OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Wally World is the theme park from the movie National Lampoon’s Vacation. It’s where Clark Griswold (Chevy Chase) and family journey to throughout the film. It’s a stand in for Disney World, as was it’s owner (and Marty Moose creator) Roy Wally a stand-in for Walt Disney.

The name is also slang for Walmart.

6 Likes

I’m not a Twitter user, so that’s good to know. I also see DCU has WWD-themed collections, which is very nice to see.

5 Likes

When I found my copy of Primal Age, that endcap also had a sweet PA Batman T-shirt I picked up.

5 Likes

Ah, I remember that! They never had my size though (XXL).

4 Likes

Ah, I knew it from the movie, but since I know it’s not real I thought you weren’t referring to it.

Never heard it as a slang term before.

4 Likes

Fun Fact: I’ve never been to Disneyland or World (never had any interest), but I would very happily visit Wally World.

When in sunny California, is there a better place to visit than a theme park that has a Harold Ramis-voiced moose at the entrance and John Candy as a security guard in its employ? I think not!

TBH, there is. It’s called the Warner Brothers Studios lot. Take that and ride with it in your tea cup, Mickey!

7 Likes

I see the value in both. WB is just a studio tour, right? Totally sounds like my thing, but if I had kids with me I’m sure they wouldn’t appreciate it as much.

5 Likes

A magical tour that concludes nearby at one of the other happiest places on Earth: the WB Studio Store.

5 Likes

I need an abbreviation, my name is much too long.

6 Likes

There’s Big Ben, kids. Parliament.

6 Likes

Hi @Applejack,

If you could create one DC inspired meal, what would it be and who would it be named after? :thinking:

6 Likes

I was asked a very compelling question in ASK… THE QUESTION which I attempted to answer this week, but would love to get your own read: what’s the best way to make a less popular DC character (such as, for instance, as specified by the question asker @IrishX, Johnny Sorrow) more prominent?

8 Likes

Dropping off a pleasant and relaxing tune for all to enjoy with tonight’s shenanigans and kittens and such:

:hugs:

9 Likes

Batman_returns_poster2
Gordon_in_Batman_Returns
Gordon: The Office hours is about to start soon, light the Batsignal now!
IlliterateBigCapybara-max-1mb
Bruce: I’m needed!
tenor
Catwoman: Well what you know, it’s almost time for the Office Hours!
catwoman-looking
Catwoman: Applejack, are you here?

Batman: Catwoman, what are you doing?
Penguin: Mind your business bats!

Catwoman: I just wanted to ask Applejack a question.

Batman: Like what?
Catwoman: Like Why doesn’t Batman ever mind his own business?!

Batman: Because that’s what I do, case closed.
tumblr_om5pj3homr1qdm4tlo1_500
Catwoman: He got to be kidding me! AAAAAHHHHHH!!!

The End…

10 Likes

Hey @Applejack!

Hope you’re having a good day. One quick thing! Not sure if anyone else ran into this problem during the sale, but I kept getting this prompt every time I’d go into the store.

Summary

I log in, log out, back in again—same prompt when trying access the sale. Otherwise it’s fine. No idea what’s happening. Just thought I’d report it if you can use the data. :woman_shrugging:t2: Also, looking for a new creepy weird B-movie for Halloween. Got one for me? :smile:
Hope you have a great week. Take care.

Ps. Heeeey! @Aylex!! How ya been? You’re right—your name IS much too long! :wink: Fun story: My brain insists on processing your name “A.X.” Which I realize is weird because it’s the same number of syllables, but… :eyes: that can technically count as a nickname if you don’t hate it. :purple_heart: Hope you’re doing well! :hugs:

8 Likes

While I’m here and just saw I need to do some responses…
Thank you for the recipe @neal.heatherly :pray:t3: Ever put a dark rum in that? There’s a Harry Potter butter beer recipe I tried making once…I don’t remember it, of course! But this sounds more my speed, because it’s an excuse to eat ice cream! :smile:

:radio: And in related news…use your Ted Knight voice there.
@Vroom Much like fried pie, ice cream is among my all-time favorite food inventions, so I thank you for sharing! Alas, I don’t eat the dairy things anymore :seedling:, so you’ll have to tell me about that specific DC line. Any good?
And thank you to @Mae :notes: :dancer:t2:

Everyone have a great week!! :purple_heart: Later.

8 Likes

There’s always Dark Shadows :pleading_face:

7 Likes

:boom: @Mae w/ the FACTS!

But I’m looking for something in the “good-bad movie” category. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:Got one? (whispers) I did start DS…I wanted to get further along before I said anything tho. :shushing_face: Have you watched Ratched yet, btw? Anyone? AJ? @MovieAddict?

5 Likes

That’s weird, I’m sorry that happen, did you message DC support, they might help you as well.:confused:

5 Likes

Not yet, was just window shopping, really. Thanks @Reaganfan78! :hugs: And for the Batman Returns!! :fist:Meow!

5 Likes