OFFICIAL Comic selection grievance thread

I subscribed because I want the comics as well. However I do understand DC clearly stated the business model in advance.

With both of those things being said, yes I agree they need more complete selections, and yes they need to be clearer about when things will disappear. We need deeper and more full runs of books as well as more title availability. I hope they decide to expand, because at this point I may decide to cancel.

I will also say that the move they made today with the announcement of Wolfman’s titans coming, as well as the manner of the rollout for it was well handled. I hope they continue with this type of info in the future. I also hope they leave added books up for a good long while, but I’ll take a wait and see approach on that.

2 Likes

The New 52 was a total disaster, despised by everyone except for a few select titles. So it completely makes sense to flood the service with New 52 issues, right? Only 30 issues of the original Action Comics? Only 70 of Batman? And if we have to pay extra money to access stuff we should already receive as part of the subscription, I’m outta here. I doubt I’d be alone.

2 Likes

Full catalogue, DC. Come on!

3 Likes

Full catalog is an unreasonable request.

1 Like

Is this why I keep getting, “Unfortunately DC Universe has stopped”, errors?

Just keeping this at the top of the thread…I sure hope DC is seeing enough complaints that they’re going to have to act. It’s the only thing that will ever make me renew my subscription. I doubt I’ll even try to watch the Titans or any of their live action series. But I’ll sure read the comics if they become like Marvel Unlimited

2 Likes

Within 2500 there is room to have every current comic series from six or seven months ago or even 9 months ago here, and then each new month add one new issue. Then, have a nice backlog with whatever remains from the great past decades of DC Comics.

I’m not sure if the OP will consider this to be related, but has anyone else been disappointed with the reader application. So far, reading on my phone and big screen has been very frustrating!

Apologies if this was discussed elsewhere.

2 Likes

I really wonder how many potential customers they could add by having a more competitive comics library (or how many will this help retain at renewals). Been following the threads since inception and this is one of the most common comments (improve the comics selection). not complaining just letting dc know what it will take to earn my business. Sure hope they are paying attention to all the comments.

1 Like

At this point I will not be renewing my subscription…

2 Likes

4Granted why is it unreasonable? Marvel Unlimited does it and seems fine

Beacuse that’s all Marvel Unlimited does. Comics are not the sole focus of this service.

1 Like

A customer telling a business what they need to do in order to get their money is never unreasonable. We are the audience for this new product. We aren’t obligated to use it. If it doesn’t provide us with what we want, it is entirely reasonable for us to let the business know that and for us to cancel our subscriptions.

These “you’re being unreasonable” types of comments are simply nonsense. This is our money. We get to decide whether to be a customer or not. And all we’re saying is “if you want us as customers, here is what you need to do”. Not only is that “reasonable”, but it’s important for DC to hear. Otherwise they’re going to be wondering why so many of their subscribers to this service suddenly drop and don’t renew.

5 Likes

It is unreasonable when you think the business needs to operate how you see fit. Sure, I’d like some more comics myself as well. I am with you there. This was however never meant to be a comics only ala Marvel Unlimited thing. The movies and shows are the real draw to this service with the hope of reaching out to people who’ve never reached out to the source material. Us people who read the comics are far fewer than those who have watched any movie or show. Not even worth a debate there.

That said if at least more full arcs could be present and maybe around 5,000 comics are instantly available with the rotation ongoing I think that can light a spark.

Finally I’m gonna read some Geoff Johns Titans on here. Thanks DCU!

1 Like

@Heartshadow no offence, but you’re starting to come off as entitled.

@needmorecomics - Marvel doesn’t offer their entire collection. Some of the old stuff is missing issues in the middle of the stories, some of their obscure stuff isn’t there and none of their brand new stuff. Also, how would they make money on comics if everything they published for a particular month was placed here? The last reason of why it’s an unreasonable request is because of the original programming and the other programs you can stream. That alone at Netflix and Hulu is more than a monthly subscription here. And yes, I’m aware those other places offer more content (but they didn’t always).

I also second the issue with the comics. I only subscribed for the comics. I don’t have to be up to date with everything, but I’d at least like to follow a story. I have absolutely zero interest in paying individually for comics. Now, if you want to ask for a second tier for unlimited comics, that’s a different story. I.e. Hulu basic, vs Hulu commercial free. I’m not going to pay individually for comics on top of my subscription. Follow Marvel Unlimited. They did it correctly

7 Likes

You cant even scroll down in here without jumping randomly. Aint no discount for that. You cant even finish a movie (Bad Blood), a comic arc (Crisis). Things being removed after three weeks when they said it would be quarterly rotation. Lots of people complaining about compatibility issues with their favorite streaming devices. There have been more stuff removed that updates for iPhone.

1 Like

ITS BEEN 3 WEEKS!!! Did you expect this app to have a perfect launch?! This sense of entitlement and over-expectation is getting really old really fast.

3 Likes

I disagree with the comments being entitlement. When people spend money and are not happy they let the company know. Call it what you want but without enhancing the comic selection dc could be missing out on a much larger base of customers (or losing renewals). Time will tell.

7 Likes