 Like

Impulse issue 4 has the first 5 pages out of order.

1 Like

The amount of comics should be little more. What I really want is for them to have full story lines like all star Superman, knightfall, and redson.

3 Likes

I would love a story Arc view, rather than single issues.

2 Likes

The comic selection is just sad. I bought a year so fingers crossed it gets better but I will not be renewing my subscription even if titans is good without some COMPLETE good storylines/events. Nobody wants the complete run of impulse lets be real.

3 Likes

I don’t need the access to everything in the DC library- Put up complete story arcs for a limited time(monthly?) and then rotate for whatever you want to focus on. I think a good percentage of us are here for the comics, enough of us paid for the year, and DC should work to a compromise with us. If it stays as such, there is no way I’ll renew…

3 Likes